Jun. 2nd, 1954
San Mateo, California, USA
Dennis Haysbert's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Dennis Dexter Haysbert (born June 2, 1954) is an American film and television actor. He is known for portraying Nelson Mandela in Goodbye Bafana (also released under the name The Color of Freedom), baseball player Pedro Cerrano in the Major League film trilogy, President David Palmer on the American television series 24, and Sergeant Major Jonas Blane in The Unit, as well as his work in commercials for Allstate insurance. He is also known for his authoritative, bass voice.
- Enjoys golf, tennis and scuba diving in his spare time.
- Grand marshal of the "Allstate 400 at the Brickyard" auto race at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway on 7 August 2005.
- In the photo caption for his San Mateo, California, high school yearbook. He cited having his face on the cover of Ebony and TV Guide as life goals, both of which he later achieved.
- The eighth of nine children.
- His parents were married for 51 years before his father's death.
- Lives in Malibu, California.
- He was a defensive end on his high school football team.
- Attended San Mateo High School in San Mateo, California.