Oct. 22nd, 1938
Stamford, Connecticut, USA
Guest TV Roles
Dr. Cletus Poffenberger
Himself - Interviewee
Dr. Emmett Brown (Voiced)
Professor B.O. Beanes
Lloyd was born in Stamford, Connecticut, the son of Samuel R. Lloyd, a lawyer, and his wife Ruth (née Lapham), a singer and sister of San Francisco mayor Roger Lapham. He is the youngest of four girls and three boys, one of whom, Samuel Lloyd, was an actor in the 1950s and 1960s. Lloyd's maternal grandfather, Lewis Lapham, was one of the founders of the Texaco oil company, and Lloyd is also a descendant of Mayflower passengers including John Howland. Lloyd was raised in New Canaan, Connecticut.
- His _"Taxi" (1978)_ (qv) character, Reverend Jim, was a big fan of the original _"Star Trek" (1966)_ (qv). Lloyd later went on to play the Klingon commander Kruge in _Star Trek III: The Search for Spock (1984)_ (qv).
- In a scene in _Back to the Future (1985)_ (qv), his character Dr. Emmett L. "Doc" Brown, hangs on the arm of a large clock. This mimics a stunt done by 'Harold Lloyd (I)' (qv) (no relation) in the movie _Safety Last! (1923)_ (qv).
- Owns a home in Montana.
- His second cousin, John Willis, works for the Vermont Food Bank.
- Attended the prestigious Fessenden School in West Newton, Massachusetts.
- At 19, he moved to Manhattan and began studying with the acting teacher Sanford Meisner at the Neighborhood Playhouse.
- Shares his birthday with actor 'Jeff Goldblum' (qv).
- As a young actor, he performed at the Yale Repertory Theater with 'Meryl Streep' (qv).