May. 17th, 1962
Glasgow, Scotland, UK
Craig Ferguson's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2014 - The Hero of Color City
2014 - Postman Pat: The Movie
2014 - How to Train Your Dragon 2
2014 - Postman Pat: The Movie
2012 - Brave
2011 - Winnie the Pooh
2010 - Kick-Ass
2010 - How to Train Your Dragon
2009 - The Ugly Truth
2007 - Heckler
2000 - Saving Grace
2000 - Chain of Fools
1999 - The Big Tease
Guest TV Roles
Samuel T. Philander
Craig Ferguson (born May 17, 1962) is a Scottish-born American television host, stand-up comedian, writer, actor, director, author, producer and voice artist.
Born in Stobhill Hospital, in the Springburn district of Glasgow, Scotland, to Robert and Janet Ferguson and raised in nearby Cumbernauld, growing up "chubby and bullied". He was raised Scottish Presbyterian. When he was six months old, he and his family moved from their Springburn apartment to a council house in Cumbernauld. They lived there as Glasgow was re-housing many people following damage to the city from World War II. Ferguson attended Muirfield Primary School and Cumbernauld High School. At age sixteen, Ferguson dropped out of Cumbernauld High School and began an apprenticeship to be an electronics technician at a local factory of American company Burroughs Corporation.
His first visit to the United States was as a teenager to visit an uncle who lived on Long Island, near New York City. When he moved to New York City in 1983, he worked in construction in Harlem. Ferguson later became a bouncer at the nightclub Save the Robots.
Ferguson has married three times and divorced twice as a result of what he describes as "relationship issues". His first marriage was to Anne Hogarth from 1983 to 1986, during which time they lived in New York. From his second marriage (to Sascha Corwin, founder and proprietor of Los Angeles' SpySchool), he has one son, Milo Hamish Ferguson (b. 2001). He and Corwin share custody of Milo, and live near each other in Los Angeles. On December 21, 2008, Ferguson married art dealer Megan Wallace-Cunningham in a private ceremony on her family's farm in Chester, Vermont. Ferguson announced July 14, 2010 on Twitter that they were expecting a child. He wrote: "Holy crackers! Mrs F is pregnant. How did that happen? ... oh yeah I know how. Another Ferguson arrives in 2011. The world trembles". The child, a boy named Liam James (b. January 31, 2011).
- Childhood nickname was "Tubby."
- Sings the opening theme song for his show _"The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson" (2005)_ (qv)
- Has three dogs.
- Has written and performed three stand-up comedy albums.
- While appearing on _"Late Night with Conan O'Brien" (1993)_ (qv), he had host 'Conan O'Brien' (qv) laughing so hard that he couldn't continue with his show and Craig ended up doing all the talking.
- On January 25, 2008, he passed the U.S. citizenship test, scoring 100%. A week later, on February 1, 2008, he was sworn in as a U.S. citizen. His February 4, 2008 episode of _"The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson" (2005)_ (qv) was devoted to this event.
- On December 21, 2008, Ferguson was married for the third time, to Megan Wallace Cunningham, an art dealer.
- Has a son, Milo Hamish Ferguson (b: 2001).