Sep. 7th, 1969
Manhattan, New York, USA
Diane Farr's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2008 - The Third Nail
Guest TV Roles
Diane Farr (born September 7, 1969 in New York City, New York) is an American actress. She is known for her role as FBI agent Megan Reeves in the CBS television series Numb3rs.Diane Farr studied drama at New York's Stony Brook University and Loughborough University in England and graduated with a joint B.A. from these two universities. Before her acting career took off, she lived in New York City and waited tables in several Manhattan restaurants including Mumbles, Brother Jimmy's BBQ (as did actress Kim Director) and Downtime.She has also written a book, The Girl Code, which was released in 2001 on Valentine's Day, and written for a number of magazines.Farr was a co-host of the advice program Loveline on MTV, and made guest appearances on The Drew Carey Show, Arli$$ and CSI. She played Maria's mum on The WB's and later UPN's Roswell. She also played Maddie Hudson on The WB's Like Family. Later, she played Detective Jan Fendrich on the ABC series The Job, co-created by and starring Denis Leary. Following the end of that series, she appeared in the cast of Rescue Me (also co-created by and starring Leary), playing a firefighter for one season. She left Rescue Me to star as FBI agent Megan Reeves on the CBS crime drama Numb3rs.
On March 24, 2008, Michael Ausiello reported on his TVGuide.com blog that Farr had opted not to renew her contract and would leave Numb3rs following the fourth season of the show.Farr starred in her final episode on May 18, 2008. Farr then joined the Showtime cable-television series Californication for a 10-episode run in autumn 2009.
In April 2010, Farr had a role as Barbara, a mother whose negative influence led her son Eddie to become a serial killer in a flashback episode of Desperate Housewives. When Barbara discovered Eddie's collection of newspaper articles about the women who were hurt or murdered by him, she was strangled to death by Eddie.
She has guest starred in White Collar as a waitress named Gina De Stefano.
Farr is set to guest-star in season seven of Grey's Anatomy. She will play the role of a patient with Huntington's Disease under the care of Meredith.Raised Catholic, Farr is now an atheist.On June 26, 2006, she married 36-year-old entertainment marketing executive Seung Yong Chung.Their first child, Beckett Mancuso Chung, was born in 2007; they had twin girls, Sawyer Lucia Chung and Coco Trinity Chung in 2008.Farr has a brother, Billy, who is an actor and director living in Los Angeles, California.Her cousin is Suretama Ath, the lead singer of Brazilian funk metal band M1A1.
- She is also a budding author. Her first book, "The Girl Code: The Secret Language of Single Women (On Dating, Sex, Shopping and Honor Among Girlfriends)," was released on Valentine's Day 2001 . She has also written for Jane, Esquire, Glamour, and Self magazines and is a regular monthly contributor to Cosmopolitan, Soma, and Gear.
- She was a model at the age of 12.
- She has been appointed as an Ambassador to the Mineseeker Foundation and the Sole of Africa, a campaign dedicated to detecting and removing landmines in Africa.The Foundation's patrons include Nelson Mandela, Sir Richard Branson, Queen Noor and Brad Pitt.
- After a breakup with her fiancÚ, Diane and a friend, an artist named Laura Bailey, started a greeting-card company called Other Announcements.
- Diane and her husband, Seung Chung, became the parents of a boy, Beckett Mancuso Chung, on March 16, 2007 in Los Angeles. Beckett, named after 'Samuel Beckett' (qv), weighed in at 8 lb. 2 oz. and was 22 inches long.
- During her freshman year in college (at Stony Brook) she was crowned "Miss New York." She was 19 at the time, the youngest woman ever to hold that title.
- Close friends with _"Navy NCIS: Naval Criminal Investigative Service" (2003)_ (qv) star 'Pauley Perrette' (qv).
- Pregnant with twins [April 21, 2008].