May. 16th, 1969
Buffalo, New York, USA
David Boreanaz's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
David Boreanaz (Italian: boɾeˈaːnad͡z; born May 16, 1969) is an American actor, television producer, and director, known for his role as the vampire Angel on the supernatural drama series Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel, and as FBI Special Agent Seeley Booth on the television crime drama Bones.
Born in Buffalo, New York, where his father, Dave Roberts (né Boreanaz), was working as a weather forecaster and children's show host as Dave Thomas, for ABC affiliate WKBW-TV, and his mother, Patti Boreanaz, was a travel agent. He has two older sisters, Bo and Beth. He is of Italian descent on his father's side (the surname Boreanaz is of Northern Italian origin). His mother is of half Slovak and part Irish, German, French, and Swiss descent.
When Boreanaz was nine years old, the family moved to the Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, area after his father took a job at WPVI-TV, the ABC affiliate in Philadelphia. Boreanaz was raised Catholic and attended Rosemont School of the Holy Child at Rosemont, Pennsylvania and then high school at Malvern Preparatory School in Malvern, Pennsylvania. He graduated from Ithaca College in Ithaca, New York in 1991 with a degree in cinema and photography. While in high school he was a keen athlete and played on the school football team.
Boreanaz at the young age of seven decide to be an actor. After graduating from college, he moved to Los Angeles in order to pursue a career in the movies. After some uncredited roles he received his first important role as Kelly's boyfriend in the series Married with Children (1987). After three seasons of playing Angel in the hit series Buffy the Vampire Slayer (1997), he received his own spin-off show titled Angel (1999).
In 2004, Boreanaz underwent reconstructive surgery on the anterior cruciate ligament of his left knee, a result of a running injury he suffered in high school that was not fully corrected at that time. His recovery did not prevent Angel production from continuing, but did limit his mobility and physical activities in several episodes, including his directorial debut, "Soul Purpose".
Boreanaz was married to Ingrid Quinn from 1997 to 1999. He wed actress 'Jaime Bergman' (November 24, 2001). They have a son, Jaden Rayne Boreanaz (born May 1, 2002) and a daughter, Bella Vita Bardot Boreanaz (born August 31, 2009).
In 2010, Boreanaz, admitted to having an extramarital affair with Rachel Uchitel, one of the same women 'Tiger Woods' was alleged to have cheated on his wife with. Shortly after Boreanaz's admission of the affair, text messages emerged on the Internet showing that indeed the affair was sexual in nature. At the time of Boreanaz's affair Jaime Bergman, his wife, was pregnant.
- His mother is Slovakian, his father is an Italian Catholic.
- (1 May 2002) His wife, 'Jaime Bergman' (qv), gave birth to their first child, a son, Jaden Rayne.
- Was bullied as a child; later became a strapping offensive end and a defensive back for his Catholic high school's football team, the Malvern Prep Friars.
- (July 2000) He is suing the driver of a car, Oren Kaniel, that crashed into his 1999 Mercedes-Benz on the Ventura Freeway in Los Angeles, north of Western Avenue, on Aug. 3 1999. He is seeking damages for pain and suffering, medical care, loss of earnings, repairs to his car, being deprived of his car while it was fixed, and damage to his personal property.
- Before he pursued a career in acting, he had the opportunity to train with Jack Lambert of the Pittsburgh Steelers.
- He was supposed to marry 'Jaime Bergman' (qv) in September 2001, but, because of terrorists attacks on September 11, the wedding was postponed.
- Was discovered while walking his dog.
- According to his friends and family, while they both share a passion for justice, a selfless desire to help others, and a strong sense of right and wrong, they say the friendly, humorous David is very little like his most famous character, the dark, brooding Angel.