82 (passed away Apr. 18th, 2012)
Nov. 30th, 1929
Mount Vernon, New York, USA
Dick Clark's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2012 - Paul Williams Still Alive
2002 - Confessions of a Dangerous Mind
2002 - Bowling for Columbine
2001 - Spy Kids
1999 - The Suburbans
1994 - Forrest Gump
1968 - Wild in the Streets
1959 - Gidget
Guest TV Roles
Dick Clark (Voiced)
Himself - Host
Richard Augustus Wagstaff "Dick" Clark, Jr. (November 30, 1929 – April 18, 2012) was an American radio and television personality, as well as a cultural icon who remains best known for hosting American Bandstand from 1957 to 1987. He also hosted the game show Pyramid and Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve, which transmitted Times Square's New Year's Eve celebrations.
- He and his wife Kari were married on 7/7/77 in a ceremony that started at 7:00 pm. His address in Burbank at that time was PO Box 7777.
- Rarely consumes alcoholic beverages, and every December 31, when he and his wife host "Rockin' New Year's Eve", she doesn't drink, either.
- Child with first wife Barbara Mallery, Richard, Jr., was born 9 January 1957 in Philadelphia, PA.
- Began his career in 1945 in the mailroom of WRUN in Utica, New York, working his way up to weatherman and then newsman.
- Was the co-owner of Film Ventures International Pictures with 'Edward L. Montoro' (qv) for several years.
- 2005: For the first time in 32 years, he was not around to see the New Year in with his "Rockin' New Year's Eve" celebration on TV. It was hoped that after he had suffered his mild stroke in early December 2004 that he would recover enough to host the festivities. With Clark still in his hospital bed on New Year's Eve, 'Regis Philbin' (qv) filled in for him.
- Is a close personal friend of singer 'Connie Francis' (qv). Connie's music label was going to drop her if her last recorded song didn't sell. Thankfully, Dick played it, "Who's Sorry Now", on _"Bandstand" (1952)_ (qv) and it became an instant hit. Dick has stayed by her side even through her personal tragedies and she thanks him in every single one of her shows.
- Graduated from Syracuse University in 1951 with a degee in business administration.