Apr. 18th, 1968
Redhill, Surrey, England, UK
David Hewlett's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
David Hewlett launched his acting career, starring in student films by Vincenzo Natali. He dropped out of high school in his senior year to pursue careers in acting.
Hewlett appeared in many low-budget horror movies, such as The Darkside. He also guest starred in several television series. In 1996, he landed one of his better-known roles, as Grant Jansky on Traders. In 1997, Hewlett worked again in Cube as Worth the architect, a role that saw the rise of his stardom due to the commercial success of the low budget Canadian film.
Hewlett has said that Doctor Who is what first sparked his love for the genre and that he made science fiction when he was younger in England on his 8 millimeter camera with friends. Hewlett had a four-episode guest role on Stargate SG-1 as the Stargate expert Rodney McKay, which eventually grew into his starring role on Stargate Atlantis. In 2007, Hewlett appeared as a guest star in the first episode of the TV series Sanctuary.
- Brother of 'Kate Hewlett' (qv)
- 2009 - now a US citizen.
- Engaged to 'Jane Loughman' (qv) on December 25, 2006.
- His fiancée, 'Jane Loughman' (qv), had a son named Sebastian Flynn Loughman Hewlett, on October 6th, 2007.
- He is a big fan of _"Doctor Who" (1963)_ (qv). His favourite Doctor was 'Tom Baker (I)' (qv).
- Used to run an Internet media company, Darkyl, with his sister in Toronto.
- Went to high school with director 'Vincenzo Natali' (qv) and has appeared in three of his films. Had worked with 'Andrew Miller (I)' (qv) and suggested him to Natali for _Cube (1997)_ (qv).
- Wed 'Jane Loughman' (qv) on June 21, 2008 in Warwick, England.