Nov. 11th, 1962
Roswell, New Mexico, USA
Demi Moore's Main TV Roles[no roles found]
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Demi Moore was born 1962 in Roswell, New Mexico. Her father left her mother, Victoria, before Demi was born. Her stepfather, Danny Guynes, didn't add much stability to her life, either. He frequently changed jobs and made the family move a total of 40 times. The parents kept on drinking, arguing and beating, until Guynes finally committed suicide. Demi quit school at the age of 16 to work as a pin-up-girl. At 18, she married rock musician Freddie Moore (I); the marriage lasted four years. At 19, she became a regular on the TV show "General Hospital" (1963). From the first salaries, she started partying and sniffing cocaine. That lasted more than 3 years, until director Joel Schumacher fired her from the set of St. Elmo's Fire (1985) when she turned up high. She got a withdrawal treatment and returned clean after a week... and stayed clean. With determination and a skill for publicity stunts, like the nude appearance on the cover of Vanity Fair while pregnant, she made her way to fame. Since the huge commercial success of Ghost (1990) and the controversial pictures Indecent Proposal (1993) and Disclosure (1994), she's one of Hollywood's most sought-after and most expensive actresses.
- Mother died from cancer at the age of 54.
- Was once engaged to 'Emilio Estevez' (qv).
- Her wedding with 'Ashton Kutcher' (qv) was attended by about 100 guests. Among them were ex-husband 'Bruce Willis' (qv), their three daughters, Ashton's best friend and co-star from _"That '70s Show" (1998)_ (qv), 'Wilmer Valderrama' (qv), and Demi's close friend 'Lucy Liu' (qv).
- Was spoofed in the video game _Leisure Suit Larry 7: Love for Sail (1996) (VG)_ (qv) as a hypersexual version of herself called "Dewmi (pronounced "Do Me") Moore".
- Stripped on _"Late Show with David Letterman" (1993)_ (qv), allegedly to disprove rumors that she's too fat for her new movie _Striptease (1996)_ (qv).
- Thanked by Blink 182 in the liner notes of their album "Enema of the State".
- Her mother was only 19 when she had her.
- She appeared in 'John Parr (II)' (qv)'s "St. Elmo's Fire (Man In Motion)" music video.