Apr. 2nd, 1961
Washington, District of Columbia, USA
Christopher Meloni's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Christopher Peter Meloni is an American actor. He is known for his television roles as NYPD Detective Elliot Stabler on the NBC police drama Law & Order: Special Victims Unit and as inmate Chris Keller on the HBO prison drama Oz.
- Originally from Washington DC, Chris now lives in New York with his production designer wife, 'Sherman Williams (I)' (qv). Chris worked as a construction worker prior to getting his acting break. He got a degree in history at the University of Colorado.
- Daughter Sophia Eva Pietra, born in Los Angeles on March 23, 2001. Son Dante Amadeo, born in New York on January 2, 2004. Both were born by a surrogate mother.
- Was scheduled to appear on _"Inside the Actors Studio" (1994)_ (qv) with 'Dick Wolf (I)' (qv), 'Chris Noth' (qv), and 'S. Epatha Merkerson' (qv), but had to back out due to an illness.
- An accomplished card shark.
- Is half Italian, half French-Canadian (Quebecois)
- Used to work as a bouncer, a bartender, and a personal trainer before launching his acting career.
- He wears a fake tattoo of the United States Marine Corps emblem (the Eagle, Globe, and Anchor) on his arm for his role in SVU (as seen in Law & Order: Special Victims Unit Season 7 episodes, Season 8, Episode 8: "Underbelly" and Season 6, Episode 5: "Outcry".) He has a real tattoo of a butterfly on his upper thigh, and a cubist representation of the crucifixion of Christ tattooed on his upper left arm.
- Is often said to resemble a young 'Robert De Niro' (qv).