Dec. 12th, 1940
East Orange, New Jersey, USA
Dionne Warwick's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2003 - Tupac: Resurrection
Guest TV Roles
Herself - Hostess
Herself - Contestant
Miss Kitty (Voiced)
- Ranked #42 on VH1's Greatest Women of Rock N Roll
- Although her real last name is Warrick, on her first hit record, "Don't Make Me Over", her record company misspelled her name "Warwick" on the label, and she's used it ever since.
- Although Warwick had a handful of Top Ten hits during the 1960s, many of her songs were not given the chance to shine. Such songs include "Any Old Time of the Day," "Here Where There Is Love," "The Wine Is Young," "Check Out Time," "Wives and Lovers," "Only Love Can Break a Heart," "Knowing When to Leave," "(They Long to Be) Close to You," "Don't Go Breaking My Heart," "Let Me Be Lonely," "Forever My Love," "In the Land of Make Believe," "What the World Needs Now Is Love," "The Look of Love," and "Raindrops Keep Fallin' on My Head".
- She was awarded a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame for Recording at 6922 Hollywood Boulevard in Hollywood, California.
- Mother of 'David Elliott (V)' (qv), and 'Damon Elliott' (qv).
- Celebrity spokesperson for the Psychic Friends Network and hostess for its infomercials in the 1990s.
- On the advice of her numerologist, she added an "e" to her last name and spelled it that way professionally before reverting back to her original spelling.
- Graduated from East Orange High School in East Orange, New Jersey in 1959.