May. 15th, 1978
Queens, New York City, New York, USA
David Krumholtz's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
David Krumholtz (born May 15, 1978) is an American actor best known for playing Professor Charlie Eppes in the television series Numb3rs. He also appeared as Goldstein in the films Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle and its sequel Harold & Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay, and as Bernard in The Santa Clause and its sequel The Santa Clause 2.
Born in Queens, New York, the son of Judy, a dental assistant, and Michael Krumholtz, a postal worker. He grew up in a "very working-class, almost poor" Jewish family. His mother moved from Hungary to the U.S. in 1956.
He appears in two documentaries on the Knocked Up DVD (one being staged and the other being genuine). "Gummy: The Sixth Roommate" tells the true story of how David dropped out of the film to play the lead part in a Woody Allen movie in Paris that got canceled before production, and Apatow would not write him back into his script. He would have played one of the main character's five roommates (along with other Freaks and Geeks alumni Seth Rogen, Jason Segel and Martin Starr). Friend and fellow Freaks actor Jason Segel appears with him in a short scene in Tenacious D in 'The Pick of Destiny'.
Krumholtz married actress Vanessa Britting, Saturday (May 22, 2010) at The Plaza Hotel in New York City. The couple had been engaged since July 2008. As of 2007, he resides in Los Angeles, California where Numb3rs is produced.
- Was awarded an honorary Associates of Arts degree in Mathematics from Lake Tahoe Community College in 2007 in recognition of his work on the TV show _"Numb3rs" (2005)_ (qv).
- Played Neil in the original pilot for the comedy series _"Suddenly Susan" (1996)_ (qv). After the pilot was shot, the format of the show was changed and the character later became Todd Stites and went to 'David Strickland (I)' (qv).
- Has previously worked with his _"Numb3rs" (2005)_ (qv) co-stars 'Judd Hirsch' (qv) and 'Peter MacNicol' (qv) in his early acting days.
- Father - Michael worked for the US Postal Service; Mother - Judy was a dental assistant; older sister Dawn (born 1972).
- Attended New York University.
- Long term partner of 'Vanessa Britting' (qv).
- Good friend of 'Colin Hanks' (qv), and got him a role on _"Numb3rs" (2005)_ (qv).
- His mother is Hungarian, she left Hungary in 1956.