Jul. 9th, 1964
San Francisco, California, USA
5' 9 1/2
Courtney Love's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Courtney Michelle Love (born Courtney Michelle Harrison; July 9, 1964) is an American singer-songwriter, musician, actress and artist. Love initially gained notoriety in the Los Angeles indie rock scene with her band Hole, which she formed in 1989 with Eric Erlandson. Their debut album, Pretty on the Inside (1991) garnered them critical praise, and they went on to achieve international critical and commercial acclaim for their following albums, Live Through This (1994) and Celebrity Skin (1998).
Love also had a career in acting, originally landing small roles in Alex Cox films in the 1980s. In 1996, Love starred in The People vs. Larry Flynt alongside Woody Harrelson, and was nominated for a Golden Globe for her performance. She later had a brief solo career in the early 2000s after the dissolution of Hole, releasing America's Sweetheart (2004), and went through several rehab sentences and run-ins with the law until achieving sobriety. In 2009, Love reformed Hole with new members and released Nobody's Daughter (2010). In 2012, she debuted an art exhibit featuring a collection of her own paintings and drawings titled "And She's Not Even Pretty".
Love was married to Kurt Cobain, frontman of the grunge band Nirvana, with whom she has a daughter, Frances Bean Cobain. Throughout her career, Love's wild stage antics and subversive feminist attitude have polarized audiences and critics, with Rolling Stone once calling her "the most controversial woman in the history of rock."
- 4 February 2003: arrested at Heathrow airport in London for disorderly conduct on an aircraft flying from L.A. She was given a caution. She had flown to London for a performance at The Old Vic Theatre
- Though the band denies it, she insists she inspired the song "Crush With Eyeliner" that appeared on the 1990s R.E.M. album "Monster".
- Released her solo album, "America's Sweetheart" in February 2004
- She wore an antique silk dress that had once belonged to actress 'Frances Farmer' (qv) to her wedding with 'Kurt Cobain' (qv).
- Auditioned for the role of Nancy in _Sid and Nancy (1986)_ (qv) but was given the small role as Gretchen instead.
- According to her mother Linda Carroll, her stage name originated because Linda called her "Courtney, love" as a child.
- Linked romantically to 'Edward Norton (I)' (qv). [1996-1998]
- Measurements: 35C-26-36 (after "lifting" in 1995), 34B-25-35 1/2 (implants removed 1997), (Source: Celebrity Sleuth magazine)