Mar. 10th, 1940
Ryan, Oklahoma, USA
Chuck Norris' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2015 - Electric Boogaloo: The Wild, Untold Story of Cannon Films
2012 - The Expendables 2
2005 - The Cutter
2004 - DodgeBall: A True Underdog Story
2003 - Bells of Innocence
1995 - Top Dog
1993 - The Curse of the Dragon
1992 - Sidekicks
1991 - The Hitman
1991 - The Hitman
1988 - Braddock: Missing in Action III
1988 - Hero and the Terror
1986 - The Delta Force
1986 - Firewalker
1985 - Missing in Action 2: The Beginning
1985 - Invasion U.S.A.
1984 - Missing in Action
1983 - Lone Wolf McQuade
1982 - Forced Vengeance
1982 - Silent Rage
1980 - The Octagon
1979 - A Force of One
1978 - Good Guys Wear Black
1978 - Game of Death
1977 - Breaker! Breaker!
Guest TV Roles
Chuck Norris is an Executive Producer of "Walker, Texas Ranger" (1993) as well as the star. Norris is familiar to fans worldwide as the star of action films such as The Hitman (1991), The Delta Force (1986) and Delta Force 2: The Colombian Connection (1990). He also starred in Missing in Action (1984) and its sequels, Firewalker (1986) and Sidekicks (1992). Norris was born Carlos Ray in Ryan, OK. The eldest of three children, he helped his mother raise his two younger brothers in Torrance, CA, where his family moved when he was 12. Norris joined the Air Force after graduating from high school. During a stint in Korea, he began to study the Asian martial art of Tang Soo Do. After returning home, he worked for Northrop Aviation and moonlighted as a karate instructor. Two years later he was teaching full-time and running a number of martial-arts schools. His students included Steve McQueen (I), Priscilla Presley and the Osmonds. In 1968, he became the Professional World Middleweight Karate Champion, holding the title undefeated until he retired in 1974. He is a black belt in Tang Soo Do and Tae Kwan Do, both Korean fighting arts, and knows all forms of the martial arts. In 1969, he earned the Triple Crown for the highest number of tournament wins, and was named Fighter of the Year by "Black Belt" magazine. By the time he was 34, Norris had established 32 karate schools and had been a champion for six years. In 1996, he became the first Westerner to be awarded an eighth-degree black belt in Tae Kwan Do. Norris, who was urged to get into acting by his friend Steve McQueen (I), skillfully incorporates his martial-arts knowledge into his series and feature film projects, stressing action and technique over violence. He is the author of the books "The Secret of Inner Strength" and "The Secret Power Within - Zen Solutions to Real Problems". He works for many charities, including the Funds for Kids, Veterans Administration National Salute to Hospitalized Veterans, the United Way, Make-a-Wish Foundation and KickStart, a nonprofit organization he created to help battle drugs and violence in schools. He also starred in the television movie Bound by Honor (1993), broadcast on CBS. He lives on a ranch when not filming. His birthday is March 10.
- 6-time World Karate Champion; among those he faced for this title are fellow actors 'Joe Lewis (II)' (qv) and 'Steve Sanders (V)' (qv).
- Despite their vast political differences, he is friends with actress and comedienne 'Whoopi Goldberg' (qv). He was so impressed with a performance of hers that he tried, unsuccessfully, to get her a role in his film _Invasion U.S.A. (1985)_ (qv).
- Close friend and admirer of 'Sean Hannity' (qv).
- 2/14/06: Attended a Valentine's Day celebration at the White House, wearing black boots with his tuxedo. Singer 'Michael Feinstein (I)' (qv) capped the romantic evening by serenading the crowd, which included new Supreme Court Justice 'Samuel Alito' (qv), singer 'Wayne Newton' (qv) and Senators 'Mitch McConnell' (qv) and 'Joseph Lieberman (I)' (qv).
- Father of 'Mike Norris (I)' (qv) and 'Eric Norris' (qv), the latter of whom is a professional stock car driver. Chuck also has a daughter named Dina, born in 1964. Diane Holechek is the mother of Chuck's aforementioned kids; of those three, Dina is the only one not mentioned in Chuck's 1980's autobiography, "The Secret Of Inner Strength: My Story." More recently, Chuck and Gena O'Kelly (his second wife) welcomed opposite-sex twins Dakota Alan (the boy) and Danilee Kelly (the girl). The twins' birthday is August 30, 2001.
- Is only one of three Americans to achieve eighth-degree black belt status in tae-kwon-do.
- Was a guest star on _"The Price Is Right Million Dollar Spectacular" (2003)_ (qv) honoring 'Bob Barker (I)' (qv)'s 80th birthday. Other celebrity guests included 'CÚline Dion' (qv), 'Ray Romano (I)' (qv), 'Charlie Sheen (I)' (qv) and 'Larry King (I)' (qv).
- Publicly condemned _The Golden Compass (2007)_ (qv) as anti-Christian.