Aug. 7th, 1960
New York City, New York, USA
David Duchovny's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2014 - Louder Than Words
2007 - Things We Lost in the Fire
2006 - The TV Set
2005 - Trust the Man
2004 - House of D
2002 - Full Frontal
2001 - Zoolander
2001 - Evolution
2000 - Return to Me
1998 - The X-Files: Fight the Future
1997 - Playing God
1993 - Kalifornia
1992 - Chaplin
1992 - Beethoven
1991 - The Rapture
1991 - Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead
1990 - Bad Influence
1988 - Working Girl
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Host
David Duchovny (born August 7, 1960). He earned an undergraduate degree from Princeton University and also earned a graduate degree in English Literature at Yale University. While at Yale, he began commuting to New York to study acting and was soon appearing in off-Broadway plays. In 1987 he abandoned his doctoral studies at Yale to pursue acting full time.
- When he isn't in Vancouver to shoot _"The X Files" (1993)_ (qv), he resides in Malibu, California.
- Played scholarship-level basketball during some of his high school and college career. He had an accident while playing basketball in high school which damaged his right eye.
- Family: His father's name was Amram. From a Russian-Jewish family he was a Brooklyn-born publicist for the American Jewish Commitee, died on 23 August 2003 from heart disease. His mother's name is Margaret. She is of Scottish ancestry. Brother, 'Daniel Ducovny' (qv), sister Laurie, and a stepbrother named Jonathan Sahula. Duchovny means 'spiritual' in Russian.
- (August 2008) Checked himself into a rehabilitation center seeking treatment for sex addiction. Completed rehab on October 7, 2008.
- Is a former vegetarian but does not consume red meat.
- Was ABD ("All But Dissertation") when he left Yale, so he never actually received his graduate degree. The title of his uncompleted doctoral thesis was "Magic and Technology in Contemporary Poetry and Prose."
- Was best man at Mitch Pileggi's second wedding.
- Speaks French and Latin.