Mar. 6th, 1967
Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Connie Britton's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2010 - A Nightmare On Elm Street
2009 - Women in Trouble
2006 - The Last Winter
2004 - Friday Night Lights
2001 - one eyed king
1995 - The Brothers McMullen
Guest TV Roles
Maggie Kimble Hume
Herself - Actress (segment "The Greatest Women of Country Music")
Herself - Guest
Herself - Guest
Connie Britton recently wrapped production on two projects: Universal's Friday Night Lights (2004) directed by Peter Berg (I) and starring opposite Billy Bob Thornton; and Edward Burns (I)' independent feature Looking for Kitty (2004).
She starred in ABC's "Lost at Home" (2003) opposite Mitch Rouse and Gregory Hines. Her other television credits include "The Fighting Fitzgeralds" (2001) opposite Brian Dennehy, a recurring role in the highly-acclaimed drama "The West Wing" (1999) and a starring role in the award-winning comedy "Spin City" (1996) opposite Michael J. Fox (I). Additionally, Britton starred in the recent feature films "The Next Big Thing" and "One Eyed King".
Britton received accolades for her starring roles in Ed Burns' acclaimed independent films "The Brothers McMullen" and "No Looking Back." In the former, she captivated moviegoers with her portrayal of Molly, the luminous wife of a cheating husband. This popular low-budget film went on to win the Grand Jury Prize at the Sundance Film Festival. After nearly canceling her audition with director Ed Burns, this last meeting of the day turned into the role that would launch her career. Born in Boston, Massachusetts, Britton moved to Lynchburg, Virginia, at the age of seven with her family, including her fraternal twin sister. She went on to attend Dartmouth College, where she majored in Asian studies and spent a term in Beijing, China. Upon graduation, she moved to New York, where she spent two years at the Neighborhood Playhouse studying with Sanford Meisner, and an additional two years performing in regional theater and off-Broadway productions. She moved to Los Angeles after the success of "The Brothers McMullen". In her free time, Britton, who resides in both New York and Los Angeles, enjoys hiking, yoga, and doing volunteer work.
- Enjoys hiking, biking, running and doing volunteer work.
- Grew up in Lynchburg, Virginia.
- Plays the wife of the main coach character in both the movie _Friday Night Lights (2004)_ (qv)and its TV adaptation, _"Friday Night Lights" (2006)_ (qv), even though her characters have different names in the two.
- Former roommate of 'Lauren Graham (I)' (qv).
- Has played three characters which all share her first name - _Three Days in Dublin (2010)_ (qv), _The Life Coach (2005)_ (qv) and a guest role in _"The West Wing" (1999)_ (qv).
- Majored in Asian Studies at Dartmouth College.
- Studied Chinese in Beijing for a summer during university