Mar. 25th, 1982
Beloit, Wisconsin, USA
Danica Patrick's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Danica Patrick is the Rookie sensation of the Indy Racing League, driving for Rahal-Letterman racing, which is co-owned by racing legend Bobby Rahal, and "Late Show with David Letterman" (1993)'s David Letterman. Born in Wisconsin, she currently resides in Arizona with her miniature schnauzer "Billy" and her husband, physical therapist Paul Hospenthal. When she isn't racing around the track at speeds up to 229 mph, she enjoys traveling, yoga, and spending time with her family and friends.
- Danica Patrick topped golfer Tiger Woods, quarterback Tom Brady and Super Bowl champion Eli Manning as the most searched for athlete in 2008, according to AOL's annual list of top Web, mobile and video searches.
- Named #42 in FHM magazine's "100 Sexiest Women in the World 2006" supplement. (2006).
- May 29, 2005 - First female ever to lead in the Indy 500
- At the 2000 Formula Ford Festival in England, she finished in second place, the best result any American driver ever earned in the race.
- Danica Patrick's Rahal Letterman Racing No.16 Panoz IR5 IndyCar was formally placed in the Indianapolis Motor Speedway for permanent display on May 5th, 2008. This was the car that Patrick piloted when she became the first female to lead the Indianapolis 500 in 2005. Patrick finished the race in fourth place, the highest finish ever for a female at the Indianapolis 500.
- At just 20 years old, Danica Patrick participated in the Long Beach Pro Celebrity Race in an effort to secure a seat in CART's developmental Toyota Atlantic Series. Patrick, who had been racing overseas in Formula Vauxhall and Formula Ford, was greeted with disdain by some. Patrick then agreed to a bet with Tommy Kendall in an effort to prove herself. Whoever won the race would get to lead the other driver down pit lane by a leash and collar. Patrick responded by leading all pro and celebrity drivers in becoming the first female pro to win the event and coincidentally the bet.
- Witnessed the crash between 'Paul Dana (I)' (qv) and Ed Carpenter at the Homestead-Miami Speedway in Homestead, Florida which had resulted in 'Paul Dana (I)' (qv)'s death. (March 26, 2006)
- Was named one of the 100 Most Beautiful People by People Magazine in 2006.