Apr. 30th, 1926
Des Moines, Iowa, USA
5' 5 1/2"
Guest TV Roles[none found]
- She was awarded the 1978 Joseph Jefferson Award for Guest Artist for her performance in the play, "Twigs," at the Marriott Theatre in Chicago, Illinois.
- She is a member of the Gamma Phi Beta sorority.
- She is left-handed.
- Miss Chicago of 1946 - Miss America contest.
- One son, 'Bryan Englund' (qv), died of an overdose of ulcer medication in 1986.
- Her classmates at the Drama Department of Northwestern University included 'Paul Lynde' (qv), 'Charlotte Rae' (qv), 'Martha Hyer' (qv), 'Patricia Neal' (qv) and 'Agnes Nixon' (qv).
- Attended Northwestern University (Evanston, IL).
- Served as Grand Marshal of the 120th Rose Parade on January 1, 2009.