Dec. 23rd, 1971
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Corey Haim's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2009 - Crank: High Voltage
2009 - Shark City
1989 - Dream a Little Dream
1988 - Watchers
1987 - The Lost Boys
1986 - Lucas
1985 - Murphy's Romance
1985 - Silver Bullet
1985 - Secret Admirer
Guest TV Roles
Canadian-born Haim broke into the Film industry in 1984 as a young child caught up in a family war in the hit movie Firstborn (1984). The following year he starred in the TV movie A Time to Live (1985) (TV), for which he received an award, and Silver Bullet (1985). Lucas (1986), in which he starred alongside Charlie Sheen (I) showed his ability, but was not a big hit.
In 1987 he had a breakthrough when he played one of the major roles in Joel Schumacher's The Lost Boys (1987), but his output during the nineties was disappointing. He hopes to turn his career around with two newly finished movies Without Malice (2000) (TV) and Universal Groove (2007) and there is a chance of a role in the much-rumored The Lost Boys (1987) sequel.
- 'Brooke McCarter (I)' (qv) managed him up to the mid 1990s until Corey's drug problem caused a fallout.
- Was engaged to 'Nicole Eggert' (qv), whom he credits with helping save his life on a certain occasion: while they were filming one of several movies together, she noticed that Haim was suffering from a narcotic "rush." Eggert promptly drove him to the local hospital where Corey was detoxed. (The irony is that her _"Baywatch" (1989)_ (qv) character, "Lifeguard Summer Quinn," was seldom allowed to do anything nearly as heroic.)
- Favorite food: Pizza, Favorite actress: 'Cybill Shepherd' (qv). Favorite Actor: 'James Dean (I)' (qv).
- Father is French-Canadian.
- Filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in July 1997 in Los Angeles, California, listing debts that included nearly $104,000 to the I.R.S., $100,000 in California taxes and a variety of medical expenses. The document stated that he had few assets, including a 1987 BMW, $100 in cash, $750 worth of clothing and $7,500 in residuals and royalty rights. He also listed a $31,000 pension plan.
- 'Bill Egert' (qv)'s character, "Sean Haim", in the movie _Detour (2002)_ (qv) was named after him, as Egert's favorite actor.
- Formerly engaged to actress 'Tiffany Shepis' (qv). [Oct. 30, 2008].
- Has a half brother named Daniel Lee from his father's second marriage