Dec. 23rd, 1971
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Corey Haim's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Canadian-born Haim broke into the Film industry in 1984 as a young child caught up in a family war in the hit movie Firstborn (1984). The following year he starred in the TV movie A Time to Live (1985) (TV), for which he received an award, and Silver Bullet (1985). Lucas (1986), in which he starred alongside Charlie Sheen (I) showed his ability, but was not a big hit.
In 1987 he had a breakthrough when he played one of the major roles in Joel Schumacher's The Lost Boys (1987), but his output during the nineties was disappointing. He hopes to turn his career around with two newly finished movies Without Malice (2000) (TV) and Universal Groove (2007) and there is a chance of a role in the much-rumored The Lost Boys (1987) sequel.
- His dad, Bernie, worked as a sales rep. His mom, Judy, worked as a computer operator.
- Was engaged to 'Nicole Eggert' (qv), whom he credits with helping save his life on a certain occasion: while they were filming one of several movies together, she noticed that Haim was suffering from a narcotic "rush." Eggert promptly drove him to the local hospital where Corey was detoxed. (The irony is that her _"Baywatch" (1989)_ (qv) character, "Lifeguard Summer Quinn," was seldom allowed to do anything nearly as heroic.)
- Was asked by best friend and frequent co-star 'Corey Feldman' (qv) - while filming the first season of _"The Surreal Life" (2003)_ (qv) - to be his best man at his wedding to 'Susie Feldman' (qv); but unfortunately, due to prior commitments he was not able to attend.
- Sister by the name of Carol "Cari" Haim, who is 2 years older than Corey, accidentally got him interested in acting when he accompanied her when she auditioned for roles.
- Formerly engaged to actress 'Tiffany Shepis' (qv). [Oct. 30, 2008].
- Mother Judy was born in Israel.
- Was engaged to 'Holly Fields' (qv) (not the boxer) in 1996, but are no longer together.
- Got into acting because his mom put him into acting lessons to help him deal with his shyness and it later became a career because his older sister Carol Haim was auditioning for roles.