Nov. 11th, 1962
Roswell, New Mexico, USA
Demi Moore's Main TV Roles[no roles found]
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Demi Moore was born 1962 in Roswell, New Mexico. Her father left her mother, Victoria, before Demi was born. Her stepfather, Danny Guynes, didn't add much stability to her life, either. He frequently changed jobs and made the family move a total of 40 times. The parents kept on drinking, arguing and beating, until Guynes finally committed suicide. Demi quit school at the age of 16 to work as a pin-up-girl. At 18, she married rock musician Freddie Moore (I); the marriage lasted four years. At 19, she became a regular on the TV show "General Hospital" (1963). From the first salaries, she started partying and sniffing cocaine. That lasted more than 3 years, until director Joel Schumacher fired her from the set of St. Elmo's Fire (1985) when she turned up high. She got a withdrawal treatment and returned clean after a week... and stayed clean. With determination and a skill for publicity stunts, like the nude appearance on the cover of Vanity Fair while pregnant, she made her way to fame. Since the huge commercial success of Ghost (1990) and the controversial pictures Indecent Proposal (1993) and Disclosure (1994), she's one of Hollywood's most sought-after and most expensive actresses.
- Is part Cherokee.
- Continues to receive royalty checks for songs she wrote before becoming an actress.
- Though born in New Mexico she spent much of her childhood in Eastern Pennsylvania.
- Has one brother, Morgan.
- Was once engaged to 'Emilio Estevez' (qv).
- Auditioned for the role of Luisa Contini in _Nine (2009)_ (qv), but 'Marion Cotillard' (qv) was cast in the part instead.
- First actress to reach 10 million dollar salary mark.
- She appeared in 'John Parr (II)' (qv)'s "St. Elmo's Fire (Man In Motion)" music video.