Nov. 11th, 1962
Roswell, New Mexico, USA
Demi Moore's Main TV Roles[no roles found]
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Demi Moore was born 1962 in Roswell, New Mexico. Her father left her mother, Victoria, before Demi was born. Her stepfather, Danny Guynes, didn't add much stability to her life, either. He frequently changed jobs and made the family move a total of 40 times. The parents kept on drinking, arguing and beating, until Guynes finally committed suicide. Demi quit school at the age of 16 to work as a pin-up-girl. At 18, she married rock musician Freddie Moore (I); the marriage lasted four years. At 19, she became a regular on the TV show "General Hospital" (1963). From the first salaries, she started partying and sniffing cocaine. That lasted more than 3 years, until director Joel Schumacher fired her from the set of St. Elmo's Fire (1985) when she turned up high. She got a withdrawal treatment and returned clean after a week... and stayed clean. With determination and a skill for publicity stunts, like the nude appearance on the cover of Vanity Fair while pregnant, she made her way to fame. Since the huge commercial success of Ghost (1990) and the controversial pictures Indecent Proposal (1993) and Disclosure (1994), she's one of Hollywood's most sought-after and most expensive actresses.
- Auditioned for the role of Luisa Contini in _Nine (2009)_ (qv), but 'Marion Cotillard' (qv) was cast in the part instead.
- Continues to receive royalty checks for songs she wrote before becoming an actress.
- Named Demetria after a shampoo that her mother saw in a magazine.
- Attended (but did not graduate from) Fairfax High School in Los Angeles with actor/producer 'Byron Allen' (qv).
- Supporter of Arsenal Football Club, and attends home games whenever she is in London.
- Her mother was only 19 when she had her.
- Along with 'Pia Zadora' (qv), 'Madonna' (qv), 'Pauly Shore' (qv) and 'Sylvester Stallone' (qv), one of the few people who have "won" back to back awards at the Razzies in successive years. She "won" Worst Actress of 1997 for her performances in the films _The Juror (1996)_ (qv) and _Striptease (1996)_ (qv), then again the next year she "won" Worst Actress for her role in _G.I. Jane (1997)_ (qv).
- Was in consideration for the role of Katherine Clifton in _The English Patient (1996)_ (qv) but 'Kristin Scott Thomas' (qv), who went on to receive a Best Actress Oscar nomination for her performance, was cast instead.