Nov. 30th, 1929
Mount Vernon, New York, USA
Dick Clark's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2002 - Bowling for Columbine
2002 - Confessions of a Dangerous Mind
2001 - Spy Kids
1999 - The Suburbans
1994 - Forrest Gump
1968 - Wild in the Streets
1959 - Gidget
Guest TV Roles
- Rarely consumes alcoholic beverages, and every December 31, when he and his wife host "Rockin' New Year's Eve", she doesn't drink, either.
- On 2/14/02, Dick Clark Productions announced it will be acquired for $140 million by Mosaic Media Group, Inc., Capital Communications CDPQ Inc., and Jules Haimovitz, a senior television executive. Stockholders will receive $14.50 per share in cash. Clark himself will receive $12.50 per share in cash for a portion of his shares. Dick Clark Productions was founded in 1957.
- 2005: For the first time in 32 years, he was not around to see the New Year in with his "Rockin' New Year's Eve" celebration on TV. It was hoped that after he had suffered his mild stroke in early December 2004 that he would recover enough to host the festivities. With Clark still in his hospital bed on New Year's Eve, 'Regis Philbin' (qv) filled in for him.
- Child with first wife Barbara Mallery, Richard, Jr., was born 9 January 1957 in Philadelphia, PA.
- He and his wife Kari were married on 7/7/77 in a ceremony that started at 7:00 pm. His address in Burbank at that time was PO Box 7777.
- Began his career in 1945 in the mailroom of WRUN in Utica, New York, working his way up to weatherman and then newsman.
- Is a close personal friend of singer 'Connie Francis' (qv). Connie's music label was going to drop her if her last recorded song didn't sell. Thankfully, Dick played it, "Who's Sorry Now", on _"Bandstand" (1952)_ (qv) and it became an instant hit. Dick has stayed by her side even through her personal tragedies and she thanks him in every single one of her shows.
- He produced the late Friday night "In Concert" ABC TV series (1972-73 ) which featured many of the top rock acts of the day including Alice Cooper, Jim Croce and The Allman Brothers.