Mar. 31st, 1943
Queens, New York, USA
Guest TV Roles
Christopher Walken (Voiced)
Maximillion 'Max' Zorin
Nervous-looking lead and supporting actor of the American stage and films. He won an Oscar as best supporting actor for his performance in The Deer Hunter (1978). Seen in mostly supporting roles throughout the 80s and early 90s, often portraying psychologically unstable characters.
- When he did the Russian roulette scene in _The Deer Hunter (1978)_ (qv), he was remembering being sent to summer camp by his parents, which he hated. He felt betrayed, ostracized, alone - which he felt the character was experiencing at that point in the film.
- Quit smoking cigarettes in his late thirties.
- In the early 1960s he earned a job as one of three men dancing and singing with 'Andy Warhol' (qv) favorite 'Monique van Vooren' (qv) in her sultry nightclub act.
- The son of a baker.
- Had read 'Edgar Allan Poe' (qv)'s "The Raven" for an audio book.
- Was 'George Lucas (I)' (qv)' second choice for the role of Han Solo in _Star Wars (1977)_ (qv).
- Received Harvard's "Hasty Pudding Man of the Year" award on February 15, 2008.
- Received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame [October 8, 2004].