Jun. 6th, 1974
Manhattan Beach, California, USA
Danny Strong's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2007 - Sydney White
2006 - Life is Short
2006 - Outside Sales
2003 - Seabiscuit
1998 - Pleasantville
1995 - Dangerous Minds
Guest TV Roles
Danny Strong was born and raised in Manhattan Beach, a little borough south of Los Angeles. He attended the University of Southern California where he majored in Theater. During his tenure there, he was awarded the James Pendelton Award for Acting and was a finalist for the prestigious Irene Ryan Award given by the Kennedy Center. Upon graduation he immediately started working as an actor and was awarded a fellowship from the USC School of Theater to teach acting during the summer session (at twenty-two, he's the youngest person to ever receive this honor). Named by Variety as one of their "Top Ten Screenwriters to Watch" of 2007, his debut script 'Recount' was voted number one on the Hollywood Blacklist for 2007. The film aired on HBO in 2008 with an all-star cast and was hailed by the Los Angeles Times as 'the best political thriller since 'All The Presidents Men.'" It garnered 11 Emmy nominations (including Best Writing), 5 Golden Globe nominations and won the Emmy for Best TV Movie. Strong also received the Writers Guild of America Award for the script.
As an actor, he has an impressive resume with extensive credits in film, television and theater that includes classic movies and TV shows like "Pleasantville", "Seabiscuit", "Seinfeld", "Nip/Tuck" and "Third Rock from the Sun". He is best known for the five years he played "Jonathan Levinson" on the landmark television series "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" for which he was named "One of the Top Ten Scene Stealers on Television" by the San Francisco Chronicle. He is also widely recognized for his four seasons as "Doyle" on the beloved WB show, "Gilmore Girls."
- His favorite episode of BtVS is, not surprisingly, "Superstar" (Season 4, Episode 17).
- Does frequent radio commercial voicework.
- Attended college with and co-starred in school stage productions with George Hertzberg (Adam on "Buffy the Vampire Slayer") and J. August Richards (Gunn on "Angel the Series").
- His high school theatrical productions included the roles of "Ponyboy" in "The Outsiders" and the "Master of Ceremonies" in "Cabaret."
- He did not learn that his character, Jonathan, was going to die until he got the script several days beforehand. He has expressed some disappointment that he wasn't told by the producers personally.
- Appeared in the unaired test pilot for "Buffy the Vampire Slayer," but did not debut on the series itself until the second season.
- Graduated from Mira Costa High School in Manhattan Beach, California.
- He lives within a half-mile of both Tom Lenk and Adam Busch, his fellow actors in the 'Nerd Troika' on BtVS.
Related sites for this celeb