Nov. 30th, 1929
Mount Vernon, New York, USA
Dick Clark's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2002 - Bowling for Columbine
2002 - Confessions of a Dangerous Mind
2001 - Spy Kids
1999 - The Suburbans
1994 - Forrest Gump
1968 - Wild in the Streets
1959 - Gidget
Guest TV Roles
Lefty Redbone (Voiced)
- Child with first wife Barbara Mallery, Richard, Jr., was born 9 January 1957 in Philadelphia, PA.
- Rarely consumes alcoholic beverages, and every December 31, when he and his wife host "Rockin' New Year's Eve", she doesn't drink, either.
- When _"Bandstand" (1952)_ (qv) was picked up by ABC in 1957, he changed its name to "American Bandstand", ended the show's all-white policy and began introducing black artists. By 1959 it was broadcast by 101 affiliates and reached an audience of 20 million.
- Filed suit in federal court in Los Angeles, alleging that Michael Greene, president and chief executive of the National Academy of Recording Arts & Sciences, maintains a "blacklist" policy that prevents stars - including 'Britney Spears' (qv), 'Michael Jackson (I)' (qv), 'Sean 'P. Diddy' Combs' (qv) and 'Toni Braxton' (qv) - from performing on both Greene's Grammy Awards and Clark's American Music Awards. The suit seeks $10 million in damages. (19 December 2001)
- He was inducted into the Radio Hall of Fame in 1990.
- Began his career in 1945 in the mailroom of WRUN in Utica, New York, working his way up to weatherman and then newsman.
- 2005: For the first time in 32 years, he was not around to see the New Year in with his "Rockin' New Year's Eve" celebration on TV. It was hoped that after he had suffered his mild stroke in early December 2004 that he would recover enough to host the festivities. With Clark still in his hospital bed on New Year's Eve, 'Regis Philbin' (qv) filled in for him.
- Is a close personal friend of singer 'Connie Francis' (qv). Connie's music label was going to drop her if her last recorded song didn't sell. Thankfully, Dick played it, "Who's Sorry Now", on _"Bandstand" (1952)_ (qv) and it became an instant hit. Dick has stayed by her side even through her personal tragedies and she thanks him in every single one of her shows.