Mar. 31st, 1943
Queens, New York, USA
Christopher Walken's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Nervous-looking lead and supporting actor of the American stage and films. He won an Oscar as best supporting actor for his performance in The Deer Hunter (1978). Seen in mostly supporting roles throughout the 80s and early 90s, often portraying psychologically unstable characters.
- Quit smoking cigarettes in his late thirties.
- A frequent host of _"Saturday Night Live" (1975)_ (qv), he has also been parodied on the show by 'Jay Mohr' (qv). The youngest ever regular cast member was 'Anthony Michael Hall' (qv), who succeeded him in the television series based on _The Dead Zone (1983)_ (qv), and who, like Walken, has appeared in the Batman film series.
- Has different-colored eyes (one blue and one hazel). This is a condition known as heterochromia.
- Brother of 'Glenn Walken' (qv) and 'Ken Walken' (qv).
- Had read 'Edgar Allan Poe' (qv)'s "The Raven" for an audio book.
- Was assaulted in a street in New York in 1980 when he asked two men to turn down their music. His nose was broken in the incident.
- He lives in his house in the country, while his wife lives in their New York apartment. Walken says the only people he sees when he is not working are the garbage men.
- He has been a huge fan of 'Elvis Presley' (qv) since his mid-teens.