Aug. 7th, 1960
New York City, New York, USA
David Duchovny's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2014 - Louder Than Words
2007 - Things We Lost in the Fire
2006 - The TV Set
2005 - Trust the Man
2004 - House of D
2002 - Full Frontal
2001 - Zoolander
2001 - Evolution
2000 - Return to Me
1998 - The X-Files: Fight the Future
1997 - Playing God
1993 - Kalifornia
1992 - Chaplin
1992 - Beethoven
1991 - The Rapture
1991 - Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead
1990 - Bad Influence
1988 - Working Girl
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Host
David Duchovny (born August 7, 1960). He earned an undergraduate degree from Princeton University and also earned a graduate degree in English Literature at Yale University. While at Yale, he began commuting to New York to study acting and was soon appearing in off-Broadway plays. In 1987 he abandoned his doctoral studies at Yale to pursue acting full time.
- He and 'Téa Leoni' (qv) announced their separation in October 2008, There are rumors of a reconciliation, but there is no proof that this couple has reconciled.
- Speaks French and Latin.
- 24 April 1999: Daughter, with 'Téa Leoni' (qv), 'Madelaine West Duchovny' (qv) born. 15 June 2002 son, 7lb. 10-ou. boy, 'Kyd Miller Duchovny' (qv).
- Appeared on the Celebrity edition of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire in 2000. He was the first celebrity in the hot seat. He answered 13 questions correctly giving him $250,000 for his charity. However, he then answered his $500,000 incorrectly resulting in a $218,000 loss and he left with $32,000.
- Friends with actor 'Ron Eldard' (qv).
- Family: His father's name was Amram. From a Russian-Jewish family he was a Brooklyn-born publicist for the American Jewish Commitee, died on 23 August 2003 from heart disease. His mother's name is Margaret. She is of Scottish ancestry. Brother, 'Daniel Ducovny' (qv), sister Laurie, and a stepbrother named Jonathan Sahula. Duchovny means 'spiritual' in Russian.
- Was the subject of the song "David Duchovny" by 'Bree Sharp' (qv).
- Uncle of twin boys Gabriel and Luca (b. May 2004), sons of his sister Laurie and brother-in-law Michael Birnbaum.