72 (passed away Jan. 14th, 2007)
Jul. 18th, 1934
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Darlene Conley's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles1986 - Tough Guys
1967 - Valley of the Dolls
1963 - The Birds
Guest TV Roles
Darlene Conley has received two Emmy Award nominations as Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series for her portrayal of Sally Spectra on "The Bold and the Beautiful" (1987), a role she has played since December of 1988. She was also nominated for two Soap Opera awards from Soap Opera Digest as Outstanding Comic Performer in a Daytime Drama. She is of Irish-German heritage and grew up on Chicago's south side. At the age of 16, Darlene went on tour with the Chicago Uptown Circuit Players and the Playwrights Company. Her first leading man was Basil Rathbone, of Sherlock Holmes fame, and her first feature film was Alfred Hitchcock (I)'s masterpiece, The Birds (1963). She also appeared in prime-time series including "Gunsmoke" (1955) and "Mary Tyler Moore" (1970), and in the mini-series "Robert Kennedy & His Times" (1985). Darlene's feature film credits include Faces (1968/II) and Tough Guys (1986), and stage credits include "Cyrano de Bergerac" and "Night Of The Iguana." She began her daytime drama career as bad girl Rose DeVille in "The Young and the Restless" (1973) on CBS before moving onto "Capitol" (1982), "General Hospital" (1963), and "Days of Our Lives" (1965). Darlene has one son and two stepsons.
- Mother of Raymond Woodson, sister of Carol Fontana and Sharon Wilson.
- Was discovered by Broadway impresario 'Jed Harris' (qv) at age 15.
- Good friends with 'Phyllis Diller (I)' (qv) and 'Fabio (I)' (qv), both appearing as guest stars on _"The Bold and the Beautiful" (1987)_ (qv).
- Only soap opera star to be chosen by Madame Tussaud's to have her _"The Bold and the Beautiful" (1987)_ (qv) character Sally Spectra displayed in their gallery of wax, both in Las Vegas and Amsterdam.
- Began her acting career at 15 when she was cast in a touring production of The Heiress.