May. 31st, 1976
Castleknock, Dublin, Ireland
Colin Farrell's Main TV Roles[no roles found]
Main Movie Roles2009 - Triage
2009 - Crazy Heart
2009 - The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus
2008 - Pride and Glory
2008 - In Bruges
2007 - Cassandra's Dream
2006 - Ask the Dust
2006 - Miami Vice
2005 - The New World
2004 - Alexander
2003 - The Recruit
2003 - S.W.A.T.
2003 - Daredevil
2003 - Veronica Guerin
2003 - Intermission
2002 - Phone Booth
2002 - Hart's War
2002 - Minority Report
2001 - American Outlaws
2000 - Tigerland
2000 - Ordinary Decent Criminal
1999 - The War Zone
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Host
A native of Dublin, Ireland, Colin Farrell began turning heads in Hollywood when he starred in Joel Schumacher's Tigerland (2000), the story of American soldiers taken to the backwoods of Louisiana in 1971 to play war games in preparation for their first tour of duty in Vietnam. He garnered a Best Actor Award from the Boston Society of Film Critics for his portrayal of Bozz, a roughneck Texan recruit who helps his boot-camp buddies avoid Vietnam combat. Farrell also starred alongside Kevin Spacey in 'Thaddeus OSullivan's Dublin gangster movie Ordinary Decent Criminal (2000). It was Spacey who suggested him for the part after catching Farrell's riveting performance in the play "In a Little World of Our Own" at the Donmar Warehouse in London.
Born on May 31, 1976, Farrell studied acting at the Gaiety School of Drama in Dublin and had established himself as a recognizable talent back home with a starring role in the BBC series "Ballykissangel" (1996) and Deirdre Purcell's miniseries Falling for a Dancer (1998) (TV), in addition to a featured role in Tim Roth (I)'s directorial debut, The War Zone (1999). After "Tigerland", Farrell took on the role of Jesse James in American Outlaws (2001). Farrell then had a starring role in Phone Booth (2002), reuniting him with director Schumacher. He also co-starred with Bruce Willis in Hart's War (2002), which was shot on location in Prague, Czech Republic. Along the way Farrell has managed to work with legendary directors such as Steven Spielberg in Minority Report (2002). All this has happened for Colin by the age of 25, making him one of Hollywood's A-list young actors.
- On his left ring finger, above the knuckle he has the name "Millie" tattooed. "Millie" was a nickname for his first wife, 'Amelia Warner' (qv).
- His son James has Angelman Syndrome, a rare genetic disorder.
- Was a line dancing instructor in a nightclub in Limerick called Docs (now known as Trinity Rooms).
- Former son-in-law of actress 'Annette Ekblom' (qv).
- The youngest of the four children, he has one brother Eamon Farrell and two sisters: 'Catherine Farrell (III)' (qv) and 'Claudine Farrell' (qv).
- Son of Irish football player, Eamon Farrell.
- Considered for the part of James Bond in _Casino Royale (2006)_ (qv).
- One of his favourites books is "When Nietzsche wept" by Irvin D. Yalom.