Dec. 23rd, 1971
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Corey Haim's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2009 - Crank: High Voltage
1992 - Blown Away
1989 - Dream a Little Dream
1988 - Watchers
1988 - License To Drive
1987 - The Lost Boys
1986 - Lucas
1985 - Secret Admirer
1985 - Silver Bullet
1985 - Murphy's Romance
Guest TV Roles
Canadian-born Haim broke into the Film industry in 1984 as a young child caught up in a family war in the hit movie Firstborn (1984). The following year he starred in the TV movie A Time to Live (1985) (TV), for which he received an award, and Silver Bullet (1985). Lucas (1986), in which he starred alongside Charlie Sheen (I) showed his ability, but was not a big hit.
In 1987 he had a breakthrough when he played one of the major roles in Joel Schumacher's The Lost Boys (1987), but his output during the nineties was disappointing. He hopes to turn his career around with two newly finished movies Without Malice (2000) (TV) and Universal Groove (2007) and there is a chance of a role in the much-rumored The Lost Boys (1987) sequel.
- His dad, Bernie, worked as a sales rep. His mom, Judy, worked as a computer operator.
- Formerly engaged to actress 'Tiffany Shepis' (qv). [Oct. 30, 2008].
- 'Brooke McCarter (I)' (qv) managed him up to the mid 1990s until Corey's drug problem caused a fallout.
- In 2004, he became the subject of a single by the Irish band, 'The Thrills' (qv) entitled "Whatever Happened To Corey Haim?".
- Parents Bernie and Judy divorced when Corey was 11 years old. They were married for 18 years.
- Filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in July 1997 in Los Angeles, California, listing debts that included nearly $104,000 to the I.R.S., $100,000 in California taxes and a variety of medical expenses. The document stated that he had few assets, including a 1987 BMW, $100 in cash, $750 worth of clothing and $7,500 in residuals and royalty rights. He also listed a $31,000 pension plan.
- Sister by the name of Carol "Cari" Haim, who is 2 years older than Corey, accidentally got him interested in acting when he accompanied her when she auditioned for roles.
- Auditioned for the role of Dick Grayson/Robin in _Batman Forever (1995)_ (qv).