Dec. 8th, 1976
Dominic Monaghan's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Dominic Monaghan is best-known for his role in the movie adaptations of Lord of the Rings. Before that, he became known in England for his role in the British television drama Hetty Wainthropp Investigates (1996). He was studying English Literature, Drama and Geography at Sixth Form College when he was offered the co-starring role in the series, which ran for four seasons. His other television credits include This Is Personal: The Hunt for the Yorkshire Ripper (2000) (mini) and a leading role in Monsignor Renard (1999), a series starring 'John Thaw'.
On the stage, Monaghan has performed in the world premiere UK production of The Resurrectionists, Whale and Annie and Fanny from Bolton to Rome. Since watching Star Wars when he was six years old, Dominic has been consumed by films. His other obsessions include writing, music, fashion, playing/watching soccer and surfing. Utilizing his writing skills, he and LOTR co-star 'Billy Boyd' are collaborating on a script.
Born and raised in Berlin, Monaghan and his family moved to England when he was twelve. In addition to speaking fluent German, he has a knack at impersonations and accents. He frequently returns to his hometown of Manchester, England.
- Kept a pair of the latex Hobbit feet used in LotR.
- Shares a birthday with his fellow co-star from the hit series Lost, 'Ian Somerhalder' (qv).
- Speaks fluent German.
- Auditioned for Hetty Wainthropp three times in four weeks before finally getting the part.
- Has a love for insects.
- Shares a birthday with Def Leppard guitarist Phil Collen
- His brother, Matthew, is one year older than him.
- Owns a leaf-mantis named Gizmo, a Black Widow spider named Witchitar and an albino snake named Blink