Nov. 24th, 1977
Sacramento, California, USA
6' 1 1/2
Colin Hanks' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2010 - High School
2008 - The Great Buck Howard
2008 - The House Bunny
2008 - Untraceable
2008 - My Mom's New Boyfriend
2008 - W.
2007 - Careless
2005 - King Kong
2005 - Tenacious D in The Pick of Destiny
2005 - Rx
2003 - 11:14
2002 - Orange County
2001 - Get Over It
2000 - Whatever It Takes
1996 - That Thing You Do!
Guest TV Roles
Sam Witwicky (Voiced)
Hanks was born and raised in Sacramento, California, the oldest son of actor Tom Hanks and his first wife, the late producer and actress Samantha Lewes (née Dillingham), who died of bone cancer on March 12, 2002. His name was changed to Hanks after his parents married in 1978. He has a sister, Elizabeth (born 1982), and two younger paternal half-brothers, Chester Marlon Hanks (born 1990) and Truman Theodore Hanks (born 1995), from his father's second marriage, to actress Rita Wilson. Hanks attended Sacramento Country Day School, and then Chapman University, before transferring to and graduating from Loyola Marymount University.
- Went to Chapman University in Orange County, where his father filmed _That Thing You Do! (1996)_ (qv) using his friends as extras, then transferred to Loyola.
- The TV series _"The O.C." (2003)_ (qv) was originally to be called "Orange County" but the title was changed due to the film of the same name. Hanks has appeared in both the film and the series.
- Nephew of 'Jim Hanks (I)' (qv).
- His mother, 'Samantha Lewes' (qv), died of bone cancer on March 13, 2002.
- His last name at birth was Dillingham, his mother's name, but he changed it to Hanks after his parents married.
- Born exactly one year before 'Katherine Heigl' (qv).
- Has two half brothers, Chester b. 1990 and Truman b. 1995
- Collaborated with Meg Ryan in "My mom's new boyfriend" (2008). His father Tom Hanks starred with Meg Ryan in 3 movies - Joe Versus The Volcano (1990), Sleepless in Seattle (1993) and You've Got Mail (1998).