Sep. 8th, 1971
Winchester, Virginia, USA
David Arquette's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
The youngest of five, David Arquette was born in Virginia and is part of the illustrious Arquette family whose work has spread over many generations. Like siblings Rosanna Arquette, Patricia Arquette, Richmond Arquette and Alexis Arquette, David started working at an early age and his first major role came as Luke Perry (I)'s best friend in the hit film Buffy the Vampire Slayer (1992) But his major break both personally and professionally didn't come until 1996 when he was cast in the slasher flick Scream (1996/I) starring opposite close friend Drew Barrymore (I), Neve Campbell and more importantly "Friends" (1994), with Courteney Cox who he married in San Fransisco in the summer of 1999. Scream (1996/I) earned worldwide success and acclaim as did Arquette for his role as lovable simple cop "Dewey". His role proved to be so popular that in the original script his character was meant to die, but due to test audiences response to Dewey the script was changed and he returned for both Scream 2 (1997) and Scream 3 (2000). Usually known for his goofiness in more mainstream roles, his greatest preformances and reviews have come for his indie films such as Johns (1996), Dream with the Fishes (1997) and The Grey Zone (2001). David and wife Courteney Cox reside in LA and produce their own DIY show "Mix It Up" (2003) because of their love for home improvement.
- (1995) Dated 'Ellen Barkin' (qv).
- He is the 1-800-CALL-ATT Guy.
- Is a descendant of explorer Meriweather Lewis.
- He and 'Robert Duvall' (qv), who preceded him in the role of Augustus McCrae, have also both shared a role with a member of the Sheen family. Duvall played Robert E. Lee in _Gods and Generals (2003)_ (qv), a role previously played by 'Martin Sheen' (qv) in _Gettysburg (1993)_ (qv). Arquette played Two-Bit Matthews in the television series _The Outsiders (1983)_ (qv), a role previously played by 'Emilio Estevez' (qv).
- Was succeeded in the role of Augustus McCrae in the "Lonesome Dove" film series by 'Steve Zahn' (qv). He and Zahn have both appeared on episodes of _"Friends" (1994)_ (qv).
- 'Jennifer Aniston' (qv) is the godmother of his daughter Coco. She co-starred with his wife, 'Courteney Cox' (qv), on _"Friends" (1994)_ (qv).
- Is of French and Jewish descent.
- On _"WCW Thunder" (1998)_ (qv) on 4/27/00, he became the WCW Heavyweight Champion in a special tag match, pitting him and his partner Diamond 'Dallas Page' (qv) against 'Jeff Jarrett (I)' (qv) and 'Eric Bischoff' (qv). The stipulation was that whoever got the pin would become champ, and after his involvement in previous matches, Arquette was able to pin Bischoff and win the title.