Sep. 7th, 1969
Manhattan, New York, USA
Diane Farr's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Diane Farr (born September 7, 1969) is an American actress and writer. She is known for her roles as FBI agent Megan Reeves in the CBS television series Numb3rs and Firefighter Laura Miles on Rescue Me.
Born in New York City, New York. Farr is of Irish and Italian descent. She studied drama at New York's Stony Brook University and Loughborough University in England and graduated with a joint B.A. from these two universities.
Before Farr's acting career took off, she lived in New York City and waited tables in several Manhattan restaurants including Mumbles, Brother Jimmy's BBQ (as did actress Kim Director) and Downtime.
Farr has written a book, The Girl Code, which was released in 2001 on Valentine's Day, and written for a number of magazines. She has also written a book on interracial romance, Kissing Outside the Lines.
Farr was a co-host of the advice program Loveline on MTV, and made guest appearances on The Drew Carey Show, Arli$$ and CSI. She played Maria's mum on The WB's and later UPN's Roswell. She also played Maddie Hudson on The WB's Like Family. Later, she played Detective Jan Fendrich on the ABC series The Job, co-created by and starring Denis Leary. Following the end of that series, she appeared in the cast of Rescue Me (also co-created by and starring Leary), playing a firefighter for one season. She left Rescue Me to star as FBI agent Megan Reeves on the CBS crime drama Numb3rs.
On March 24, 2008, Michael Ausiello reported on his TVGuide.com blog that Farr had opted not to renew her contract and would leave Numb3rs following the fourth season of the show. Farr starred in her final episode on May 18, 2008. Farr then joined the Showtime cable-television series Californication for a 10-episode run in autumn 2009.
In April 2010, Farr had a role as Barbara, a mother whose negative influence led her son Eddie to become a serial killer in a flashback episode of Desperate Housewives. When Barbara discovered Eddie's collection of newspaper articles about the women who were hurt or murdered by him, she was strangled to death by Eddie. She has guest starred in White Collar as a waitress named Gina De Stefano. Farr is set to guest-star in season seven of Grey's Anatomy. She will play the role of a patient with Huntington's Disease under the care of Meredith.
Raised Catholic, Farr is now an atheist. She married 36-year-old entertainment marketing executive Seung Yong Chung (June 26, 2006). Their first child, Beckett Mancuso Chung, (b. 2007); they had twin girls, Sawyer Lucia Chung and Coco Trinity Chung (b. 2008). Farr has a brother, Billy, who is an actor and director living in Los Angeles, California. Her cousin is Suretama Ath, the lead singer of Brazilian funk metal band M1A1.
- Close friends with _"Navy NCIS: Naval Criminal Investigative Service" (2003)_ (qv) star 'Pauley Perrette' (qv).
- Half-Irish and half-Italian.
- She has been appointed as an Ambassador to the Mineseeker Foundation and the Sole of Africa, a campaign dedicated to detecting and removing landmines in Africa.The Foundation's patrons include Nelson Mandela, Sir Richard Branson, Queen Noor and Brad Pitt.
- While deciding on her major at New York's Stony Brook University, she took various theater classes. She then applied for a scholarship to a prestigious drama program at Loughborough University in England. She was accepted and studied classical theater there. She eventually graduated with a joint B.A. from the two universities.
- She is producing _Children of God: Lost and Found (2007)_ (qv), a forthcoming HBO documentary about the Children of God cult (also known as the Family of Love and The Family). It will examine the lives of several children who escaped from the cult and had to be reintroduced into mainstream society without money, education, or family support. Farr will produce and add artistic opinions.
- Once taught acting at a maximum-security prison.
- She was relieved to leave _"Rescue Me" (2004)_ (qv) for _"Numb3rs" (2005)_ (qv) after being away from her native Los Angeles home and for the physical demands of playing a New York City firefighter.
- Pregnant with twins [April 21, 2008].