Apr. 18th, 1971
Bathgate, West Lothian, Scotland, UK
Guest TV Roles[none found]
David Tennant is a Scottish actor and voice actor, known for Doctor Who, Broadchurch, Gracepoint, W1A, Jessica Jones, DuckTales, Dragons: Race to the Edge, and Final Space.
- Is the second Scots actor to be cast as the Doctor. The first was 'Sylvester McCoy' (qv), who was cast as the seventh Doctor in the original series. McCoy's time in the TARDIS was from 1987 to 1989.
- Says that his favorite Doctor from the original _"Doctor Who" (1963)_ (qv) was 'Peter Davison (I)' (qv), who reprised his role as the Fifth Doctor alongside Tennant in the Children in Need special episode, "Time Crash.".
- Is a big fan of film director 'Alfred Hitchcock (I)' (qv).
- Father is Alexander (Sandy), a retired minister; mother Helen died of cancer in July 2007.
- (2000) Nominated for Best Classical Actor Under 30, 'Ian Charleson' (qv) Award for his theater role in "Comedy of Errors" as Antipholus of Syracuse.
- Attended Paisley Grammar.
- David Tennant is a respected classical actor who has performed numerous starring roles for the Royal Shakespeare Company, including Touchstone in "As You Like It," Romeo in "Romeo and Juliet," Antipholus of Syracuse in "The Comedy of Errors," and Captain Jack Absolute in "The Rivals.".
- Graduated from the Royal Scottish Academy of Music and Drama.