Sep. 8th, 1971
Winchester, Virginia, USA
David Arquette's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
The youngest of five, David Arquette was born in Virginia and is part of the illustrious Arquette family whose work has spread over many generations. Like siblings Rosanna Arquette, Patricia Arquette, Richmond Arquette and Alexis Arquette, David started working at an early age and his first major role came as Luke Perry (I)'s best friend in the hit film Buffy the Vampire Slayer (1992) But his major break both personally and professionally didn't come until 1996 when he was cast in the slasher flick Scream (1996/I) starring opposite close friend Drew Barrymore (I), Neve Campbell and more importantly "Friends" (1994), with Courteney Cox who he married in San Fransisco in the summer of 1999. Scream (1996/I) earned worldwide success and acclaim as did Arquette for his role as lovable simple cop "Dewey". His role proved to be so popular that in the original script his character was meant to die, but due to test audiences response to Dewey the script was changed and he returned for both Scream 2 (1997) and Scream 3 (2000). Usually known for his goofiness in more mainstream roles, his greatest preformances and reviews have come for his indie films such as Johns (1996), Dream with the Fishes (1997) and The Grey Zone (2001). David and wife Courteney Cox reside in LA and produce their own DIY show "Mix It Up" (2003) because of their love for home improvement.
- 13 June 2004: birth of his daughter, named Coco Riley Arquette.
- Brother-in-law of 'Thomas Jane' (qv).
- He was among two people to be a non wrestler and hold the WCW World Title, the other was 'Vince Russo' (qv), a booker. Another non wrestler who held another title was 'Eric Bischoff' (qv), as WCW Hardcore Champion. The company was sold within a year of all of this.
- Owns the former booking chair from the West Hollywood Police Department which was sat in by a number of different stars when they were arrested, among them 'Hugh Grant (I)' (qv). David has mentioned this to Hugh, and publicly offered to give the chair to him on _"Late Night with Conan O'Brien" (1993)_ (qv) in October of 2003.
- In 1990, he managed to appear in two unsuccessful television series based on popular movies: _Parenthood (1989)_ (qv) (in which he played the role originally played by 'Keanu Reeves' (qv)), and _The Outsiders (1983)_ (qv) (in which he played the role originally played by 'Emilio Estevez' (qv)).
- He is in a rock band called EAR2000.
- Brother of 'Richmond Arquette' (qv), 'Alexis Arquette' (qv), 'Patricia Arquette' (qv) and 'Rosanna Arquette' (qv).
- His wedding to 'Courteney Cox' (qv) was held at San Francisco's Grace Cathedral.