Apr. 7th, 1952
New York City, New York, USA
Clarke Peters' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Clarke Peters (born Peter Clarke; April 7, 1952) as the second of four sons, in New York City, and grew up in Englewood, New Jersy. At the age of 12, he had his first theater experience, in a school production of My Fair Lady. He began to have serious ambitions to work in the theater at the age of 14. He graduated from Dwight Morrow High School in 1970.
Shortly before he left the United States, he was arrested for obstructing police lines after an anti-Vietnam war demonstration, but was cleared. He later said of this experience: "It made me more angry than anything else, because what I experienced was how impotent you could be as an American citizen".
- He was nominated for a 1999 Laurence Olivier Theatre Award for the 1998 season for Best Actor in a Musical for Chicago!
- He has lived in London, England since the 1970's.
- Grew up in Englewood, New Jersey.
- Father of 'Joe Jacobs (III)' (qv).
- Was nominated for Broadway's 1992 Tony Award as Best Book (Musical) for "Five Guy Named Moe."