Jan. 9th, 1967
Johannesburg, South Africa
Dave Matthews' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
- Dave's father, John, a non-smoker, died when Dave was 10 years old, of lung cancer.
- Daughter Grace Ann, born 15 August 2001.
- On June 19 2007, son, August Oliver Matthews, was born at home.
- Has appeared on VH1 Storytellers with guitarist/friend Tim Reynolds.
- (15 August 2001) His wife gave birth to twin girls, Grace Anne and Stella Busina, in Seattle.
- Proposed to the same woman (Julia Grey) three different times, each time being told "no"
- In 1993, Dave's eldest sister, Anne, died in a domestic tragedy, at her home in South Africa. The DMB album 'Under the Table and Dreaming' is dedicated to her. Anne is survived by her two children.
- He broke two ribs in 1999 after failed grape-catching trick in which he tripped over a guitar case and landed on the arm of a chair.