Nov. 24th, 1977
Sacramento, California, USA
Colin Hanks' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Colin Hanks (born Colin Lewes Dillingham; November 24, 1977) is an American actor. Hanks is best known for starring in the 2002 film Orange County, as well as television roles including Alex Whitman in Roswell, Henry Jones in Band of Brothers, Travis Marshall in Dexter and Officer Gus Grimly in Fargo, as well as co-starring in the 2010 Fox TV series The Good Guys.
Hanks was born and raised in Sacramento, California, the oldest son of actor 'Tom Hanks' and his first wife, the late producer and actress Samantha Lewes (née Dillingham), who died of bone cancer (March 12, 2002). His name was changed to Hanks after his parents married in 1978. He has a sister, Elizabeth (born 1982), and two younger paternal half-brothers, Chester Marlon Hanks (born 1990) and Truman Theodore Hanks (born 1995), from his father's second marriage, to actress 'Rita Wilson'. Hanks attended Sacramento Country Day School, and then Chapman University, before transferring to and graduating from Loyola Marymount University.
- Has a dog named Taz.
- His last name at birth was Dillingham, his mother's name, but he changed it to Hanks after his parents married.
- Auditioned for a role in director 'Cameron Crowe (I)' (qv)'s _Elizabethtown (2005)_ (qv) but lost out to 'Orlando Bloom' (qv).
- Collaborated with Meg Ryan in "My mom's new boyfriend" (2008). His father Tom Hanks starred with Meg Ryan in 3 movies - Joe Versus The Volcano (1990), Sleepless in Seattle (1993) and You've Got Mail (1998).
- Son of 'Tom Hanks' (qv) and 'Samantha Lewes' (qv)
- Engaged to publicist Samantha Bryant [June 10, 2009].
- Was named one of the 25 Hottest Bachelors by People Magazine (2003)
- Nephew of 'Jim Hanks (I)' (qv).