Sep. 8th, 1971
Winchester, Virginia, USA
David Arquette's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
The youngest of five, David Arquette was born in Virginia and is part of the illustrious Arquette family whose work has spread over many generations. Like siblings Rosanna Arquette, Patricia Arquette, Richmond Arquette and Alexis Arquette, David started working at an early age and his first major role came as Luke Perry (I)'s best friend in the hit film Buffy the Vampire Slayer (1992) But his major break both personally and professionally didn't come until 1996 when he was cast in the slasher flick Scream (1996/I) starring opposite close friend Drew Barrymore (I), Neve Campbell and more importantly "Friends" (1994), with Courteney Cox who he married in San Fransisco in the summer of 1999. Scream (1996/I) earned worldwide success and acclaim as did Arquette for his role as lovable simple cop "Dewey". His role proved to be so popular that in the original script his character was meant to die, but due to test audiences response to Dewey the script was changed and he returned for both Scream 2 (1997) and Scream 3 (2000). Usually known for his goofiness in more mainstream roles, his greatest preformances and reviews have come for his indie films such as Johns (1996), Dream with the Fishes (1997) and The Grey Zone (2001). David and wife Courteney Cox reside in LA and produce their own DIY show "Mix It Up" (2003) because of their love for home improvement.
- In 1990, he managed to appear in two unsuccessful television series based on popular movies: _Parenthood (1989)_ (qv) (in which he played the role originally played by 'Keanu Reeves' (qv)), and _The Outsiders (1983)_ (qv) (in which he played the role originally played by 'Emilio Estevez' (qv)).
- Since radio host 'Howard Stern (I)' (qv) continually referred to his wife as "Courteney Cock" in a 2000 interview, Arquette responded by calling the King of All Media "Howard Sperm".
- Born on the same day as model 'Brooke Burke' (qv).
- He is in a rock band called EAR2000.
- Was succeeded in the role of Augustus McCrae in the "Lonesome Dove" film series by 'Steve Zahn' (qv). He and Zahn have both appeared on episodes of _"Friends" (1994)_ (qv).
- 13 June 2004: birth of his daughter, named Coco Riley Arquette.
- His wedding to 'Courteney Cox' (qv) was held at San Francisco's Grace Cathedral.
- Formerly brother-in-law of 'Nicolas Cage' (qv), who was married to his sister, 'Patricia Arquette' (qv).