81 (passed away Feb. 24th, 2006)
Jun. 4th, 1924
Joplin, Missouri, USA
Dennis Weaver's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
William Dennis Weaver was an American actor, best known for his work in television, including his role as Matt Dillon's trusty helper Chester Goode on the long-running western series Gunsmoke.
- Lost a daughter-in-law, Lynne Ann Weaver (who was married to his son, 'Robby Weaver (I)' (qv)), to a July 2003 Santa Monica, California, car accident that killed more than eight people.
- Placed 6th in the 1948 Olympic Trials in the Decathlon. 'Bob Mathias' (qv) placed first; Weaver won the final event, the 1500 meter run.
- Father of actor 'Robby Weaver (I)' (qv), actor/producer/director 'Rick Weaver (I)' (qv) and 'Rusty Weaver' (qv).
- Built an Earthship environmental home in Ridgway, Colorado.
- Member of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences (Actors Branch).
- Served as the president of "Love Is Feeding Everyone" (LIFE), which fed 150,000 needy people a week in Los Angeles County. Also, founded the Institute of Ecolonomics, which sought solutions to economic and environmental problems.
- Died on the same day and at the same age as 'Don Knotts' (qv).
- (1973-1975) President of Screen Actors Guild (SAG).