Aug. 7th, 1960
New York City, New York, USA
David Duchovny's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2007 - Things We Lost in the Fire
2006 - The TV Set
2005 - Trust the Man
2004 - House of D
2002 - Full Frontal
2001 - Zoolander
2001 - Evolution
2000 - Return to Me
1998 - The X-Files: Fight the Future
1997 - Playing God
1993 - Kalifornia
1992 - Chaplin
1992 - Beethoven
1991 - The Rapture
1991 - Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead
1990 - Bad Influence
1988 - Working Girl
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Host
David Duchovny (born August 7, 1960). He earned an undergraduate degree from Princeton University and also earned a graduate degree in English Literature at Yale University. While at Yale, he began commuting to New York to study acting and was soon appearing in off-Broadway plays. In 1987 he abandoned his doctoral studies at Yale to pursue acting full time.
- Was the subject of the song "David Duchovny" by 'Bree Sharp' (qv).
- Dated 'Sheryl Lee' (qv) and actress 'Perrey Reeves' (qv) (June 1994 to 1996).
- Birthday is two days before "X Files" co-star Gillian Anderson. He is eight years her senior.
- Speaks Hebrew.
- Has an allergic reaction to metal which prevents him from wearing his wedding ring at times.
- Was best man at Mitch Pileggi's second wedding.
- Was ABD ("All But Dissertation") when he left Yale, so he never actually received his graduate degree. The title of his uncompleted doctoral thesis was "Magic and Technology in Contemporary Poetry and Prose."
- He and 'Téa Leoni' (qv) announced their separation in October 2008, There are rumors of a reconciliation, but there is no proof that this couple has reconciled.