May. 16th, 1969
Buffalo, New York, USA
David Boreanaz's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2005 - The Crow: Wicked Prayer
2005 - The Hard Easy
2005 - These Girls
2001 - Valentine
1993 - Aspen Extreme
1993 - Best of the Best 2
Guest TV Roles
David Boreanaz (Voiced)
Himself - Guest
David Boreanaz (Italian: boɾeˈaːnad͡z; born May 16, 1969) is an American actor, television producer, and director, known for his role as the vampire Angel on the supernatural drama series Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel, and as FBI Special Agent Seeley Booth on the television crime drama Bones.
Born in Buffalo, New York, where his father, Dave Roberts (né Boreanaz), was working as a weather forecaster and children's show host as Dave Thomas, for ABC affiliate WKBW-TV, and his mother, Patti Boreanaz, was a travel agent. He has two older sisters, Bo and Beth. He is of Italian descent on his father's side (the surname Boreanaz is of Northern Italian origin). His mother is of half Slovak and part Irish, German, French, and Swiss descent.
When Boreanaz was nine years old, the family moved to the Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, area after his father took a job at WPVI-TV, the ABC affiliate in Philadelphia. Boreanaz was raised Catholic and attended Rosemont School of the Holy Child at Rosemont, Pennsylvania and then high school at Malvern Preparatory School in Malvern, Pennsylvania. He graduated from Ithaca College in Ithaca, New York in 1991 with a degree in cinema and photography. While in high school he was a keen athlete and played on the school football team.
Boreanaz at the young age of seven decide to be an actor. After graduating from college, he moved to Los Angeles in order to pursue a career in the movies. After some uncredited roles he received his first important role as Kelly's boyfriend in the series Married with Children (1987). After three seasons of playing Angel in the hit series Buffy the Vampire Slayer (1997), he received his own spin-off show titled Angel (1999).
In 2004, Boreanaz underwent reconstructive surgery on the anterior cruciate ligament of his left knee, a result of a running injury he suffered in high school that was not fully corrected at that time. His recovery did not prevent Angel production from continuing, but did limit his mobility and physical activities in several episodes, including his directorial debut, "Soul Purpose".
Boreanaz was married to Ingrid Quinn from 1997 to 1999. He wed actress 'Jaime Bergman' (November 24, 2001). They have a son, Jaden Rayne Boreanaz (born May 1, 2002) and a daughter, Bella Vita Bardot Boreanaz (born August 31, 2009).
In 2010, Boreanaz, admitted to having an extramarital affair with Rachel Uchitel, one of the same women 'Tiger Woods' was alleged to have cheated on his wife with. Shortly after Boreanaz's admission of the affair, text messages emerged on the Internet showing that indeed the affair was sexual in nature. At the time of Boreanaz's affair Jaime Bergman, his wife, was pregnant.
- (5 November 1998) Sued by ex-landlord for allegedly trashing a house; denies the charge.
- Ironically, played a vampire's victim in the movie _Macabre Pair of Shorts (1996)_ (qv).
- His favorite sports are golf, basketball and football.
- Announced that the baby he and his wife are expecting in September 2009 is a girl [July 27, 2009].
- Is one of 'Christian Kane' (qv)'s best friends. They have been friends since before David became Angel on _"Buffy the Vampire Slayer" (1997)_ (qv).
- His favorite actress is 'Gwyneth Paltrow' (qv) and his favorite actors are 'Al Pacino' (qv) and 'Gary Oldman' (qv).
- His uncle and godfather is 'Art Moore (I)' (qv). Art is also the godfather of his son, Jaden Rayne.
- (August 2001) Announced engagement to 'Jaime Bergman' (qv).