Dec. 12th, 1940
East Orange, New Jersey, USA
Dionne Warwick's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2003 - Tupac: Resurrection
Guest TV Roles
Herself - Hostess
Herself - Contestant
Miss Kitty (Voiced)
- Arrested on misdemeanor charge 12 May, 2002 at Miami International Airport for carrying 11 marijuana cigarettes, found in empty lipstick container, less than 5 grams of marijuana. A friend told reporters Warwick uses marijuana to fight effects of glaucoma. On 5 June 2002, AP reports that charges against Warwick were dropped after Miami-Dade County judge agreed to plea bargain deal, which included Warwick's completion of drug treatment program. She did not appear in court, but in a statement said, "To this day, I am puzzled about exactly what happened at the Miami International Airport. But through the grace of God, I can now put this unpleasant chapter behind me." Her plea also included her donation of $250 to a group which supports children born with HIV. Warwick also agreed to make an anti-drug public service announcement directed at youth.
- Began singing at age 6 at a Baptist church.
- Was named the U.S. Ambassador of Health in 1987.
- Ranked #42 on VH1's Greatest Women of Rock N Roll
- On the advice of her numerologist, she added an "e" to her last name and spelled it that way professionally before reverting back to her original spelling.
- Celebrity spokesperson for the Psychic Friends Network and hostess for its infomercials in the 1990s.
- In the 1960s, she worked with 'Burt Bacharach' (qv) and 'Hal David (II)' (qv) who wrote most of her songs.
- Dionne's sister Dee Dee Warwick died Saturday October 19, 2008 at a New Jersey nursing home, with her elder sister by her side, after having been in poor health for several months, according to a family spokesman. She was 63.