Mar. 31st, 1943
Queens, New York, USA
Christopher Walken's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Nervous-looking lead and supporting actor of the American stage and films. He won an Oscar as best supporting actor for his performance in The Deer Hunter (1978). Seen in mostly supporting roles throughout the 80s and early 90s, often portraying psychologically unstable characters.
- He appeared on _"Saturday Night Live" (1975)_ (qv) doing a Christmas medley called "Walken In A Winter Wonderland" which he dedicated to his mother who hated that he played so many villains.
- Received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame [October 8, 2004].
- Has never learned to swim.
- Brother of 'Glenn Walken' (qv) and 'Ken Walken' (qv).
- In order to achieve the gaunt, withdrawn and hollow look of his character in _The Deer Hunter (1978)_ (qv), it's reported that he ate a diet consisting of only rice and bananas in preparation for this film.
- Received the Shakespeare Theater's Will Award in 1994 for his contributions to classical theater.
- Lost out to 'Ryan O'Neal' (qv) for the romantic lead in _Love Story (1970)_ (qv).
- Was nominated for Broadway's 2000 Tony Award as Best Actor (Musical) for "'James Joyce (I)' (qv)'s The Dead."