Mar. 13th, 1956
New York City, New York, USA
Dana Delany's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2012 - Freelancers
2012 - Drunkboat
2010 - Multiple Sarcasms
2009 - PoliWood
2000 - The Right Temptation
1998 - Wide Awake
1996 - Fly Away Home
1995 - Live Nude Girls
1993 - Batman: Mask of the Phantasm
1993 - Tombstone
1992 - Light Sleeper
1988 - Moon Over Parador
1988 - Masquerade
1986 - Where the River Runs Black
Guest TV Roles
Lois Lane (Voiced)
Lois Lane (Voiced)
Special Agent Jordan Shaw
Dana Welles Delany (born March 13, 1956), in New York City and raised in Stamford, Connecticut. Dana knew early in life that she wanted to be an actress. Following graduation from Wesleyan University, this tall (5'7") beauty moved to New York and developed her skills working in daytime television and theater. Dana starred in the Broadway show "A Life" and received critical acclaim in a number of off-Broadway productions as well. Her role in Nicholas Kazan's controversial "Bloodmoon" in New York led her to Hollywood. Dana acted in a number of TV series, working steadily until she could get her own starring vehicle. That happened in 1988 when Dana became identified with Army nurse Colleen McMurphy in ABC TV's critically acclaimed series China Beach (1988), the role earning her three Emmy nominations and two Emmy Awards as Best Actress.
Dana moved on to movies and eventually started getting starring roles in films, such as Exit to Eden (1994). With over a dozen TV and movie projects within the last few years, Dana is one of the busiest actresses in Hollywood.
- Had a brief romance with 'Treat Williams' (qv) and 'Don Henley (I)' (qv).
- Has an older brother, Sean Delany, and a younger sister, Corey Delany.
- Her grandfather invented the Delany valve, a flushing device still use in today's toilets.
- Her mother is related to 'Abraham Lincoln (I)' (qv)'s Secretary of Navy, Gideon Welles.
- Attended and graduated from Wesleyan University.
- Original choice for the role of "Bree" on _"Desperate Housewives" (2004)_ (qv). Role went to her friend, 'Marcia Cross' (qv). They both appeared on _"Cheers" (1982)_ (qv), but on different episodes.
- Dated 'Henry Czerny' (qv) for 4 years.
- Attended Stamford, Connecticut, public schools until her senior year in high school.