Dec. 12th, 1940
East Orange, New Jersey, USA
Dionne Warwick's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
- As a teenager, she formed the Gospelaires, with sister Dee Dee Warwick and aunt 'Cissy Houston' (qv).
- Arrested on misdemeanor charge 12 May, 2002 at Miami International Airport for carrying 11 marijuana cigarettes, found in empty lipstick container, less than 5 grams of marijuana. A friend told reporters Warwick uses marijuana to fight effects of glaucoma. On 5 June 2002, AP reports that charges against Warwick were dropped after Miami-Dade County judge agreed to plea bargain deal, which included Warwick's completion of drug treatment program. She did not appear in court, but in a statement said, "To this day, I am puzzled about exactly what happened at the Miami International Airport. But through the grace of God, I can now put this unpleasant chapter behind me." Her plea also included her donation of $250 to a group which supports children born with HIV. Warwick also agreed to make an anti-drug public service announcement directed at youth.
- Dionne's sister Dee Dee Warwick died Saturday October 19, 2008 at a New Jersey nursing home, with her elder sister by her side, after having been in poor health for several months, according to a family spokesman. She was 63.
- Celebrity spokesperson for the Psychic Friends Network and hostess for its infomercials in the 1990s.
- Graduated from East Orange High School in East Orange, New Jersey in 1959.
- Honorary Member of Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc.
- Although her real last name is Warrick, on her first hit record, "Don't Make Me Over", her record company misspelled her name "Warwick" on the label, and she's used it ever since.
- On the advice of her numerologist, she added an "e" to her last name and spelled it that way professionally before reverting back to her original spelling.