Mar. 25th, 1982
Beloit, Wisconsin, USA
Danica Patrick's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles
Herself - Guest
Herself - Guest
Danica Patrick is the Rookie sensation of the Indy Racing League, driving for Rahal-Letterman racing, which is co-owned by racing legend Bobby Rahal, and "Late Show with David Letterman" (1993)'s David Letterman. Born in Wisconsin, she currently resides in Arizona with her miniature schnauzer "Billy" and her husband, physical therapist Paul Hospenthal. When she isn't racing around the track at speeds up to 229 mph, she enjoys traveling, yoga, and spending time with her family and friends.
- At 16, went to England to learn how to race.
- Was named one of the 100 Most Beautiful People by People Magazine in 2006.
- Contacted by several NASCAR teams in 2006 and 2007 but declined their offers and elected to sign with Andretti Green Racing and race INDY cars.
- Got hooked on racing when her sister, Brooke, took up go-carts (Brooke lost interest, Danica didn't).
- Witnessed the crash between 'Paul Dana (I)' (qv) and Ed Carpenter at the Homestead-Miami Speedway in Homestead, Florida which had resulted in 'Paul Dana (I)' (qv)'s death. (March 26, 2006)
- Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich declared April 26th, 2008 "Danica Patrick Day" in the state. The governor stated he was honoring Patrick for her "sparkling achievements" and first IndyCar Series victory.
- Danica Patrick was selected as a finalist for the Time Magazine annual "Time 100" which honors the most influential people in politics, sports and pop culture worldwide.
- Voted INDY Series "Most Popular Driver" for 2007. This was her third consecutive award.