Apr. 30th, 1926
Des Moines, Iowa, USA
5' 5 1/2"
Guest TV Roles
- She is a member of the Gamma Phi Beta sorority.
- Measurements: 37C-21-34 (as Miss Chicago 1946), (Source: Celebrity Sleuth magazine)
- Her classmates at the Drama Department of Northwestern University included 'Paul Lynde' (qv), 'Charlotte Rae' (qv), 'Martha Hyer' (qv), 'Patricia Neal' (qv) and 'Agnes Nixon' (qv).
- Tossed the coin flip for the 95th Rose Bowl game between the Penn State Nittany Lions and the University of Southern California Trojans on January 1, 2009.
- Has won 9 Emmy awards (including one Daytime Emmy award), more than any actor or actress.
- Only actress who has won five Emmys in five separate categories.
- Close friend of 'Phyllis Love (I)' (qv). They attended Roosevelt High School, together, in Des Moines, Iowa.
- Has 5 grandchildren (including granddaughter Skye Englund).