Feb. 21st, 1989
Brooklyn, New York, USA
Corbin Bleu's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2008 - High School Musical 3: Senior Year
2004 - Catch That Kid
1999 - Galaxy Quest
1999 - Mystery Men
Guest TV Roles
Jordan Allen French
Corbin Bleu Reivers (born February 21, 1989), known professionally as Corbin Bleu, is an American actor, model, dancer, producer, and singer-songwriter. He performed in the High School Musical film series, the Discovery Kids drama series Flight 29 Down, and the Disney Channel Original Movie Jump In!. His first lead role was in the film Catch That Kid (2004).
Bleu was born in Brooklyn, New York City, the son of Martha (née Callari) and David Reivers. His mother is Italian American and his father is Jamaican American. He has three sisters: Jag, Phoenix, and Hunter. As a child, Bleu studied dance for several years, focusing on ballet and jazz.
Bleu graduated from Los Angeles County High School for the Arts. He trained in dancing at the Debbie Allen Dance Academy. He attended the High School of Performing Arts in New York as a theater major, following in his mother's footsteps.
Bleu appeared in television commercials starting at the age two, for products such as Life cereal, Bounty, Hasbro, and Nabisco. It was at that time he also discovered his love for dance when he began taking jazz and ballet classes, usually the only boy in the class. By the age of four he was a model with the Ford Modeling Agency in New York. He appeared in print ads for stores such as Macy's, Gap, Target, and Toys R Us, and fashion spreads in Child, Parent, and American Baby magazines, as well as having his image on toys and game packaging. At age six Corbin appeared in his first professional theater production off Broadway playing an abandon homeless mute in the play Tiny Tim is Dead.
Corbin and his family moved to Los Angeles in 1996 and he quickly landed a recurring role on the television series High Incident (1996). He continued to land small roles in such feature films as Soldier (1998) with 'Kurt Russell', Mystery Men (1999) with 'Ben Stiller', 'William H. Macy', and 'Greg Kinnear', and Galaxy Quest (1999) with 'Tim Allen', 'Sigourney Weaver', and 'Alan Rickman'. He also guest starred on such television shows as ER (1994), Malcolm & Eddie (1996), Cover Me (1999), and The Amanda Show (1999).
In his sophomore year he played the lead role of Ren in the musical Footloose and the role of Sonny in the musical Grease. That same year Corbin was honored with the award of Theatre Student of the Year.
In the summer of 2004 Corbin became a part of the ensemble cast for the new Discovery Kids television series Flight 29 Down (2005), filmed on location in Hawaii on the island of Oahu, it's about a group of teens stranded on a deserted island after a plane crash.
During the summer of 2005 Corbin was cast as Chad in the Disney Channel Original Movie High School Musical (2006) which was directed by 'Kenny Ortega'. Being a big fan of musical theater, Corbin was thrilled to be a part of this musical movie project in which he gets to showcase his dance skills.
On September 4, 2013, he was revealed to be a contestant on the 17th season of Dancing with the Stars. He is partnered with professional dancer 'Karina Smirnoff'.
- His favorite book is The Great Gatsby.
- Appeared in 3 of the 4 highest premier night movies on Disney Channel.
- The first song he ever recorded professionally was titled "Circles" or "Circles In My Mind' for his then TV show Flight 29 Down'. When executives from several record companies heard the song, they became eager to sign him to a contract. He later signed with Hollywood Records and has since released two albums, "Another Side" (2007) and "Speed Of Light" (2009).
- Plays piano and keyboards.
- Has been dancing since he was two.
- He is a frequent volunteer worker, volunteering for charities such as "The Starlight children's foundations", "The Make-A-Wish foundation" and "St Jude's children's research hospital".
- Best friends with 'Ashley Tisdale' (qv), 'Vanessa Hudgens' (qv) and 'Zac Efron' (qv).
- As far as musicians go, Prince has an influence on him but his all-time favourite is Michael Jackson.