Oct. 31st, 1947
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
Deidre Hall's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Deidre Hall has emerged as one of America's most beloved actresses, who delighted her fans in August 1991, when she returned to NBC-tv's number one daytime program "Days of Our Lives" (1965). Hall created the role of 'Dr Marlena Evans' in 1976, a character whose popularity has created a furor and a fan following seldom seen in television. The favorable regard in wich Hall is held has spanned all demographics and regions. She was named Best Television Role Model; won the prestigious America Women in Radio and Television (AWRT) award in 1994; garnered five Best Actress awards from Soap Opera Digest (1982-85,1995), and broke new ground for daytime stars when she guested on shows such as "The Tonight Show", "Night of a Hundred Stars", and"20/20" at the birth of her surrogate son. Recognizing her continuing appeal, in 1990, the Hallmark Co. chose Hall as celebrity spokesperson for a new card line called, "To Kids with Love". The following spring, Deidre became the sole spokesperson for Dexatrim. Deidre's elegant fashion statements have not gone unnoticed in the press. Twice naming her the "Best Dressed Woman", she was also named one of America's ten most beautiful women by TV Guide and Satellite Orbit. Hall has graced the covers of national and regional magazines such as People, Woman, Woman's Own, TV Guide, Woman's World, McCalls, Family Circle, Shape, Los Angeles Magazine, Beverly Hills (213), Orange Coast and First for Women.
- Measurements: 37-23-36 (Source: Celebrity Sleuth magazine)
- Has an identical twin sister, 'Andrea Hall (I)' (qv), who has played her "evil" twin, Samantha, on _"Days of Our Lives" (1965)_ (qv).
- Elected Junior Orange Bowl Queen at age 12!
- Many insiders thought she had her best year ever on "Days Of Our Lives" in 2004 and was considered a lock for a Daytime Emmy nomination. To the surprise of everyone, she was not nominated in what many are calling the biggest oversight by the Emmys in many years.
- Sons: David Atticus Sohmer, born August, 23rd 1992 and Tully Chapin Sohmer, born January, 19th, 1995. The surrogate mother is Robin B.