Nov. 2nd, 1966
Flushing, New York
David Schwimmer's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2012 - The Iceman
2012 - John Carter
2012 - Madagascar 3 - Europe's Most Wanted
2008 - Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa
2006 - Big Nothing
2005 - Duane Hopwood
2005 - Madagascar
2001 - Hotel
2000 - Picking Up the Pieces
1998 - Kissing a Fool
1998 - Six Days Seven Nights
1998 - Apt Pupil
1996 - The Pallbearer
1994 - Wolf
1993 - Twenty Bucks
1991 - Flight of the Intruder
Guest TV Roles
City Atty. Dana Romney
Josh '4B' Goldstein
Newell L. Miller
David Lawrence Schwimmer is an American actor, director, producer and comedian.
- Along with best friend & fellow actor 'Joey Slotnick' (qv), he helped found the Looking Glass Theater Company, based in Chicago, Illinois.
- Split up from 'Mili Avital' (qv) in November 2001
- He was awarded the 1991 Joseph Jefferson Award Citation for Director of a Play for "The Jungle" at the Lookingglass Theatre Company in Chicago, Illinois.
- He is related to _"So You Think You Can Dance" (2005)_ (qv) contestants 'Benji Schwimmer' (qv), 'Lacey Schwimmer' (qv) & 'Heidi Groskreutz' (qv).
- Was so busy filming _The Pallbearer (1996)_ (qv) that he missed 'Lisa Kudrow' (qv)'s wedding.
- Before _"Friends" (1994)_ (qv) Schwimmer competed against high-school friend 'Jonathan Silverman (I)' (qv) and actor 'Jon Cryer' (qv) for a role in the TV pilot _Couples (1994) (TV)_ (qv). Silverman won the role opposite 'Helen Slater (I)' (qv), but ABC passed on the show. The producers later reconceived the show for singles and sold it to NBC as _"Friends" (1994)_ (qv) in which Schwimmer was the first actor to be cast.
- David once said in an interview, he would like to become a public school teacher after Friends ended.
- He graduated Beverly Hills High School in 1984 and performed in stage productions there under the direction of John Ingle.