Aug. 22nd, 1947
Van Nuys, California, USA
Cindy Williams' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Cindy Williams was born Cynthia Williams in Van Nuys, California on August 22, 1947. The Leo is 5'4" and, during her first years on "Laverne & Shirley" (1976), weighed a dainty 105 lbs. The brown haired, blue-eyed female was born the daughter of Francesca Bellini and Beachard Williams. Her family was very poor (her father was an electronic technician), and Cindy grew up not in poverty, but close. She has one sister, Carol Ann Williams, and a step-brother, Jim. As a child, she dreamed of being an actress. She used to create and preform her own plays and, as she grew, she wished that one day, Debbie Reynolds (I) would see her in one of those amateur shows and whisk her away and put her in a film. Another thing that brought fame to her eyes was her father (who was also an alcoholic)'s imitations of comics like Jackie Gleason (I) and Milton Berle. Her first step to fame was a movie in which she tapped danced with Gene Kelly (I). She also stepped on Mr. Kelly's foot and was "really embarrassed" as she states. Her next big role was in American Graffiti (1973), as Ron Howard (I)'s girlfriend. Soon, she was set up in a writing team with Penny Marshall (I) and the girls were called by Penny's brother, Garry Marshall, to do a stint as two fast girls on "Happy Days" (1974). The public received them so warmly that Cindy soon got her own show (along with Penny) and was referred to everywhere as "Shirley Feeney". She left the show in '82 due to a pregnancy from husband Bill Hudson (I) who had previously been married to actress Goldie Hawn. She has gone on to make a few movies, help produce "The Father Of The Bride" movies with husband Bill, do Jenny Craig commercials and do guest spots on the TV show "For Your Love" (1998).
- Has two children, Emily and Zachary.
- She attended the "Hollywood Collectors & Celebrities Show" at 'Beverly Garland (I)' (qv)'s Holiday Inn, in North Hollywood, California.
- Ex-stepmother of 'Kate Hudson (I)' (qv) and 'Oliver Hudson (I)' (qv).
- Before her marriage, was a sometime girlfriend/lover of the late 'Andy Kaufman (I)' (qv).
- Dated _"Laverne & Shirley" (1976)_ (qv) co-star 'David L. Lander' (qv).
- Was on the bowling and volleyball teams in high school.
- Auditioned for the part of Princess Leia in the original _Star Wars (1977)_ (qv).
- Favorite actress is 'Debbie Reynolds (I)' (qv).