Dec. 6th, 1962
Bethnal Green, London, England, UK
Colin Salmon's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Colin Salmon (born December 6, 1962) is a British actor best known for playing Charles Robinson in three James Bond films and James "One" Shade in the Resident Evil film series. He currently has a recurring role as Walter Steele in the CW series Arrow.
Salmon was born in Bethnal Green, London, England, the son of Sylvia Ivy Brudenell Salmon, a nurse. He grew up in Luton and attended Ramridge Primary School and Ashcroft High School.
Salmon with a bold voice and posture, he makes his characters a favorite among audiences for every role he plays. He made his feature debut as Sgt. Robert Oswald in the British mega-hit mini-series Prime Suspect 2 (1992), which gave him much acclaim among British audiences. He has a recurring role in the James Bond films as Charles Robinson, M's Chief of Staff. He has also appeared as the Commander James "One" Shade in the video game-to-movie Resident Evil (2002) and played Oonu, squad leader of the Skybax in the mini-series Dinotopia (2002). His other film credits include Captives (1994), The Wisdom of Crocodiles (1998), Fanny and Elvis (1999), Mind Games (2001), and My Kingdom (2001). His theater credits include Ariadne at London's Queen Elizabeth Hall.
Salmon is a patron of the African-Caribbean Leukaemia Trust and the Richard House Children's Hospice and an ambassador for The Prince's Trust. He is also the chairman of governors at St Anne's Nursery. Salmon is involved in the Notting Hill Carnival and is the dance captain of the Fox Carnival Band.
Salmon married Fiona Hawthorne in 1988 and the couple have four children: Sasha, Rudi, Eden and Ben.
In September 2010, Salmon was invited by his friend 'Samuel L. Jackson' to Switzerland for Shooting Stars Benefits 2010 Golf Tournaments. The golf competition raised money for the Samuel L. Jackson Foundation and the Swiss Red Cross to go towards a new hospital in Takéo Province, one of Cambodia's poorest provinces. In 2009 he became a co-founder of Cage Cricket with Trevor McArdle and Lawrence Prittipaul.
Salmon is a supporter of Luton Town.
- Plays the drums and is an acclaimed jazz trumpeter. While filming the role of the trumpet-playing character Note Makoti in _"The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency" (2008)_ (qv), he performed the concert scene himself.
- His role in _AVP: Alien vs. Predator (2004)_ (qv) was written specifically for him.
- Is ranked in People Magazine's 50 Most Beautiful People in the World. 
- Once suggested by 'Pierce Brosnan' (qv) as an excellent candidate for the role of James Bond.
- He was a guest call taker for the phone lines of the donations to The Prince's Trust 30th Birthday: Live.
- Son of Nurse Sylvia Ivy Brudenell Salmon (d. 22 September 1986).
- Governor of Apple Computer's notschool.net program.
- Has a sister, Trudie.