Feb. 11th, 1971
St. John's Wood, London, England, UK
Damian Lewis' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2013 - Romeo and Juliet
2012 - The Sweeney
2011 - Your Highness
2008 - The Escapist
2007 - The Baker
2005 - An Unfinished Life
2005 - Chromophobia
2004 - Keane
2003 - Dreamcatcher
1997 - Robinson Crusoe
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Guest
Himself - Guest
Agent Double-00 (Voiced)
Damian Lewis (born February 11, 1971), in St. John's Wood, London, England. He was raised by his parents, Watcyn and Charlotte Lewis, on Abbey Road in London until the age of 8 with his siblings Gareth, William, and Amanda. In 1979, he was sent to Ashdown House boarding school, then was educated at Eton College. At age 16, he formed his own theater company, then worked in South London, then traveled around Africa.
From 1990 to 1993, he studied at Guildhall School of Music and Drama, alongside 'Daniel Craig' and 'Joseph Fiennes'. Among his teachers was RSC stalwart 'Colin McCormack'. Lewis graduated in 1993, and worked on the stage, particularly with the Royal Shakespeare Company. There he was seen by director 'Steven Spielberg', who subsequently cast him as Richard Winters in the HBO/BBC miniseries Band of Brothers (2001), for which he was nominated for a Golden Globe, among other awards. Lewis continues his career in films, TV, and theater.
- Was offered a role in _Black Hawk Down (2001)_ (qv), but turned it down for _"The Forsyte Saga" (2002)_ (qv).
- Plays the guitar and the piano/keyboard.
- Attended Eton College
- Reunited with fellow _"Band of Brothers" (2001)_ (qv) actors in _Dreamcatcher (2003)_ (qv) ('Donnie Wahlberg' (qv), "2nd Lt. C. Carwood Lipton") and in _Colditz (2005) (TV)_ (qv) ('Tom Hardy (I)' (qv) "PFC John Janovec").
- Playing the main character Charlie Crews, was reunited with fellow _"Band of Brothers" (2001)_ (qv) star 'Michael Cudlitz (I)' (qv) who guest starred in a couple of episodes of TV show _Life (2007/I)_ (qv) as the character Mark Rawls.
- Graduated from Guildhall School of Music and Drama in 1993.
- Before his recent big screen appearances, Lewis was a stage actor for the Royal Shakespeare Company.
- His castmates in _"Band of Brothers" (2001)_ (qv) were initially sceptical of how well he could handle playing an American. It turned out that he was so convincing (as an American) that some cast and crew didn't believe he was British!