Mar. 10th, 1940
Ryan, Oklahoma, USA
Chuck Norris' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2005 - The Cutter
2004 - DodgeBall: A True Underdog Story
2003 - Bells of Innocence
1995 - Top Dog
1992 - Sidekicks
1991 - The Hitman
1988 - Braddock: Missing in Action III
1988 - Hero and the Terror
1986 - The Delta Force
1986 - Firewalker
1985 - Missing in Action 2: The Beginning
1985 - Invasion U.S.A.
1985 - Code of silence
1984 - Missing in Action
1983 - Lone Wolf McQuade
1982 - Forced Vengeance
1982 - Silent Rage
1981 - An Eye For An Eye
1980 - The Octagon
1979 - A Force of One
1978 - Game of Death
1978 - Good Guys Wear Black
1977 - Breaker! Breaker!
1969 - The Wrecking Crew
Guest TV Roles
Chuck Norris is an Executive Producer of "Walker, Texas Ranger" (1993) as well as the star. Norris is familiar to fans worldwide as the star of action films such as The Hitman (1991), The Delta Force (1986) and Delta Force 2: The Colombian Connection (1990). He also starred in Missing in Action (1984) and its sequels, Firewalker (1986) and Sidekicks (1992). Norris was born Carlos Ray in Ryan, OK. The eldest of three children, he helped his mother raise his two younger brothers in Torrance, CA, where his family moved when he was 12. Norris joined the Air Force after graduating from high school. During a stint in Korea, he began to study the Asian martial art of Tang Soo Do. After returning home, he worked for Northrop Aviation and moonlighted as a karate instructor. Two years later he was teaching full-time and running a number of martial-arts schools. His students included Steve McQueen (I), Priscilla Presley and the Osmonds. In 1968, he became the Professional World Middleweight Karate Champion, holding the title undefeated until he retired in 1974. He is a black belt in Tang Soo Do and Tae Kwan Do, both Korean fighting arts, and knows all forms of the martial arts. In 1969, he earned the Triple Crown for the highest number of tournament wins, and was named Fighter of the Year by "Black Belt" magazine. By the time he was 34, Norris had established 32 karate schools and had been a champion for six years. In 1996, he became the first Westerner to be awarded an eighth-degree black belt in Tae Kwan Do. Norris, who was urged to get into acting by his friend Steve McQueen (I), skillfully incorporates his martial-arts knowledge into his series and feature film projects, stressing action and technique over violence. He is the author of the books "The Secret of Inner Strength" and "The Secret Power Within - Zen Solutions to Real Problems". He works for many charities, including the Funds for Kids, Veterans Administration National Salute to Hospitalized Veterans, the United Way, Make-a-Wish Foundation and KickStart, a nonprofit organization he created to help battle drugs and violence in schools. He also starred in the television movie Bound by Honor (1993), broadcast on CBS. He lives on a ranch when not filming. His birthday is March 10.
- A website known as "Chuck Norris Facts" has been created as a parody of his career. Chuck is not offended by the website, in fact, has said he feels honored to have a website named after him and says he laughs when he reads the facts.
- Close friend and admirer of 'Sean Hannity' (qv).
- Attended Hamilton Junior High School in Houston, Texas in the early 1960s before moving to Torrance, California.
- Has 3 grandchildren by son 'Eric Norris' (qv); these include fellow actress 'Gabby Di Ciolli' (qv).
- Had a daughter out of wedlock in 1964. He did not see her until she was 26.
- 1/20/01: Attended the first inauguration of President 'George W. Bush' (qv) along with fellow longtime Republican supporters 'Sylvester Stallone' (qv) and 'Robert Duvall' (qv).
- He is a close friend of President 'George W. Bush' (qv) and his father, former President 'George Bush (I)' (qv).
- Participated on the TV show _"The Contender" (2005)_ (qv) with fellow action superstar 'Sylvester Stallone' (qv).