Jul. 1st, 1952
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Guest TV Roles
Weekend Update Anchor
Judge Max Hunter
Dan Aykroyd (Voiced)
Rev. Mike Webber
Himself - Beldar
Dan Aykroyd attended Carleton University in Ottawa, Canada (1969), where he majored in Criminology and Sociology. He dropped out to work with Second City Stage Troupe in Toronto and started his acting career at Carleton University with Sock'n'Buskin, the campus theater/drama club. Married to Donna Dixon (I), he has two daughters. His parents are named Peter and Lorraine and his brother Peter Aykroyd is a psychic researcher. Dan received an honorary Doctorate from Carleton University in 1994.
- He and 'M. Night Shyamalan' (qv), are the only two men to direct themselves in performances that "won" them a Razzie Award for Worst Supporting Actor. Aykroyd "won" the award for, and also directed, the film _Nothing But Trouble (1991)_ (qv).
- On his passport, he lists his occupation as "Writer".
- Biography in: "Who's Who in Comedy" by Ronald L. Smith. pg. 32-33. New York: Facts on File, 1992. ISBN 0816023387
- Said that his original finished script for _The Blues Brothers (1980)_ (qv) was over 300 pages long, roughly the size of a phone book. He even sent it to director 'John Landis' (qv) in the guise of a phone book as a joke.
- After working together on three films, 'Jamie Lee Curtis' (qv) called him the best "screen kisser" who ever had a scene with her.
- Aykroyd and 'John Belushi' (qv) were scheduled to present the first annual Best Visual Effects Oscar at the 1982 Academy Awards, but Belushi died weeks before the ceremony. Aykroyd presented the award alone, and stated from the podium: "My partner would have loved to have been here tonight to present this award, since he was a bit of a Visual Effect himself."
- Was once engaged to 'Carrie Fisher' (qv).
- Is very interested in the supernatural and has an extensive collection of books on the subject.