Dec. 12th, 1940
East Orange, New Jersey, USA
Dionne Warwick's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
- As a teenager, she formed the Gospelaires, with sister Dee Dee Warwick and aunt 'Cissy Houston' (qv).
- Mother of 'David Elliott (V)' (qv), and 'Damon Elliott' (qv).
- Had a 12-year relationship with actor 'Gianni Russo (I)' (qv) best known for appearing as Carlo Rizzi, Connie Corleone's husband, in _The Godfather (1972)_ (qv).
- Although Warwick had a handful of Top Ten hits during the 1960s, many of her songs were not given the chance to shine. Such songs include "Any Old Time of the Day," "Here Where There Is Love," "The Wine Is Young," "Check Out Time," "Wives and Lovers," "Only Love Can Break a Heart," "Knowing When to Leave," "(They Long to Be) Close to You," "Don't Go Breaking My Heart," "Let Me Be Lonely," "Forever My Love," "In the Land of Make Believe," "What the World Needs Now Is Love," "The Look of Love," and "Raindrops Keep Fallin' on My Head".
- Began singing at age 6 at a Baptist church.
- First cousin of 'Whitney Houston' (qv).
- Ranked #42 on VH1's Greatest Women of Rock N Roll
- Attended 'Karen Carpenter' (qv)'s funeral on Tuesday, February 8, 1983. The services were held at United Methodist Church in Downey, California.