Feb. 11th, 1971
St. John's Wood, London, England, UK
Damian Lewis' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Damian Lewis (born February 11, 1971), in St. John's Wood, London, England. He was raised by his parents, Watcyn and Charlotte Lewis, on Abbey Road in London until the age of 8 with his siblings Gareth, William, and Amanda. In 1979, he was sent to Ashdown House boarding school, then was educated at Eton College. At age 16, he formed his own theater company, then worked in South London, then traveled around Africa.
From 1990 to 1993, he studied at Guildhall School of Music and Drama, alongside 'Daniel Craig' and 'Joseph Fiennes'. Among his teachers was RSC stalwart 'Colin McCormack'. Lewis graduated in 1993, and worked on the stage, particularly with the Royal Shakespeare Company. There he was seen by director 'Steven Spielberg', who subsequently cast him as Richard Winters in the HBO/BBC miniseries Band of Brothers (2001), for which he was nominated for a Golden Globe, among other awards. Lewis continues his career in films, TV, and theater.
- Father of Manon McCrory-Lewis, born on September 8, 2006, at 4:20 PM GMT. Mother is 'Helen McCrory' (qv).
- Plays the guitar and the piano/keyboard.
- Director 'Gareth Lewis (IV)' (qv) is his brother. Gareth directed Damian in _The Baker (2007)_ (qv).
- Graduated from Guildhall School of Music and Drama in 1993.
- Was offered a role in _Black Hawk Down (2001)_ (qv), but turned it down for _"The Forsyte Saga" (2002)_ (qv).
- Reunited with fellow _"Band of Brothers" (2001)_ (qv) actors in _Dreamcatcher (2003)_ (qv) ('Donnie Wahlberg' (qv), "2nd Lt. C. Carwood Lipton") and in _Colditz (2005) (TV)_ (qv) ('Tom Hardy (I)' (qv) "PFC John Janovec").
- Son, Gulliver Lewis, born 2 November 2007.
- Attended Eton College