Sep. 19th, 1933
Glasgow, Scotland, UK
David McCallum's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
His father, 'David McCallum Sr.', was first violinist for the London Philharmonic and his mother, Dorothy Dorman, was a cellist, so it is not surprising that he was originally headed for a career in music (oboe), studying briefly at the Royal Academy of Music. He left that, however, for the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art. He made nearly a dozen movies in the United Kingdom before his critically acclaimed work as Lieutenant Wyatt in Billy Budd (1962). He is perhaps best known for his portrayal of the blond U.N.C.L.E. agent Illya Kuryakin in TV's The Man from U.N.C.L.E. (1964).
- Fan club address: Lynda Mendoza, PO Box 313, Lansing, IL 60438-0313 USA
- Has two grandchildren.
- Lives on Long Island, New York
- Son, 'Val McCallum' (qv), is a respected guitarist and session musician, recording and performing with artists 'Jonatha Brooke' (qv), 'Vonda Shepard' (qv) and 'Sheryl Crow' (qv).
- Along with 'Leonard Nimoy' (qv), 'Cliff Robertson (I)' (qv), 'Barbara Rush' (qv) and 'Peter Breck' (qv), he is one of only five actors to appear in both _"The Outer Limits" (1963)_ (qv) and the revival _"The Outer Limits" (1995)_ (qv).
- Of the three original stars of _"The Man from U.N.C.L.E." (1964)_ (qv), he is the only one who never appeared on the spin-off series _"The Girl from U.N.C.L.E." (1966)_ (qv).
- Was stricken with rheumatic fever as a child.
- He has a daughter Sophie and three surviving sons, 'Paul McCallum (I)' (qv), 'Peter McCallum' (qv) and 'Val McCallum' (qv). He and 'Jill Ireland' (qv) had three children (including an adopted son Jason, who died on 7th November 1985 from an accidental drug overdose) and he had two children with his second wife, Katherine Carpenter.