Aug. 22nd, 1947
Van Nuys, California, USA
Cindy Williams' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles1997 - Meet Wally Sparks
1991 - Bingo
1989 - Big Man on Campus
1989 - Rude Awakening
1985 - UFOria
1983 - The Creature Wasn't Nice
1976 - The First Nudie Musical
1974 - The Conversation
1973 - The Killing Kind
1973 - American Graffiti
1972 - Beware! The Blob
1972 - Travels With My Aunt
Guest TV Roles
Mary Ellen Doyle
Karen Brown (segment "Love and the Time Machine")
Gerri Poveri (Voiced)
Cindy Williams was born Cynthia Williams in Van Nuys, California on August 22, 1947. The Leo is 5'4" and, during her first years on "Laverne & Shirley" (1976), weighed a dainty 105 lbs. The brown haired, blue-eyed female was born the daughter of Francesca Bellini and Beachard Williams. Her family was very poor (her father was an electronic technician), and Cindy grew up not in poverty, but close. She has one sister, Carol Ann Williams, and a step-brother, Jim. As a child, she dreamed of being an actress. She used to create and preform her own plays and, as she grew, she wished that one day, Debbie Reynolds (I) would see her in one of those amateur shows and whisk her away and put her in a film. Another thing that brought fame to her eyes was her father (who was also an alcoholic)'s imitations of comics like Jackie Gleason (I) and Milton Berle. Her first step to fame was a movie in which she tapped danced with Gene Kelly (I). She also stepped on Mr. Kelly's foot and was "really embarrassed" as she states. Her next big role was in American Graffiti (1973), as Ron Howard (I)'s girlfriend. Soon, she was set up in a writing team with Penny Marshall (I) and the girls were called by Penny's brother, Garry Marshall, to do a stint as two fast girls on "Happy Days" (1974). The public received them so warmly that Cindy soon got her own show (along with Penny) and was referred to everywhere as "Shirley Feeney". She left the show in '82 due to a pregnancy from husband Bill Hudson (I) who had previously been married to actress Goldie Hawn. She has gone on to make a few movies, help produce "The Father Of The Bride" movies with husband Bill, do Jenny Craig commercials and do guest spots on the TV show "For Your Love" (1998).
- Best remembered as "Shirley Feeney" on _"Laverne & Shirley" (1976)_ (qv).
- Majored in theatre arts at Los Angeles City College.
- Dated _"Laverne & Shirley" (1976)_ (qv) co-star 'David L. Lander' (qv).
- Auditioned for the part of Princess Leia in the original _Star Wars (1977)_ (qv).
- She graduated from Birmingham High School in Van Nuys, CA and went to Los Angeles City College.
- Co-starred with _"Laverne & Shirley" (1976)_ (qv) cast member 'Eddie Mekka' (qv) in a record-breaking tour of "Grease".
- Favorite actress is 'Debbie Reynolds (I)' (qv).
- In 2000, a senior research fellow at MIT, who also has the name Cindy Williams, wrote an op-ed article submitted to the Washington Post in which she questioned a proposed 25% pay raise for the military. Many people since then have incorrectly assumed that the person who wrote the article was the famous actress, and Cindy Williams the actress has been trying to correct that misconception ever since. She laments receiving criticism and even hate mail for something she never wrote.