Mar. 6th, 1967
Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Connie Britton's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2015 - American Ultra
2015 - Me & Earl & the Dying Girl
2014 - This Is Where I Leave You
2013 - The To Do List
2013 - Angels Sing
2012 - The Fitzgerald Family Christmas
2012 - Seeking a Friend for the End of the World
2009 - Women in Trouble
2006 - The Lather Effect
2006 - The Last Winter
2004 - Friday Night Lights
2001 - The Next Big Thing
1995 - The Brothers McMullen
Guest TV Roles
Maggie Kimble Hume
Herself - Guest
Connie Britton recently wrapped production on two projects: Universal's _Friday Night Lights (2004) directed by 'Peter Berg' and starring opposite 'Billy Bob Thornton'; and 'Edward Burns' independent feature Looking for Kitty (2004).
She starred in ABC's Lost at Home (2003) opposite 'Mitch Rouse' and 'Gregory Hines'. Her other television credits include The Fighting Fitzgeralds (2001) opposite 'Brian Dennehy', a recurring role in the highly-acclaimed drama The West Wing (1999) and a starring role in the award-winning comedy Spin City (1996) opposite 'Michael J. Fox'. Additionally, Britton starred in the recent feature films "The Next Big Thing and One Eyed King.
Britton received accolades for her starring roles in Ed Burns' acclaimed independent films The Brothers McMullen and No Looking Back. In the former, she captivated moviegoers with her portrayal of Molly, the luminous wife of a cheating husband. This popular low-budget film went on to win the Grand Jury Prize at the Sundance Film Festival. After nearly canceling her audition with director Ed Burns, this last meeting of the day turned into the role that would launch her career.
Born in Boston, Massachusetts, Britton moved to Lynchburg, Virginia, at the age of seven with her family, including her fraternal twin sister. She went on to attend Dartmouth College, where she majored in Asian studies and spent a term in Beijing, China. Upon graduation, she moved to New York, where she spent two years at the Neighborhood Playhouse studying with 'Sanford Meisner', and an additional two years performing in regional theater and off-Broadway productions. She moved to Los Angeles after the success of "The Brothers McMullen". In her free time, Britton, who resides in both New York and Los Angeles, enjoys hiking, yoga, and doing volunteer work.
- Former roommate of 'Lauren Graham (I)' (qv).
- Has played three characters which all share her first name - _Three Days in Dublin (2010)_ (qv), _The Life Coach (2005)_ (qv) and a guest role in _"The West Wing" (1999)_ (qv).
- Plays the wife of the main coach character in both the movie _Friday Night Lights (2004)_ (qv)and its TV adaptation, _"Friday Night Lights" (2006)_ (qv), even though her characters have different names in the two.
- Enjoys hiking, biking, running and doing volunteer work.
- Studied Chinese in Beijing for a summer during university
- Grew up in Lynchburg, Virginia.
- Majored in Asian Studies at Dartmouth College.