May. 20th, 1927
Providence, Rhode Island, USA
David Hedison's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2001 - Megiddo: The Omega Code 2
1989 - Licence to Kill
1984 - Terror in the Aisles
1979 - North Sea Hijack
1973 - Live and Let Die
1970 - Kemek
1965 - The Greatest Story Ever Told
1960 - The Lost World
1958 - The Fly
1957 - The Enemy Below
Guest TV Roles
Lord Roger Langdon
David Hedison was born Albert David Hedison, Jr. in Providence, RI. He decided he wanted to be an actor after seeing Blood and Sand (1941). He started out in the theater as Al Hedison, receiving a Theatre World Award for most promising newcomer after appearing in the play "Much Ado About Nothing". He soon signed on with Twentieth Century-Fox and starred in several movies before going on to TV's "Five Fingers" (1959) and a name change to David Hedison. He then appeared in the popular TV sci-fi series "Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea" (1964). After the show went off the air, Hedison continued acting in many made-for-TV films and guest shots on TV series, including two James Bond films. He also was a series regular on the soap opera "Another World" (1964). More recently, he starred in theatrical productions with veteran actors Juliet Mills and Lois Nettleton. Hedison can currently be seen on the TV soap "The Young and the Restless" (1973).
- Children are: 'Alexandra Hedison' (qv) and Serena Rose Hedison
- His name is one of just five celebrity names actually incorporated into 'The Statler Brothers' (qv)' top ten song "The Movies". The lyricist needed a word that rhymed with 'Thomas Edison' (qv).
- Best remembered by the public for his starring role as Capt. Lee Crane in the TV series _"Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea" (1964)_ (qv).
- He is half Armenian. The most famous Armenian filmmaker is 'Sergei Parajanov' (qv) the best friend of 'Mikhail Vartanov' (qv), also an Armenian. None have Armenian last names.
- Some publications list his birth name as "Ara Heditsian." His Armenian grandfather reportedly changed the family name from Heditsian to Hedison because everyone always mispronounced it as Hedison.
- First actor to portray 007's CIA friend Felix Leiter twice: _Live and Let Die (1973)_ (qv) and _Licence to Kill (1989)_ (qv).
Related sites for this celeb