Dec. 12th, 1940
East Orange, New Jersey, USA
Dionne Warwick's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2003 - Tupac: Resurrection
Guest TV Roles
Herself - Hostess
Herself - Contestant
Miss Kitty (Voiced)
- Although Warwick had a handful of Top Ten hits during the 1960s, many of her songs were not given the chance to shine. Such songs include "Any Old Time of the Day," "Here Where There Is Love," "The Wine Is Young," "Check Out Time," "Wives and Lovers," "Only Love Can Break a Heart," "Knowing When to Leave," "(They Long to Be) Close to You," "Don't Go Breaking My Heart," "Let Me Be Lonely," "Forever My Love," "In the Land of Make Believe," "What the World Needs Now Is Love," "The Look of Love," and "Raindrops Keep Fallin' on My Head".
- Mother of 'David Elliott (V)' (qv), and 'Damon Elliott' (qv).
- Arrested on misdemeanor charge 12 May, 2002 at Miami International Airport for carrying 11 marijuana cigarettes, found in empty lipstick container, less than 5 grams of marijuana. A friend told reporters Warwick uses marijuana to fight effects of glaucoma. On 5 June 2002, AP reports that charges against Warwick were dropped after Miami-Dade County judge agreed to plea bargain deal, which included Warwick's completion of drug treatment program. She did not appear in court, but in a statement said, "To this day, I am puzzled about exactly what happened at the Miami International Airport. But through the grace of God, I can now put this unpleasant chapter behind me." Her plea also included her donation of $250 to a group which supports children born with HIV. Warwick also agreed to make an anti-drug public service announcement directed at youth.
- Had a 12-year relationship with actor 'Gianni Russo (I)' (qv) best known for appearing as Carlo Rizzi, Connie Corleone's husband, in _The Godfather (1972)_ (qv).
- Was named the U.S. Ambassador of Health in 1987.
- She was awarded a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame for Recording at 6922 Hollywood Boulevard in Hollywood, California.
- Dionne's sister Dee Dee Warwick died Saturday October 19, 2008 at a New Jersey nursing home, with her elder sister by her side, after having been in poor health for several months, according to a family spokesman. She was 63.
- Celebrity spokesperson for the Psychic Friends Network and hostess for its infomercials in the 1990s.