Sep. 8th, 1971
Winchester, Virginia, USA
David Arquette's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
The youngest of five, David Arquette was born in Virginia and is part of the illustrious Arquette family whose work has spread over many generations. Like siblings Rosanna Arquette, Patricia Arquette, Richmond Arquette and Alexis Arquette, David started working at an early age and his first major role came as Luke Perry (I)'s best friend in the hit film Buffy the Vampire Slayer (1992) But his major break both personally and professionally didn't come until 1996 when he was cast in the slasher flick Scream (1996/I) starring opposite close friend Drew Barrymore (I), Neve Campbell and more importantly "Friends" (1994), with Courteney Cox who he married in San Fransisco in the summer of 1999. Scream (1996/I) earned worldwide success and acclaim as did Arquette for his role as lovable simple cop "Dewey". His role proved to be so popular that in the original script his character was meant to die, but due to test audiences response to Dewey the script was changed and he returned for both Scream 2 (1997) and Scream 3 (2000). Usually known for his goofiness in more mainstream roles, his greatest preformances and reviews have come for his indie films such as Johns (1996), Dream with the Fishes (1997) and The Grey Zone (2001). David and wife Courteney Cox reside in LA and produce their own DIY show "Mix It Up" (2003) because of their love for home improvement.
- Is the voice of Eddie Wachowski, a character in the EA Sports Big game _SSX Tricky (2001) (VG)_ (qv) (for Playstation2, Nintendo Gamecube, Xbox).
- Was succeeded in the role of Augustus McCrae in the "Lonesome Dove" film series by 'Steve Zahn' (qv). He and Zahn have both appeared on episodes of _"Friends" (1994)_ (qv).
- He is in a rock band called EAR2000.
- He, 'Neve Campbell' (qv), 'Courteney Cox' (qv) and 'Liev Schreiber' (qv) are the only four actors to appear in all three "Scream" films. Although 'Jamie Kennedy (I)' (qv) also appeared in all three films, his character only appeared on a videotape in the third movie.
- Son of 'Lewis Arquette' (qv) and 'Brenda Denaut' (qv).
- Attended Mid-City Alternative school on the corner of Adams Blvd. and Arlington Avenue in the mid 1970s. His sister, 'Patricia Arquette' (qv), and brother, 'Richmond Arquette' (qv), also attended this school.
- 13 June 2004: birth of his daughter, named Coco Riley Arquette.
- Brother of 'Richmond Arquette' (qv), 'Alexis Arquette' (qv), 'Patricia Arquette' (qv) and 'Rosanna Arquette' (qv).