Dec. 23rd, 1971
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Corey Haim's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2009 - Crank: High Voltage
1992 - Blown Away
1989 - Dream a Little Dream
1988 - Watchers
1988 - License To Drive
1987 - The Lost Boys
1986 - Lucas
1985 - Secret Admirer
1985 - Silver Bullet
1985 - Murphy's Romance
Guest TV Roles
Canadian-born Haim broke into the Film industry in 1984 as a young child caught up in a family war in the hit movie Firstborn (1984). The following year he starred in the TV movie A Time to Live (1985) (TV), for which he received an award, and Silver Bullet (1985). Lucas (1986), in which he starred alongside Charlie Sheen (I) showed his ability, but was not a big hit.
In 1987 he had a breakthrough when he played one of the major roles in Joel Schumacher's The Lost Boys (1987), but his output during the nineties was disappointing. He hopes to turn his career around with two newly finished movies Without Malice (2000) (TV) and Universal Groove (2007) and there is a chance of a role in the much-rumored The Lost Boys (1987) sequel.
- Was engaged to 'Nicole Eggert' (qv), whom he credits with helping save his life on a certain occasion: while they were filming one of several movies together, she noticed that Haim was suffering from a narcotic "rush." Eggert promptly drove him to the local hospital where Corey was detoxed. (The irony is that her _"Baywatch" (1989)_ (qv) character, "Lifeguard Summer Quinn," was seldom allowed to do anything nearly as heroic.)
- Was asked by best friend and frequent co-star 'Corey Feldman' (qv) - while filming the first season of _"The Surreal Life" (2003)_ (qv) - to be his best man at his wedding to 'Susie Feldman' (qv); but unfortunately, due to prior commitments he was not able to attend.
- Mother Judy was born in Israel.
- Auditioned for the role of Dick Grayson/Robin in _Batman Forever (1995)_ (qv).
- 'Brooke McCarter (I)' (qv) managed him up to the mid 1990s until Corey's drug problem caused a fallout.
- Formerly engaged to actress 'Tiffany Shepis' (qv). [Oct. 30, 2008].
- Favorite food: Pizza, Favorite actress: 'Cybill Shepherd' (qv). Favorite Actor: 'James Dean (I)' (qv).
- Got into acting because his mom put him into acting lessons to help him deal with his shyness and it later became a career because his older sister Carol Haim was auditioning for roles.