Feb. 11th, 1971
St. John's Wood, London, England, UK
Damian Lewis' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2011 - Your Highness
2008 - The Escapist
2007 - The Baker
2005 - An Unfinished Life
2005 - Chromophobia
2004 - Keane
2003 - Dreamcatcher
1997 - Robinson Crusoe
Guest TV Roles
Agent Double-00 (Voiced)
Damian Lewis (born February 11, 1971), in St. John's Wood, London, England. He was raised by his parents, Watcyn and Charlotte Lewis, on Abbey Road in London until the age of 8 with his siblings Gareth, William, and Amanda. In 1979, he was sent to Ashdown House boarding school, then was educated at Eton College. At age 16, he formed his own theater company, then worked in South London, then traveled around Africa.
From 1990 to 1993, he studied at Guildhall School of Music and Drama, alongside 'Daniel Craig' and 'Joseph Fiennes'. Among his teachers was RSC stalwart 'Colin McCormack'. Lewis graduated in 1993, and worked on the stage, particularly with the Royal Shakespeare Company. There he was seen by director 'Steven Spielberg', who subsequently cast him as Richard Winters in the HBO/BBC miniseries Band of Brothers (2001), for which he was nominated for a Golden Globe, among other awards. Lewis continues his career in films, TV, and theater.
- Graduated from Guildhall School of Music and Drama in 1993.
- Before his recent big screen appearances, Lewis was a stage actor for the Royal Shakespeare Company.
- Attended Eton College
- Has competed twice in the Northern Rock All Star Cup, a golf tournament that pits celebrities from Europe against those of America. Lewis faced against such celebs as Meatloaf and Alice Cooper.
- Son, Gulliver Lewis, born 2 November 2007.
- Father of Manon McCrory-Lewis, born on September 8, 2006, at 4:20 PM GMT. Mother is 'Helen McCrory' (qv).
- Director 'Gareth Lewis (IV)' (qv) is his brother. Gareth directed Damian in _The Baker (2007)_ (qv).
- Plays the guitar and the piano/keyboard.