Jun. 2nd, 1954
San Mateo, California, USA
6' 4 1/2
Dennis Haysbert's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2014 - Men, Women & Children
2014 - Mr. Peabody & Sherman
2014 - Think Like a Man Too
2014 - Sin City: A Dame to Kill For
2007 - Goodbye Bafana
2007 - Breach
2005 - Jarhead
2003 - Sinbad - Legend of the Seven Seas
2002 - Far from Heaven
1999 - The Thirteenth Floor
1999 - The Minus Man
1999 - Random Hearts
1998 - Major League: Back to the Minors
1997 - Absolute Power
1995 - Waiting to Exhale
1995 - Heat
1994 - Major League II
1992 - Mr. Baseball
1990 - Navy Seals
1989 - Major League
1985 - Witness
Guest TV Roles
Chief Barnsdale (Voiced)
Agent #1 (Voiced)
Russ Bradley Morrison
Himself - 'Jersey Shore' Auditioner
Dennis Dexter Haysbert (born June 2, 1954) is an American film and television actor. He is known for portraying Nelson Mandela in Goodbye Bafana (also released under the name The Color of Freedom), baseball player Pedro Cerrano in the Major League film trilogy, President David Palmer on the American television series 24, and Sergeant Major Jonas Blane in The Unit, as well as his work in commercials for Allstate insurance. He is also known for his authoritative, bass voice.
- A car buff, he owns both a Range Rover and a Bentley. (2006).
- He was a defensive end on his high school football team.
- The eighth of nine children.
- Grand marshal of the "Allstate 400 at the Brickyard" auto race at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway on 7 August 2005.
- He is also a certified Deep Sea Diver per Discovery Channel "Secrets of Pearl Harbor" in June 2008 that he hosts, narrates and stars in.
- In the photo caption for his San Mateo, California, high school yearbook. He cited having his face on the cover of Ebony and TV Guide as life goals, both of which he later achieved.
- Attended San Mateo High School in San Mateo, California.
- Enjoys golf, tennis and scuba diving in his spare time.