Sep. 19th, 1933
Glasgow, Scotland, UK
David McCallum's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles1990 - The Haunting of Morella
1980 - The Watcher in the Woods
1969 - Mosquito Squadron
1968 - How To Steal The World
1967 - Three Bites of the Apple
1967 - The Karate Killers
1965 - The Greatest Story Ever Told
1965 - The Spy With My Face
1964 - To Trap A Spy
1963 - The Great Escape
1962 - Freud
1962 - Billy Budd
1958 - A Night to Remember
Guest TV Roles
Dr. Donald Mallard
His father, David McCallum Sr., was first violinist for the London Philharmonic and his mother, Dorothy Dorman, was a cellist, so it is not surprising that he was originally headed for a career in music (oboe), studying briefly at the Royal Academy of Music. He left that, however, for the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art. He made nearly a dozen movies in the United Kingdom before his critically acclaimed work as Lieutenant Wyatt in Billy Budd (1962). He is perhaps best known for his portrayal of the blond U.N.C.L.E. agent Illya Kuryakin in TV's "The Man from U.N.C.L.E." (1964).
- Son, 'Val McCallum' (qv), is a respected guitarist and session musician, recording and performing with artists 'Jonatha Brooke' (qv), 'Vonda Shepard' (qv) and 'Sheryl Crow' (qv).
- Hit #117 on the Billboard Singles Charts in 1966 with "Communication" (Capitol 5571)
- Lives on Long Island, New York
- Has appeared in episodes of three different series with 'Robert Vaughn (I)' (qv): _"The Man from U.N.C.L.E." (1964)_ (qv), _"Please Don't Eat the Daisies" (1965)_ (qv), and _"The A-Team" (1983)_ (qv).
- Of the three original stars of _"The Man from U.N.C.L.E." (1964)_ (qv), he is the only one who never appeared on the spin-off series _"The Girl from U.N.C.L.E." (1966)_ (qv).
- Introduced his first wife, 'Jill Ireland' (qv), to her second husband, 'Charles Bronson' (qv), during the filming of _The Great Escape (1963)_ (qv).
- Was stricken with rheumatic fever as a child.
- He has a daughter Sophie and three surviving sons, 'Paul McCallum (I)' (qv), 'Peter McCallum' (qv) and 'Val McCallum' (qv). He and 'Jill Ireland' (qv) had three children (including an adopted son Jason, who died on 7th November 1985 from an accidental drug overdose) and he had two children with his second wife, Katherine Carpenter.