81 (passed away Feb. 24th, 2006)
Jun. 4th, 1924
Joplin, Missouri, USA
Dennis Weaver's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
William Dennis Weaver was an American actor, best known for his work in television, including his role as Matt Dillon's trusty helper Chester Goode on the long-running western series Gunsmoke.
- Lost a daughter-in-law, Lynne Ann Weaver (who was married to his son, 'Robby Weaver (I)' (qv)), to a July 2003 Santa Monica, California, car accident that killed more than eight people.
- Member of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences (Actors Branch).
- (1973-1975) President of Screen Actors Guild (SAG).
- Built an Earthship environmental home in Ridgway, Colorado.
- Had three grandchildren, Jennifer, Travis and Jess.
- Served as the president of "Love Is Feeding Everyone" (LIFE), which fed 150,000 needy people a week in Los Angeles County. Also, founded the Institute of Ecolonomics, which sought solutions to economic and environmental problems.
- In 1958, he formed a singing trio with 'Milburn Stone' (qv) and 'Amanda Blake (I)' (qv). In 1960, the trio broke the house record for the Albuquerque Arena during the New Mexico State Fair.
- Was a committed environmentalist; Weaver's home near Santa Fe, NM, is constructed almost entirely out of recycled materials.