Jul. 31st, 1966
Mt. Clemens, Michigan, USA
Dean Cain's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2010 - Hole In One
2003 - Out of Time
2001 - Firetrap
2001 - Rat Race
2001 - The Broken Hearts Club: A Romantic Comedy
2000 - Militia
2000 - No Alibi
1997 - Best Men
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Host
Insp. Jack Ellis
NASN Scientist (Voiced)
King Charlemagne (Voiced)
His mother, actress Sharon Thomas (I), married his adoptive father, director Christopher Cain (I); when Dean was three. Though he grew up in Malibu and attended Santa Monica High School, his career plans favored professional football over acting. While at Princeton, he completed a history major, dated Brooke Shields for two years, and set an NCAA record for interceptions in a season. After signing with the Buffalo Bills, a knee injury ended his pro career before it began. Though he had already played a part in his father's The Stone Boy (1984), he went through the usual route of commercials and tv-parts (notably, "Beverly Hills, 90210" (1990) in 1990) before landing his break-through role as Superman/Clark Kent in the series "Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman" (1993).
- Son (with 'Samantha Torres' (qv)) Christopher Dean Cain was born June 11, 2000 at 1:30pm. He weighed 7lbs. 15oz. Named after his grandfather, Christopher Cain.
- Friend of actor 'Girard Swan' (qv).
- Adopted son of director 'Christopher Cain (I)' (qv), brother of 'Roger Cain (III)' (qv) and half-brother of 'Krisinda Cain' (qv).
- Son of actress 'Sharon Thomas (I)' (qv).
- Moved to California at age 3 and grew up in Malibu.
- His birth name, Tanaka, is tattooed in Japanese kanji on his ankle.
- Attended the 2nd annual HatcH audiovisual festival in Bozeman, MT in October 2005. HatcH is a film and arts festival whose mission is to provide mentorship, education, inspiration, and recognition to the next generation of creative innovators. Cain was a guest of honor on the red carpet for his new movie, Lost.
- Member of the Zeta Psi Fraternity of North America