Feb. 17th, 1971
Downers Grove, Illinois, USA
Denise Richards' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Denise Richards is the elder of 2 daughters born to Irv and Joni Richards. She grew up in the Chicago area, until the family relocated to Oceanside, CA when Richards was 15. She began working as a model, and moved to L.A. after she graduated from high school.
Richards landed parts in both TV and movies, and gave breakthrough performances in Starship Troopers (1997) with 'Casper Van Dien', Wild Things (1998) and The World Is Not Enough (1999), in which she plays a Bond Girl. She also was in Undercover Brother (2002) with 'Eddie Griffin' and appeared in Scary Movie 3 (2003) with her now ex-husband, 'Charlie Sheen'.
- Is of Welsh and Croatian heritage.
- One of her first acting roles was in an episode of _"Doogie Howser, M.D." (1989)_ (qv), which starred 'Neil Patrick Harris' (qv), in which Richards played a girl being interviewed by Doogie as a potential girlfriend candidate. Several years later, she and Harris co-starred in _Starship Troopers (1997)_ (qv) and again in _Undercover Brother (2002)_ (qv).
- Ex-stepmother of 'Charlie Sheen (I)' (qv)'s daughter Cassandra.
- Drives a Mercedes-Benz S55 AMG.
- Enjoys kickboxing.
- Voted the "Worst Bond Girl of All Time" by the readers of British newspaper Daily Mail for her performance in _The World Is Not Enough (1999)_ (qv) (February 2008).
- Was romantically linked to 'Patrick Muldoon (I)' (qv) and 'John Stamos' (qv).
- Has admitted to suffering from emetophobia, or the fear of vomiting.