Mar. 31st, 1943
Queens, New York, USA
Christopher Walken's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Nervous-looking lead and supporting actor of the American stage and films. He won an Oscar as best supporting actor for his performance in The Deer Hunter (1978). Seen in mostly supporting roles throughout the 80s and early 90s, often portraying psychologically unstable characters.
- Ranked #1 on Tropopkin's Top 25 Most Intriguing People [Issue #100]
- His wife, 'Georgianne Walken' (qv), and his brothers, 'Ken Walken' (qv) & 'Glenn Walken' (qv), still call him "Ronnie".
- Frequently works with director 'Tim Burton (I)' (qv).
- Attended the Professional Children's School.
- Has never learned to swim.
- Said in an interview (July 2005) with the German magazine "Der Spiegel" that his father was a German baker from Essen, Germany.
- Was considered for the role of Capt. Jack Sparrow in _Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl (2003)_ (qv).
- Was assaulted in a street in New York in 1980 when he asked two men to turn down their music. His nose was broken in the incident.