Nov. 11th, 1962
Roswell, New Mexico, USA
Demi Moore's Main TV Roles[no roles found]
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Demi Moore was born 1962 in Roswell, New Mexico. Her father left her mother, Victoria, before Demi was born. Her stepfather, Danny Guynes, didn't add much stability to her life, either. He frequently changed jobs and made the family move a total of 40 times. The parents kept on drinking, arguing and beating, until Guynes finally committed suicide. Demi quit school at the age of 16 to work as a pin-up-girl. At 18, she married rock musician Freddie Moore (I); the marriage lasted four years. At 19, she became a regular on the TV show "General Hospital" (1963). From the first salaries, she started partying and sniffing cocaine. That lasted more than 3 years, until director Joel Schumacher fired her from the set of St. Elmo's Fire (1985) when she turned up high. She got a withdrawal treatment and returned clean after a week... and stayed clean. With determination and a skill for publicity stunts, like the nude appearance on the cover of Vanity Fair while pregnant, she made her way to fame. Since the huge commercial success of Ghost (1990) and the controversial pictures Indecent Proposal (1993) and Disclosure (1994), she's one of Hollywood's most sought-after and most expensive actresses.
- Her left eye is green and her right eye is hazel.
- Attended (but did not graduate from) Fairfax High School in Los Angeles with actor/producer 'Byron Allen' (qv).
- Operations on her left eye during childhood caused her to wear a patch.
- Credited along with actor 'Daniel Morton (I)' (qv) for saving a woman's life through Twitter.
- Named Demetria after a shampoo that her mother saw in a magazine.
- Measurements: 33-22-33 (young model 1980), 36C-26-36 (after implants in 1996), (Source: Celebrity Sleuth magazine)
- In order to play a coke addict, Jules, in _St. Elmo's Fire (1985)_ (qv), she had to sign a contract stipulating that she would stop her own alcohol and drug abuse, an agreement that caused her life to turn around.
- Along with 'Pia Zadora' (qv), 'Madonna' (qv), 'Pauly Shore' (qv) and 'Sylvester Stallone' (qv), one of the few people who have "won" back to back awards at the Razzies in successive years. She "won" Worst Actress of 1997 for her performances in the films _The Juror (1996)_ (qv) and _Striptease (1996)_ (qv), then again the next year she "won" Worst Actress for her role in _G.I. Jane (1997)_ (qv).