Feb. 17th, 1971
Downers Grove, Illinois, USA
Denise Richards' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Denise Richards is the elder of 2 daughters born to Irv and Joni Richards. She grew up in the Chicago area, until the family relocated to Oceanside, CA when Richards was 15. She began working as a model, and moved to L.A. after she graduated from high school.
Richards landed parts in both TV and movies, and gave breakthrough performances in Starship Troopers (1997) with 'Casper Van Dien', Wild Things (1998) and The World Is Not Enough (1999), in which she plays a Bond Girl. She also was in Undercover Brother (2002) with 'Eddie Griffin' and appeared in Scary Movie 3 (2003) with her now ex-husband, 'Charlie Sheen'.
- After a court battle against 'Charlie Sheen (I)' (qv), claiming that he had physically and verbally abused and threatened to kill her, she received a restraining order against him.
- Enjoys kickboxing.
- Born to 'Irv Richards' (qv), a telephone engineer, and his wife Joni. Has an older sister, Michelle.
- One of her first acting roles was in an episode of _"Doogie Howser, M.D." (1989)_ (qv), which starred 'Neil Patrick Harris' (qv), in which Richards played a girl being interviewed by Doogie as a potential girlfriend candidate. Several years later, she and Harris co-starred in _Starship Troopers (1997)_ (qv) and again in _Undercover Brother (2002)_ (qv).
- Ranked as #82 in FHM's "100 Sexiest Women in the World 2005" special supplement. (2005)
- Moved from Downer's Grove, Illinois to Oceanside, California when she was 15.
- Engaged to 'Charlie Sheen (I)' (qv) (January 2002).
- Is of Welsh and Croatian heritage.