Jun. 22nd, 1953
Ozone Park, Queens, New York
Cyndi Lauper's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Cynthia Ann Stephanie Lauper is an American singer, songwriter, actress and LGBT rights activist, known for Mad About You, Bones, Cyndi Lauper: Still So Unusual.
- 'Patti LaBelle' (qv) is her son Declyn's godmother and sang "Come What May" at Cyndi's wedding.
- Born at 11 PM EST
- Attended the same High school as 'Rodney Dangerfield' (qv) and New York Yankee shortstop 'Phil Rizzuto' (qv) - Richmond Hill, Queens.
- She is of Italian and Swiss origin.
- Sang in dance cover bands in the 70s, until she lost her voice in 1977, doctors told her she'd never sing again.
- Her mother has appeared in several of her videos.
- In 1984 awarded a Grammy for Best New Artist.
- (2005) Honored by PFLAGG for her support of Gay families after appearing with her Lesbian sister in a PFLAGG sponsored campaign.