Jul. 17th, 1952
Baltimore, Maryland, USA
David Hasselhoff's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2014 - Stretch
2007 - Kickin It Old Skool
2006 - Click
2004 - The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie
2004 - A Dirty Shame
2004 - DodgeBall: A True Underdog Story
2002 - The New Guy
1999 - The Big Tease
1996 - Dear God
1988 - Zärtliche Chaoten II
1988 - Starke Zeiten
Guest TV Roles
David Michael Hasselhoff (born July 17, 1952) is an American actor, singer, producer, and businessman. He is best known for his lead roles as Michael Knight in the popular 1980s US series Knight Rider.
Hasselhoff was born in Baltimore, Maryland, the son of Dolores Therese (née Mullinex), a homemaker, and Joseph Vincent "Joe" Hasselhoff, a business executive. His father was of half German and half Anglo-Irish descent, and his mother had English ancestry. His great-great-grandmother, Meta, immigrated with her family to Baltimore from Völkersen, 30 kilometres from Bremen, in 1865.
Hasselhoff spent his pre-teen years in Jacksonville, Florida, and later lived in Atlanta, Georgia, where he attended Marist High School. At Marist High School, he was coined with the nickname "Hooves". He graduated from Lyons Township High School in La Grange, Illinois, in 1970. He was a member of speech team, senior discussion leaders, president of choir, captain of the volleyball team and held roles in several plays (including one lead role as Matt in The Fantasticks). He studied at Bates College and Oakland University and graduated with a degree in theater at the California Institute of the Arts.
The acting bug first hit when David was seven so he took acting, singing and dancing lessons. He was very shy off stage in front of girls because he was tall and thin, but when he was on stage he was in his element. Due to his father's work, his family (he has four sisters) moved around frequently.
He thought his career was going to go in the direction of musicals and Broadway, but, while in California, he became successful on The Young and the Restless (1973) and his fate as an actor was sealed. He had a dream to be a pop star and his dream came true in 1988 when he crossed paths with 'Jack White', the noted German composer and record producer.
Hasselhoff is one of the most recognized faces on television throughout the world, he stared as chief lifeguard, Mitch Buchannon, in the TV series Baywatch (1989) and Baywatch Nights (1995), he continues to sing too.
More recently, Hasselhoff has been involved with talent shows. He was the first celebrity eliminated from the eleventh season of Dancing with the Stars on September 21, 2010. He was also a judge on NBC's America's Got Talent from 2006 to 2009. In 2011, he joined the Britain's Got Talent judging panel, alongside 'Simon Cowell', 'Amanda Holden' and 'Michael McIntyre'. He appeared as himself in the 2004 film The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie and also Piranha 3DD and Hop.
He spends many hours visiting children's hospitals throughout the world. His charity, "Race For Life", works with the terminally ill and handicapped children in America.
Hasselhoff was married to actress Catherine Hickland from March 24, 1984, to March 1, 1989. Their wedding was recreated in the Knight Rider Season 4 episode "The Scent of Roses" which first aired on January 3, 1986.
Hasselhoff married actress 'Pamela Bach' on December 9, 1989. The couple had two daughters, Taylor Ann Hasselhoff born May 5, 1990, who attended the University of Arizona and actress 'Hayley Amber Hasselhoff' born August 28, 1992. On January 13, 2006, Hasselhoff announced he was filing for divorce, citing irreconcilable differences.
- Siblings: Daine (b. 19 May 1950), Joyce (b. 1 July 1954), Jean (b. 7 March 1956), Lisa (b. 5 July 1968)
- His stage credits--both on and off Broadway--include "Grease," "Jesus Christ Superstar" (he was Judas Iscariot), and "The Rocky Horror Show" (he was Dr. Frank N. Furter).
- Is one of the very few actors to play the same regular character on two different series simultaneously. From 1995 and 1997, he played Mitch Buchannon on both _"Baywatch" (1989)_ (qv) and _"Baywatch Nights" (1995)_ (qv). 'Richard Anderson (I)' (qv) and 'Fred Dalton Thompson' (qv) are among the other actors to have done this.
- (March 1995) Helped to rescue a car crash victim.
- Failed out of Marist High School in Atlanta, but transferred to Lyons Township High School in the Chicago suburbs where he successfully graduated. A plaque with his image is on display on the Wall of Fame in the main corridor of the high school.
- In 1989 he was awarded "Most Popular and Best Selling Artist of the Year" in Germany and was invited to perform 'Freedom' on the Berlin Wall New Year's Eve 1989.
- Played Michael Knight on _"Knight Rider" (1982)_ (qv). His ex-wife, 'Catherine Hickland' (qv), is currently married to 'Michael E. Knight' (qv).
- 1970 Graduate of Lyons Township High School in LaGrange, Illinois. He is also listed in the Alumni Hall of Fame.