Jun. 2nd, 1954
San Mateo, California, USA
Dennis Haysbert's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2014 - Dear White People
2014 - Think Like a Man Too
2014 - Men, Women & Children
2007 - Breach
2007 - Goodbye Bafana
2005 - Jarhead
2003 - Sinbad - Legend of the Seven Seas
2002 - Far from Heaven
1999 - The Minus Man
1999 - The Thirteenth Floor
1999 - Random Hearts
1998 - Major League: Back to the Minors
1997 - Absolute Power
1995 - Heat
1995 - Waiting to Exhale
1994 - Major League II
1992 - Mr. Baseball
1990 - Navy Seals
1989 - Major League
Guest TV Roles
Chief Barnsdale (Voiced)
Russ Bradley Morrison
Fred - Lab Assistant
Doctor #1 (Voiced)
Dennis Dexter Haysbert (born June 2, 1954) is an American film and television actor. He is known for portraying Nelson Mandela in Goodbye Bafana (also released under the name The Color of Freedom), baseball player Pedro Cerrano in the Major League film trilogy, President David Palmer on the American television series 24, and Sergeant Major Jonas Blane in The Unit, as well as his work in commercials for Allstate insurance. He is also known for his authoritative, bass voice.
- Graduated from the American Academy of Dramatic Arts (AADA).
- Grand marshal of the "Allstate 400 at the Brickyard" auto race at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway on 7 August 2005.
- Lives in Malibu, California.
- In the photo caption for his San Mateo, California, high school yearbook. He cited having his face on the cover of Ebony and TV Guide as life goals, both of which he later achieved.
- A car buff, he owns both a Range Rover and a Bentley. (2006).
- Attended San Mateo High School in San Mateo, California.
- When he first moved to Los Angeles he worked in a grocery store and took classes at the American Academy of Dramatic Arts. When he wasn't in class or working at the store, Haysbert says, he consumed any self-help book he could get his hands on, including How to Visualize What You Want and The Power of Positive Thinking.
- His parents were married for 51 years before his father's death.