Nov. 2nd, 1966
Flushing, New York
David Schwimmer's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2012 - Madagascar 3 - Europe's Most Wanted
2012 - The Iceman
2012 - John Carter
2008 - Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa
2006 - Big Nothing
2005 - Duane Hopwood
2005 - Madagascar
2001 - Hotel
2000 - Picking Up the Pieces
1998 - Kissing a Fool
1998 - Six Days Seven Nights
1998 - Apt Pupil
1996 - The Pallbearer
1994 - Wolf
1993 - Twenty Bucks
1991 - Flight of the Intruder
Guest TV Roles
City Atty. Dana Romney
Josh '4B' Goldstein
Newell L. Miller
David Lawrence Schwimmer is an American actor, director, producer and comedian.
- He was awarded the 1991 Joseph Jefferson Award Citation for Director of a Play for "The Jungle" at the Lookingglass Theatre Company in Chicago, Illinois.
- Was so busy filming _The Pallbearer (1996)_ (qv) that he missed 'Lisa Kudrow' (qv)'s wedding.
- Turned down 'Will Smith (I)' (qv)'s role in _Men in Black (1997)_ (qv).
- Allergic to cats.
- Dated Australian singer/actress 'Natalie Imbruglia' (qv).
- Turned down 'Ben Affleck' (qv)'s role in _Chasing Amy (1997)_ (qv).
- Before _"Friends" (1994)_ (qv) Schwimmer competed against high-school friend 'Jonathan Silverman (I)' (qv) and actor 'Jon Cryer' (qv) for a role in the TV pilot _Couples (1994) (TV)_ (qv). Silverman won the role opposite 'Helen Slater (I)' (qv), but ABC passed on the show. The producers later reconceived the show for singles and sold it to NBC as _"Friends" (1994)_ (qv) in which Schwimmer was the first actor to be cast.
- (April 2000) Called up a London talk show to deny false claims that cast members of _"Friends" (1994)_ (qv) were demanding $1,000,000 each per episode.