Jul. 23rd, 1989
Fulham, London, England, UK
Daniel Radcliffe's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2010 - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I
2009 - Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
2007 - December Boys
2007 - Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
2005 - Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
2004 - Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
2002 - Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
2001 - Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
2001 - The Tailor of Panama
Guest TV Roles
Thomas the Tank Engine (Voiced)
J. Pierrepont Finch
Daniel Jacob Radcliffe was born on July 23rd, 1989 to Alan Radcliffe (I) and Marcia Gresham. He began performing in small school productions as a young boy. Soon enough, he landed a role in David Copperfield (1999) (TV), as the young David Copperfield. A couple of years later, he landed a role as Mark Pendel in The Tailor of Panama (2001), the son of Harry and Louisa Pendel (Geoffrey Rush and Jamie Lee Curtis). Lee Curtis had indeed pointed out to Daniel's mother that he could be Harry Potter himself. Soon afterwards, Daniel was cast as Harry Potter by director, Chris Columbus in the film that hit theatres in November 16, 2001, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (2001). He was recognized worldwide after this film was released. Pleasing audiences and critics everywhere, filming on its sequel, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (2002), commenced shortly afterwards. He appeared again as Harry in Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (2004) directed by Alfonso Cuar�n, and then appeared in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (2005) directed by Mike Newell (I). Shortly afterwards, he finished filming December Boys (2007) in Adelaide, Australia, Kangaroo Island, and Geelong, Australia which began on the 14th of November, 2005 and ended sometime in December. On January 27th, 2006, he attended the South Bank Awards Show to present the award for "Breakthrough Artist of the Year" to Billie Piper. Dan reprised his famous character once again for the next installment of the Harry Potter series, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (2007). In February 2007 he took on his first stage role in the West End play Equus to worldwide praise from fans and critics alike. He has finished filming the TV movie My Boy Jack (2007) (TV), which will air on 11 November 2007 in the UK.
Now being one of the world's most recognizable people, Daniel leads a somewhat normal life. He has made friends working on the Harry Potter films, which include his co-stars Rupert Grint and Emma Watson (II).
- In the 2003 Comic Relief fundraiser, a lock of Dan's hair sold at auction for 751 British pounds, the highest amount raised.
- (2004) Has earned 6 million pounds so far portraying Harry Potter, making him the second richest teenage in Britain behind 'Prince Harry Windsor' (qv)'s 14 million pounds.
- Says he doesn't read any articles or reviews about himself or his movies.
- Has two border terriers named Binka and Nugget.
- He supports Demelza House Children's Hospice, which is a charity that cares for terminally-ill children in the Kent, East Sussex and South London areas of Britain. Dan always asks his fans to donate to the charity every Christmas and on his birthday instead of sending him gifts. In the book, 'Harry Potter and the Half- Blood Prince', the author 'J.K. Rowling' (qv) named the character Demelza Robins after the charity.
- Delays between filming the second and third Harry Potter movies were caused because his parents wanted him to be able to attend normal school for a while.
- A February 23, 2004 article in British newspaper 'The Sun' listed him as Britain's third richest teenager behind only 'Prince Harry Windsor' (qv) and 'Charlotte Church' (qv). He is said to be worth 5 million pounds.
- Was ranked #29 on Entertainment Weekly's '30 Under 30' the actors list.(2008).