Apr. 7th, 1952
New York City, New York, USA
Clarke Peters' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2009 - Brief Interviews with Hideous Men
2009 - Endgame
2008 - Gigantic
2006 - Freedomland
2003 - Head of State
2001 - K-PAX
1999 - Notting Hill
1986 - Mona Lisa
1981 - Outland
1980 - Silver Dream Racer
Guest TV Roles
Clarke Peters (born Peter Clarke; April 7, 1952) as the second of four sons, in New York City, and grew up in Englewood, New Jersy. At the age of 12, he had his first theater experience, in a school production of My Fair Lady. He began to have serious ambitions to work in the theater at the age of 14. He graduated from Dwight Morrow High School in 1970.
Shortly before he left the United States, he was arrested for obstructing police lines after an anti-Vietnam war demonstration, but was cleared. He later said of this experience: "It made me more angry than anything else, because what I experienced was how impotent you could be as an American citizen".
- He was nominated for a 1999 Laurence Olivier Theatre Award for the 1998 season for Best Actor in a Musical for Chicago!
- He has lived in London, England since the 1970's.
- Was nominated for Broadway's 1992 Tony Award as Best Book (Musical) for "Five Guy Named Moe."
- Father of 'Joe Jacobs (III)' (qv).
- Grew up in Englewood, New Jersey.