Jan. 17th, 1982
Long Island, New York
6' (1.83 m
David Blue's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2007 - The Comebacks
Guest TV Roles
Cliff St. Paul
Dr. Chip Walters
David Blue was born on Long Island, New York, to his parents [Eileen and Richard Blue] who had met during Junior High School. The youngest of three boys, David was the comedian of the family and usually ended up in the hospital after injuring himself vying for attention. His performing career began when his family moved to Clearwater, Florida. A slew of theatre credits soon followed, though his first starring role was in Darren Lynn Bousman [Saw II (2005)/Saw III (2006) writer/director]'s fresh-out-of-film-school movie: "Winter Follies." He graduated from the conservatory at the University of Central Florida with a Bachelor of Fine Arts in both Acting and Musical Theatre Performance. A trained singer, dancer and actor, David found himself performing throughout the country, including at the prestigious Actor's Theatre of Louisville. Upon realizing that compared to his theatre resume, his TV/Film credits were seriously lacking, David made the adventurous decision to pack up and move to Los Angeles to see what could come next. After years of commercials, industrials and modeling jobs, David began working in television and film.
He has become a member of the unofficial "Next Wave of Hollywood": Jeff Lam (I), Bo Barrett, Adam Scarimbolo, Scott L. Schwartz, Michael Bower (I), Bill Parks (III), Rob Poswall and Gil Menchaca ...all of whom have remained close friends.
In 2008, David was submitted for a possible Emmy Nomination for his work on ABC's "Ugly Betty" (2006).
- Was awarded a scholarship to the prestigious British Academy of Dramatic Arts.
- Has studied with 'Lesly Kahn' (qv), 'Stan Kirsch' (qv), 'Eddie Shin' (qv) and 'John Rosenfeld' (qv).
- His first starring role was in a movie entitled "Winter Follies," which was the fresh-out-of-film school project of _Saw II (2005)_ (qv)/_Saw III (2006)_ (qv) director 'Darren Lynn Bousman' (qv).
- Holds a Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree (BFA) in Acting and Musical Theatre.
- Has been trained in Tap, Jazz, Hip-Hop and Ballet.
- His father was the babysitter for 'Neal Marlens' (qv) (the creator/executive producer of _"Growing Pains" (1985)_ (qv) and _"Ellen" (1994)_ (qv)).
- Member of the International Thespian Society (a group supporting theatre for high school students internationally).
- He was one of the top choices to play the role of "Chewie" in 'Michael Bay' (qv)'s _Friday the 13th (2009)_ (qv) right up until filming began. But, at the last minute, Bay decided to offer the role to 'Aaron Yoo' (qv).