Aug. 24th, 1973
Washington, District of Columbia, USA
Dave Chappelle's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2006 - Dave Chappelle's Block Party
2002 - Undercover Brother
2000 - Screwed
1999 - 200 Cigarettes
1999 - Blue Streak
1998 - You've Got Mail
1998 - Half Baked
1997 - The Real Blonde
1997 - Con Air
1996 - Joe's Apartment
1996 - The Nutty Professor
1993 - Undercover Blues
1993 - Robin Hood: Men in Tights
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Comedian (segment "Dave Chappelle")
- Was in talks to play 'Rick James (II)' (qv) in a film about James' life. Prior to James' death, due to some content objections by 'Rick James (II)' (qv) himself, it was decided the project would not happen. (2004)
- Turned down an offer to host the 2004 _MTV Video Music Awards 2004 (2004) (TV)_ (qv).
- Due to the popularity of his show, Comedy Central's parent company Viacom cut a $50 million deal with him that will continue the production of _"Chappelle's Show" (2003)_ (qv) for two more years and will allow him to do side projects.
- Made the Forbes Celebrity 100 List with $12 million in earnings.
- Often appears opposite a _"Saturday Night Live" (1975)_ (qv) star: _Screwed (2000)_ (qv) (with 'Norm MacDonald (I)' (qv)), _Half Baked (1998)_ (qv) (with 'Jim Breuer' (qv)), and _Undercover Brother (2002)_ (qv) (with 'Chris Kattan (I)' (qv)).
- Was best friends and frequent co-writers with 'Neal Brennan' (qv). Their partnership ended when Chappelle abruptly left _"Chappelle's Show" (2003)_ (qv) in its third season.
- Is one of the few (if not only) celebrities to do advertisements for both Coca-Cola and Pepsi.
- (2004) Is currently in the beginning of talks about a movie involving his family and historical events they are fictionally involved in.