Jan. 17th, 1982
Long Island, New York
6' (1.83 m
David Blue's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2013 - Divorce Invitation
2007 - The Comebacks
Guest TV Roles
Cliff St. Paul
Dr. Chip Walters
Himself - Audience
David Blue was born on Long Island, New York, to his parents [Eileen and Richard Blue] who had met during Junior High School. The youngest of three boys, David was the comedian of the family and usually ended up in the hospital after injuring himself vying for attention. His performing career began when his family moved to Clearwater, Florida. A slew of theatre credits soon followed, though his first starring role was in Darren Lynn Bousman [Saw II (2005)/Saw III (2006) writer/director]'s fresh-out-of-film-school movie: "Winter Follies." He graduated from the conservatory at the University of Central Florida with a Bachelor of Fine Arts in both Acting and Musical Theatre Performance. A trained singer, dancer and actor, David found himself performing throughout the country, including at the prestigious Actor's Theatre of Louisville. Upon realizing that compared to his theatre resume, his TV/Film credits were seriously lacking, David made the adventurous decision to pack up and move to Los Angeles to see what could come next. After years of commercials, industrials and modeling jobs, David began working in television and film.
He has become a member of the unofficial "Next Wave of Hollywood": Jeff Lam (I), Bo Barrett, Adam Scarimbolo, Scott L. Schwartz, Michael Bower (I), Bill Parks (III), Rob Poswall and Gil Menchaca ...all of whom have remained close friends.
In 2008, David was submitted for a possible Emmy Nomination for his work on ABC's "Ugly Betty" (2006).
- Was submitted for a possible 2008 Emmy Nomination by ABC for his work on _"Ugly Betty" (2006)_ (qv). The episode they considered was "A League of Their Own," which was the first appearance of his character Cliff St. Paul.
- Was the owner/operator of an internationally well-known BBS (Bulletin Board System) at the age of 17.
- Had to turn down a role in 'Anna Faris' (qv)' _The House Bunny (2008)_ (qv) because the shooting schedule conflicted with that of his first episode of _"Ugly Betty" (2006)_ (qv).
- Lived across the hall from 'Arielle Kebbel' (qv) in a Hollywood apartment complex from 2004-2005.
- Considered for the role of Leonard in _"The Big Bang Theory" (2007)_ (qv) , though the role eventually went to 'Johnny Galecki' (qv).
- Holds a Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree (BFA) in Acting and Musical Theatre.
- Has taught himself piano and guitar.
- His father was the babysitter for 'Neal Marlens' (qv) (the creator/executive producer of _"Growing Pains" (1985)_ (qv) and _"Ellen" (1994)_ (qv)).