Apr. 18th, 1971
Bathgate, West Lothian, Scotland, UK
Guest TV Roles[none found]
David Tennant is a Scottish actor and voice actor, known for Doctor Who, Broadchurch, Gracepoint, W1A, Jessica Jones, DuckTales, Dragons: Race to the Edge, and Final Space.
- Decided to be an actor at the age of three.
- (2005) Won Best Male Performance, Critics Award for Theatre in Scotland, for his role in "Look Back in Anger" as Jimmy Porter.
- Favorite book is "The Catcher in the Rye" by 'J.D. Salinger' (qv).
- Favorite actress is 'Audrey Hepburn' (qv).
- Says that his favorite Doctor from the original _"Doctor Who" (1963)_ (qv) was 'Peter Davison (I)' (qv), who reprised his role as the Fifth Doctor alongside Tennant in the Children in Need special episode, "Time Crash.".
- Chose his acting surname from 'Neil Tennant' (qv), singer with Pet Shop Boys. This came after reading an interview with Tennant in Smash Hits shortly after learning that he would have to change his professional name in order to join the actors' union, Equity, as there was already a registered member with his real name, David McDonald.
- Best friends with 'Louise Delamere' (qv) (_"No Angels" (2004)_ (qv)). They went to Glasgow's Royal Scottish Academy of Music and Drama together and shared a flat.
- Is the second Scots actor to be cast as the Doctor. The first was 'Sylvester McCoy' (qv), who was cast as the seventh Doctor in the original series. McCoy's time in the TARDIS was from 1987 to 1989.