Dec. 12th, 1940
East Orange, New Jersey, USA
Dionne Warwick's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2003 - Tupac: Resurrection
1967 - Valley of the Dolls
Guest TV Roles
Herself - Hostess
Herself - Contestant
Herself - Team Captain
Miss Kitty (Voiced)
- Arrested on misdemeanor charge 12 May, 2002 at Miami International Airport for carrying 11 marijuana cigarettes, found in empty lipstick container, less than 5 grams of marijuana. A friend told reporters Warwick uses marijuana to fight effects of glaucoma. On 5 June 2002, AP reports that charges against Warwick were dropped after Miami-Dade County judge agreed to plea bargain deal, which included Warwick's completion of drug treatment program. She did not appear in court, but in a statement said, "To this day, I am puzzled about exactly what happened at the Miami International Airport. But through the grace of God, I can now put this unpleasant chapter behind me." Her plea also included her donation of $250 to a group which supports children born with HIV. Warwick also agreed to make an anti-drug public service announcement directed at youth.
- Although her real last name is Warrick, on her first hit record, "Don't Make Me Over", her record company misspelled her name "Warwick" on the label, and she's used it ever since.
- She was awarded a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame for Recording at 6922 Hollywood Boulevard in Hollywood, California.
- In the 1960s, she worked with 'Burt Bacharach' (qv) and 'Hal David (II)' (qv) who wrote most of her songs.
- Began singing at age 6 at a Baptist church.
- Honorary Member of Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc.
- Was named the U.S. Ambassador of Health in 1987.
- Ranked #42 on VH1's Greatest Women of Rock N Roll