Jan. 17th, 1982
Long Island, New York
6' (1.83 m
David Blue's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2013 - Divorce Invitation
2007 - The Comebacks
Guest TV Roles
Cliff St. Paul
Dr. Chip Walters
Himself - Audience
David Blue was born on Long Island, New York, to his parents [Eileen and Richard Blue] who had met during Junior High School. The youngest of three boys, David was the comedian of the family and usually ended up in the hospital after injuring himself vying for attention. His performing career began when his family moved to Clearwater, Florida. A slew of theatre credits soon followed, though his first starring role was in Darren Lynn Bousman [Saw II (2005)/Saw III (2006) writer/director]'s fresh-out-of-film-school movie: "Winter Follies." He graduated from the conservatory at the University of Central Florida with a Bachelor of Fine Arts in both Acting and Musical Theatre Performance. A trained singer, dancer and actor, David found himself performing throughout the country, including at the prestigious Actor's Theatre of Louisville. Upon realizing that compared to his theatre resume, his TV/Film credits were seriously lacking, David made the adventurous decision to pack up and move to Los Angeles to see what could come next. After years of commercials, industrials and modeling jobs, David began working in television and film.
He has become a member of the unofficial "Next Wave of Hollywood": Jeff Lam (I), Bo Barrett, Adam Scarimbolo, Scott L. Schwartz, Michael Bower (I), Bill Parks (III), Rob Poswall and Gil Menchaca ...all of whom have remained close friends.
In 2008, David was submitted for a possible Emmy Nomination for his work on ABC's "Ugly Betty" (2006).
- Had to turn down a role in 'Anna Faris' (qv)' _The House Bunny (2008)_ (qv) because the shooting schedule conflicted with that of his first episode of _"Ugly Betty" (2006)_ (qv).
- Considered for the role of Leonard in _"The Big Bang Theory" (2007)_ (qv) , though the role eventually went to 'Johnny Galecki' (qv).
- Has been trained in Tap, Jazz, Hip-Hop and Ballet.
- He was one of the top choices to play the role of "Chewie" in 'Michael Bay' (qv)'s _Friday the 13th (2009)_ (qv) right up until filming began. But, at the last minute, Bay decided to offer the role to 'Aaron Yoo' (qv).
- Was the owner/operator of an internationally well-known BBS (Bulletin Board System) at the age of 17.
- Has taught himself piano and guitar.
- Has been acting since the 2nd grade, when he was proudly running around in circles on the stage playing a rat in his elementary school's production of The Nutcracker.
- Was awarded a scholarship to the prestigious British Academy of Dramatic Arts.