Nov. 30th, 1929
Mount Vernon, New York, USA
Dick Clark's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2002 - Bowling for Columbine
2002 - Confessions of a Dangerous Mind
2001 - Spy Kids
1999 - The Suburbans
1994 - Forrest Gump
1968 - Wild in the Streets
1959 - Gidget
Guest TV Roles
- Graduated from Syracuse University in 1951 with a degee in business administration.
- Is a close personal friend of singer 'Connie Francis' (qv). Connie's music label was going to drop her if her last recorded song didn't sell. Thankfully, Dick played it, "Who's Sorry Now", on _"Bandstand" (1952)_ (qv) and it became an instant hit. Dick has stayed by her side even through her personal tragedies and she thanks him in every single one of her shows.
- He was inducted into the Radio Hall of Fame in 1990.
- He produced the late Friday night "In Concert" ABC TV series (1972-73 ) which featured many of the top rock acts of the day including Alice Cooper, Jim Croce and The Allman Brothers.
- On 2/14/02, Dick Clark Productions announced it will be acquired for $140 million by Mosaic Media Group, Inc., Capital Communications CDPQ Inc., and Jules Haimovitz, a senior television executive. Stockholders will receive $14.50 per share in cash. Clark himself will receive $12.50 per share in cash for a portion of his shares. Dick Clark Productions was founded in 1957.
- Actor 'John Davidson (II)' (qv)'s father was the man who performed Dick and Kari's wedding vows.
- Rarely consumes alcoholic beverages, and every December 31, when he and his wife host "Rockin' New Year's Eve", she doesn't drink, either.
- Inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1993.