Mar. 10th, 1940
Ryan, Oklahoma, USA
Chuck Norris' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2005 - The Cutter
2004 - DodgeBall: A True Underdog Story
2003 - Bells of Innocence
1995 - Top Dog
1992 - Sidekicks
1991 - The Hitman
1988 - Braddock: Missing in Action III
1988 - Hero and the Terror
1986 - The Delta Force
1986 - Firewalker
1985 - Missing in Action 2: The Beginning
1985 - Invasion U.S.A.
1985 - Code of silence
1984 - Missing in Action
1983 - Lone Wolf McQuade
1982 - Forced Vengeance
1982 - Silent Rage
1981 - An Eye For An Eye
1980 - The Octagon
1979 - A Force of One
1978 - Game of Death
1978 - Good Guys Wear Black
1977 - Breaker! Breaker!
1969 - The Wrecking Crew
Guest TV Roles
Chuck Norris is an Executive Producer of "Walker, Texas Ranger" (1993) as well as the star. Norris is familiar to fans worldwide as the star of action films such as The Hitman (1991), The Delta Force (1986) and Delta Force 2: The Colombian Connection (1990). He also starred in Missing in Action (1984) and its sequels, Firewalker (1986) and Sidekicks (1992). Norris was born Carlos Ray in Ryan, OK. The eldest of three children, he helped his mother raise his two younger brothers in Torrance, CA, where his family moved when he was 12. Norris joined the Air Force after graduating from high school. During a stint in Korea, he began to study the Asian martial art of Tang Soo Do. After returning home, he worked for Northrop Aviation and moonlighted as a karate instructor. Two years later he was teaching full-time and running a number of martial-arts schools. His students included Steve McQueen (I), Priscilla Presley and the Osmonds. In 1968, he became the Professional World Middleweight Karate Champion, holding the title undefeated until he retired in 1974. He is a black belt in Tang Soo Do and Tae Kwan Do, both Korean fighting arts, and knows all forms of the martial arts. In 1969, he earned the Triple Crown for the highest number of tournament wins, and was named Fighter of the Year by "Black Belt" magazine. By the time he was 34, Norris had established 32 karate schools and had been a champion for six years. In 1996, he became the first Westerner to be awarded an eighth-degree black belt in Tae Kwan Do. Norris, who was urged to get into acting by his friend Steve McQueen (I), skillfully incorporates his martial-arts knowledge into his series and feature film projects, stressing action and technique over violence. He is the author of the books "The Secret of Inner Strength" and "The Secret Power Within - Zen Solutions to Real Problems". He works for many charities, including the Funds for Kids, Veterans Administration National Salute to Hospitalized Veterans, the United Way, Make-a-Wish Foundation and KickStart, a nonprofit organization he created to help battle drugs and violence in schools. He also starred in the television movie Bound by Honor (1993), broadcast on CBS. He lives on a ranch when not filming. His birthday is March 10.
- He is a born again Christian.
- 1004: Actively supported 'George W. Bush' (qv)'s campaign to become Governor of Texas.
- Won in 2006 "The Jewish Humanitarian Man of the Year Award."
- He was the karate teacher of father-son actors 'Steve McQueen (I)' (qv) and 'Chad McQueen' (qv). The elder McQueen encouraged Norris to pursue a career in movies and television; allegedly, he told Chuck: "If you can't do anything else, there's always acting."
- Father of 'Mike Norris (I)' (qv) and 'Eric Norris' (qv), the latter of whom is a professional stock car driver. Chuck also has a daughter named Dina, born in 1964. Diane Holechek is the mother of Chuck's aforementioned kids; of those three, Dina is the only one not mentioned in Chuck's 1980's autobiography, "The Secret Of Inner Strength: My Story." More recently, Chuck and Gena O'Kelly (his second wife) welcomed opposite-sex twins Dakota Alan (the boy) and Danilee Kelly (the girl). The twins' birthday is August 30, 2001.
- Served in the U.S. Air Force.
- Is a Black Belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu under the Machado Brothers.
- 8/30/01: Twins Dakota Alan and Danilee Kelly, with Gena O'Kelley, born.