Aug. 24th, 1973
Washington, District of Columbia, USA
Dave Chappelle's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
- Is very good friends with fellow comedian 'Mario Cantone' (qv), who appears in the "Ask A Gay Dude" segment on Chappelle's Show.
- His mother has been a professor at Howard University, Wilberforce University, Central State University and University of Maryland. She is also a Unitarian Universalist minister.
- Sits in with 'Howard Stern (I)' (qv) when in New York. Chappelle is one of Stern's favorite comedians.
- Due to the popularity of his show, Comedy Central's parent company Viacom cut a $50 million deal with him that will continue the production of _"Chappelle's Show" (2003)_ (qv) for two more years and will allow him to do side projects.
- (2004) Is currently in the beginning of talks about a movie involving his family and historical events they are fictionally involved in.
- #43 on Comedy Central's 100 Greatest Standups of All Time. He is the youngest person to make the list.
- Grew up in Silver Spring, Maryland; Yellow Springs, Ohio; and Washington, D.C., and still lives in Yellow Springs, Ohio, with his wife and children.
- Was in talks to play 'Rick James (II)' (qv) in a film about James' life. Prior to James' death, due to some content objections by 'Rick James (II)' (qv) himself, it was decided the project would not happen. (2004)