Jul. 9th, 1964
San Francisco, California, USA
5' 9 1/2
Courtney Love's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2015 - Kurt Cobain: Montage Of Heck
2011 - Pearl Jam Twenty
2004 - Mayor of the Sunset Strip
2002 - Trapped
2000 - Beat
1999 - Man on the Moon
1999 - 200 Cigarettes
1996 - Feeling Minnesota
1996 - Basquiat
1996 - The People vs. Larry Flynt
1992 - 1991: The Year Punk Broke
1988 - Tapeheads
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Courtney Michelle Love (born Courtney Michelle Harrison; July 9, 1964) is an American singer-songwriter, musician, actress and artist. Love initially gained notoriety in the Los Angeles indie rock scene with her band Hole, which she formed in 1989 with Eric Erlandson. Their debut album, Pretty on the Inside (1991) garnered them critical praise, and they went on to achieve international critical and commercial acclaim for their following albums, Live Through This (1994) and Celebrity Skin (1998).
Love also had a career in acting, originally landing small roles in Alex Cox films in the 1980s. In 1996, Love starred in The People vs. Larry Flynt alongside Woody Harrelson, and was nominated for a Golden Globe for her performance. She later had a brief solo career in the early 2000s after the dissolution of Hole, releasing America's Sweetheart (2004), and went through several rehab sentences and run-ins with the law until achieving sobriety. In 2009, Love reformed Hole with new members and released Nobody's Daughter (2010). In 2012, she debuted an art exhibit featuring a collection of her own paintings and drawings titled "And She's Not Even Pretty".
Love was married to Kurt Cobain, frontman of the grunge band Nirvana, with whom she has a daughter, Frances Bean Cobain. Throughout her career, Love's wild stage antics and subversive feminist attitude have polarized audiences and critics, with Rolling Stone once calling her "the most controversial woman in the history of rock."
- Has admitted to having extensive plastic surgery on her face and body.
- Ranked #67 on VH1's 100 Sexiest Artists.
- The Nirvana song "Heart-Shaped Box" is about her
- Released her solo album, "America's Sweetheart" in February 2004
- Good friends with 'Winona Ryder' (qv).
- 'Alex Cox (I)' (qv) gave her bit parts in her first two films ( _Sid and Nancy (1986)_ (qv) and _Straight to Hell (1987)_ (qv) ), starting her movie career.
- The song "Malibu" (1998) was written specifically for 'Kurt Cobain' (qv).
- Was a member of the band Sugar Babylon