Dec. 23rd, 1971
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Corey Haim's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2009 - Crank: High Voltage
2009 - Shark City
1989 - Dream a Little Dream
1988 - Watchers
1987 - The Lost Boys
1986 - Lucas
1985 - Silver Bullet
1985 - Secret Admirer
1985 - Murphy's Romance
Guest TV Roles
Canadian-born Haim broke into the Film industry in 1984 as a young child caught up in a family war in the hit movie Firstborn (1984). The following year he starred in the TV movie A Time to Live (1985) (TV), for which he received an award, and Silver Bullet (1985). Lucas (1986), in which he starred alongside Charlie Sheen (I) showed his ability, but was not a big hit.
In 1987 he had a breakthrough when he played one of the major roles in Joel Schumacher's The Lost Boys (1987), but his output during the nineties was disappointing. He hopes to turn his career around with two newly finished movies Without Malice (2000) (TV) and Universal Groove (2007) and there is a chance of a role in the much-rumored The Lost Boys (1987) sequel.
- In 2004, he became the subject of a single by the Irish band, 'The Thrills' (qv) entitled "Whatever Happened To Corey Haim?".
- Filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in July 1997 in Los Angeles, California, listing debts that included nearly $104,000 to the I.R.S., $100,000 in California taxes and a variety of medical expenses. The document stated that he had few assets, including a 1987 BMW, $100 in cash, $750 worth of clothing and $7,500 in residuals and royalty rights. He also listed a $31,000 pension plan.
- Was asked by best friend and frequent co-star 'Corey Feldman' (qv) - while filming the first season of _"The Surreal Life" (2003)_ (qv) - to be his best man at his wedding to 'Susie Feldman' (qv); but unfortunately, due to prior commitments he was not able to attend.
- Auditioned for the role of Dick Grayson/Robin in _Batman Forever (1995)_ (qv).
- Mother Judy was born in Israel.
- Got into acting because his mom put him into acting lessons to help him deal with his shyness and it later became a career because his older sister Carol Haim was auditioning for roles.
- Father is French-Canadian.
- Sister by the name of Carol "Cari" Haim, who is 2 years older than Corey, accidentally got him interested in acting when he accompanied her when she auditioned for roles.