May. 24th, 1967
San Diego, California, USA
Dana Ashbrook's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles1992 - Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me
1990 - Ghost Dad
1989 - She's Out of Control
1989 - Sundown: The Vampire in Retreat
1988 - Return of the Living Dead Part II
1988 - Waxwork
1978 - Attack of the Killer Tomatoes!
Guest TV Roles
Desperate Single Guy at Wedding
Growing up in San Diego, becoming an actor came naturally to Dana Ashbrook. His father is the director of the Palomar College Department of Performing Arts, and his mother is a teacher who performs in local theater. His sisters, Daphne Ashbrook and Taylor Ashbrook, are also working actresses. His own career started while still in his teens, when his sister Daphne's agent saw him performing in a high school play, and he made a good impression. He started out with guest appearances in TV series, and then went on to supporting roles in motion pictures. His big break was in 1990 in winning the role of Bobby Briggs in the offbeat television series "Twin Peaks" (1990). Ashbrook's intense portrayal of the volatile tempered high school athlete with his shaggy hair, soulful appearance, and intense personality made an impression. After the show went off the air the following year, he continued to make appearances in television and film. In 1997, he won a starring role in the series "Crisis Center" (1997), but in spite of its promise, the series only lasted one season. Ashbrook made a comeback in 2002 when he was cast in a recurring role playing the slimy and greedy stockbroker Rich Rinaldi, a character the viewers loved to hate, in the popular teen soap opera "Dawson's Creek" (1998) during the show's final season.
In his spare time, he plays basketball and tennis. He is also an accomplished harmonica player.
- Friend of 'Robert Bauer (III)' (qv), who co-starred in _"Twin Peaks" (1990)_ (qv).
- Studied acting with 'Harry Mastrogeorge' (qv).
- Uncle of 'Paton Ashbrook' (qv).
- Brother of writer 'Taylor Ashbrook' (qv) and actress 'Daphne Ashbrook' (qv).
- Created with 'Robert Bauer (III)' (qv) a film company called Bauerbrook Films.
- Graduated high school in 1985.
- Is friends with 'Kimmy Robertson' (qv).
- Got his SAG card when he appeared in the 1986 episode of _"Cagney & Lacey" (1982)_ (qv).
Related sites for this celeb