Nov. 2nd, 1966
Astoria, New York, USA
David Schwimmer's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2008 - Nothing But the Truth
2008 - Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa
2006 - Big Nothing
2005 - Duane Hopwood
2005 - Madagascar
2001 - Hotel
2000 - Picking Up the Pieces
1998 - Apt Pupil
1998 - Six Days Seven Nights
1998 - Kissing a Fool
1997 - Breast Men
1996 - The Pallbearer
1994 - Wolf
1991 - Flight of the Intruder
1988 - Biloxi Blues
Guest TV Roles
Josh '4B' Goldstein
Newell L. Miller
Born in New York and raised in Los Angeles, Schwimmer was encouraged by a high school instructor to attend a summer program in acting at Northwestern University. Inspired by that experience, he returned to Northwestern where he received a bachelor's degree in speech/theater. In 1988, along with seven other Northwestern graduates, he co-founded Chicago's Lookingglass Theatre Company.
- He was awarded the 1991 Joseph Jefferson Award Citation for Director of a Play for "The Jungle" at the Lookingglass Theatre Company in Chicago, Illinois.
- Allergic to cats.
- Went to the same High School as 'Angelina Jolie' (qv), 'Michael Klesic' (qv), 'Nicolas Cage' (qv), 'Lenny Kravitz' (qv), 'Jonathan Silverman (I)' (qv), 'Gina Gershon' (qv), 'Rhonda Fleming' (qv), 'Jackie Cooper (I)' (qv), 'Rob Reiner' (qv), 'Antonio Sabato Jr.' (qv), 'Pauly Shore' (qv), 'Michael Tolkin' (qv), 'Betty White (I)' (qv), 'Corbin Bernsen' (qv), 'Elizabeth Daily' (qv), 'Albert Brooks (I)' (qv) and 'Crispin Glover' (qv).
- Member of Delta Tau Delta International Fraternity
- Joy Gregory and he were nominated for a 2003 Joseph Jefferson Award for New Adaptation for "Race: How Blacks and Whites Think and Feel About" at the Lookingglass Theatre in Chicago, Illinois.
- Ate only lox and bagels from Cassels Market in Margate, during the filming of _Duane Hopwood (2005)_ (qv).
- Playing Michael in The Wonder Years, he rides a 500cc Triumph Daytona motorcycle. The same motorcycle, also seen in other episodes, is also seen mounted on the back of his character's Volkswagen van.
- Dated Australian singer/actress 'Natalie Imbruglia' (qv).