Nov. 11th, 1962
Roswell, New Mexico, USA
Demi Moore's Main TV Roles[no roles found]
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Demi Moore was born 1962 in Roswell, New Mexico. Her father left her mother, Victoria, before Demi was born. Her stepfather, Danny Guynes, didn't add much stability to her life, either. He frequently changed jobs and made the family move a total of 40 times. The parents kept on drinking, arguing and beating, until Guynes finally committed suicide. Demi quit school at the age of 16 to work as a pin-up-girl. At 18, she married rock musician Freddie Moore (I); the marriage lasted four years. At 19, she became a regular on the TV show "General Hospital" (1963). From the first salaries, she started partying and sniffing cocaine. That lasted more than 3 years, until director Joel Schumacher fired her from the set of St. Elmo's Fire (1985) when she turned up high. She got a withdrawal treatment and returned clean after a week... and stayed clean. With determination and a skill for publicity stunts, like the nude appearance on the cover of Vanity Fair while pregnant, she made her way to fame. Since the huge commercial success of Ghost (1990) and the controversial pictures Indecent Proposal (1993) and Disclosure (1994), she's one of Hollywood's most sought-after and most expensive actresses.
- Auditioned for (and won) the role of Jackie Templeton on _"General Hospital" (1963)_ (qv) after producers put out a casting call for a "'Margot Kidder' (qv)/'Karen Allen (I)' (qv)" type actress (both of whom were top box office stars at the time).
- Was replaced by 'Sandra Bullock' (qv) for the lead in _While You Were Sleeping (1995)_ (qv).
- First job was as a bill collector.
- (24 June 1998) Bruce and Demi announce they are ending their marriage of eleven years. No reasons given.
- Attended (but did not graduate from) Fairfax High School in Los Angeles with actor/producer 'Byron Allen' (qv).
- Was one of the nine original members of the 1980s "brat pack", along with 'Judd Nelson' (qv), 'Mare Winningham' (qv), 'Anthony Michael Hall' (qv), 'Andrew McCarthy (I)' (qv), 'Rob Lowe (I)' (qv), 'Molly Ringwald' (qv), 'Emilio Estevez' (qv) and 'Ally Sheedy' (qv).
- She posed nude while seven months pregnant with daughter 'Scout LaRue Willis' (qv) for a 1991 'Vanity Fair' magazine cover. In August 1992, she again posed nude for 'Vanity Fair', this time wearing body paint that resembled a man's suit.
- Hired 3 cameramen to videotape the birth of her first child.