Jul. 9th, 1964
San Francisco, California, USA
5' 9 1/2
Courtney Love's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2002 - Trapped
2000 - Beat
1999 - 200 Cigarettes
1999 - Man on the Moon
1998 - Kurt & Courtney
1996 - Feeling Minnesota
1996 - Basquiat
1996 - The People vs. Larry Flynt
1992 - 1991: The Year Punk Broke
1988 - Tapeheads
1987 - Straight to Hell
Guest TV Roles
Courtney Michelle Love (born Courtney Michelle Harrison; July 9, 1964) is an American singer-songwriter, musician, actress and artist. Love initially gained notoriety in the Los Angeles indie rock scene with her band Hole, which she formed in 1989 with Eric Erlandson. Their debut album, Pretty on the Inside (1991) garnered them critical praise, and they went on to achieve international critical and commercial acclaim for their following albums, Live Through This (1994) and Celebrity Skin (1998).
Love also had a career in acting, originally landing small roles in Alex Cox films in the 1980s. In 1996, Love starred in The People vs. Larry Flynt alongside Woody Harrelson, and was nominated for a Golden Globe for her performance. She later had a brief solo career in the early 2000s after the dissolution of Hole, releasing America's Sweetheart (2004), and went through several rehab sentences and run-ins with the law until achieving sobriety. In 2009, Love reformed Hole with new members and released Nobody's Daughter (2010). In 2012, she debuted an art exhibit featuring a collection of her own paintings and drawings titled "And She's Not Even Pretty".
Love was married to Kurt Cobain, frontman of the grunge band Nirvana, with whom she has a daughter, Frances Bean Cobain. Throughout her career, Love's wild stage antics and subversive feminist attitude have polarized audiences and critics, with Rolling Stone once calling her "the most controversial woman in the history of rock."
- Was in the early weeks of pregnancy during the filming of _Trapped (2002)_ (qv) but miscarried.
- Mentioned in the song "You Only Get What You Give" by the New Radicals.
- (28 May 1998) Nightlife columnist Belissa Cohen sued Love for "assault, battery, negligence, and intentional infliction of emotional distress" resulting from an incident involving Cohen's attempt to photograph Love at an LA fashion show.
- (May 24, 2002) It was announced that Love's band, 'Hole', has broken up.
- Was in the process of being divorced by 'Kurt Cobain' (qv) at the time of his death.
- Turned down the role of Madison Lee in Charlies Angeles Full Throtle, because she didn't want to perform any stunts.
- Her band "Hole" was part of the "Riot Girl"-movement in the 90s
- Dedicated Hole's My Body, The Hand Grenade CD to her late husband 'Kurt Cobain' (qv) and former Hole bassist "Kristen Pfaff", who died of a heroin overdose.