Dec. 2nd, 1954
Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA
Dan Butler's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2002 - Fixing Frank
2002 - The First $20 Million Is Always the Hardest
1998 - Enemy of the State
1996 - The Fan
1994 - I Love Trouble
1993 - Dave
1993 - Rising Sun
1992 - Captain Ron
1991 - The Silence of the Lambs
1986 - The Manhattan Project
1986 - Manhunter
Guest TV Roles
Mr. Simmons (Voiced)
[no bio found]
- Is one of only two actors to have appeared in the original Hannibal Lecter film, _Manhunter (1986)_ (qv), as well as _The Silence of the Lambs (1991)_ (qv). The other is 'Frankie Faison' (qv).
- Studied acting at the American Conservatory Theater in San Francisco from 1976 to 1978.
- Father Andrew Butler is a pharmacist; mother Shirley is a homemaker.
- Graduated from Northrop High School in Fort Wayne, Indiana. While there, he received a drama award.
- Is best known for the role of Bob "Bulldog" Briscoe on the super-popular Emmy-winning show _"Frasier" (1993)_ (qv).
- In high school, Butler pursued his penchant for the stage, winning leading roles in student plays. He also excelled in sports and was elected class president.
- In 1995, he and 'Candace Gingrich' (qv) served as spokespersons for the National Coming Out Day Project. Butler appeared in public service announcements that included the gently humorous statement, "I'm not a straight man, but I play one on television".
- Butler left both Purdue University and San Jose State College without degrees and migrated to San Francisco where he worked in regional theatre.
Related sites for this celeb