Jan. 4th, 1963
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Dave Foley's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Dave Foley dropped out of an alternative high school to do stand-up comedy. He met Kevin McDonald (I) at an improv class and, while employed as movie ushers, they began working as a comedy team. In 1984 they merged with another team to form "The Kids in the Hall". Foley made his film debut at 22 as the lead in the Canadian film High Stakes (1986).
- Much of his character on _"NewsRadio" (1995)_ (qv) was based on Foley's own personality. Most notably, his coffee addiction (He reportedly has several pots a day) and his love of the sitcom _"Green Acres" (1965)_ (qv).
- Wife Crissy gave birth to daughter Alina Chiara Foley on April 16th, 2003.
- Son Basil Patrick Southey born 1995.
- Met his first wife,Tabitha, in a bar when she was 17 and he was 20. Tabitha was on a date with one of Dave's friends at the time. She and Dave started arguing about whether the lead singer of Psychadelic Furs was a good singer.
- Is the youngest member of the _"The Kids in the Hall" (1988)_ (qv) troupe.
- Introduction to comedy came when he wrote stand-up comedy material for a creative writing class.
- Has been best friends with 'Kevin McDonald (I)' (qv), 'Mark McKinney (I)' (qv) , 'Bruce McCulloch' (qv), and 'Scott Thompson (I)' (qv) since he was 19 years old.
- Both his sons with former wife Southey have their mother's surname.