Nov. 29th, 1932
Meridian, Mississippi, USA
Diane Ladd's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2008 - Jake's Corner
2006 - Inland Empire
2006 - Come Early Morning
2005 - The World's Fastest Indian
2001 - Daddy and Them
2000 - 28 Days
1998 - Primary Colors
1996 - Citizen Ruth
1996 - Ghosts of Mississippi
1993 - Carnosaur
1991 - Rambling Rose
1991 - A Kiss Before Dying
1990 - Wild at Heart
1989 - National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
1987 - Black Widow
1983 - Something Wicked This Way Comes
1974 - Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore
1974 - Chinatown
1973 - White Lightning
1970 - The Rebel Rousers
1969 - The Reivers
1966 - The Wild Angels
1962 - 40 Pounds of Trouble
1960 - Murder, Inc.
Guest TV Roles
Annabelle Lee Stowe
- Distant cousin of playwright 'Tennessee Williams' (qv).
- Was a chorus girl at NYC's Copacabana in the 1950s.
- Mother-in-law of musician 'Ben Harper (II)' (qv).
- She has been nominated for the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress three times (Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore; _Wild at Heart (1990)_ (qv); and _Rambling Rose (1991)_ (qv)). All three movies also starred her daughter 'Laura Dern' (qv).
- Appeared in the film _Carnosaur (1993)_ (qv), the same year that her daughter, 'Laura Dern' (qv), appeared in another dinosaur film, _Jurassic Park (1993)_ (qv).
- Played mother to real-life daughter 'Laura Dern' (qv) in 4 movies: _Citizen Ruth (1996)_ (qv), _Daddy and Them (2001)_ (qv), _Wild at Heart (1990)_ (qv) and _White Lightning (1973)_ (qv).
- Her ancestry includes French, Cherokee and English.
- Played the original "Flo" - later made famous by 'Polly Holliday' (qv) in the sitcom _"Alice" (1976)_ (qv) - in the motion picture _Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore (1974)_ (qv) and then played Flo's replacement, Belle, on the sitcom.