Jun. 2nd, 1954
San Mateo, California, USA
Dennis Haysbert's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Dennis Dexter Haysbert (born June 2, 1954) is an American film and television actor. He is known for portraying Nelson Mandela in Goodbye Bafana (also released under the name The Color of Freedom), baseball player Pedro Cerrano in the Major League film trilogy, President David Palmer on the American television series 24, and Sergeant Major Jonas Blane in The Unit, as well as his work in commercials for Allstate insurance. He is also known for his authoritative, bass voice.
- Graduated from the American Academy of Dramatic Arts (AADA).
- Lives in Malibu, California.
- A car buff, he owns both a Range Rover and a Bentley. (2006).
- The eighth of nine children.
- Attended San Mateo High School in San Mateo, California.
- Grand marshal of the "Allstate 400 at the Brickyard" auto race at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway on 7 August 2005.
- His parents were married for 51 years before his father's death.
- He has two children: Charles & Katharine.