Oct. 22nd, 1938
Stamford, Connecticut, USA
Guest TV Roles
Dr. Cletus Poffenberger
Himself - Interviewee
Dr. Emmett Brown (Voiced)
Professor B.O. Beanes
Lloyd was born in Stamford, Connecticut, the son of Samuel R. Lloyd, a lawyer, and his wife Ruth (née Lapham), a singer and sister of San Francisco mayor Roger Lapham. He is the youngest of four girls and three boys, one of whom, Samuel Lloyd, was an actor in the 1950s and 1960s. Lloyd's maternal grandfather, Lewis Lapham, was one of the founders of the Texaco oil company, and Lloyd is also a descendant of Mayflower passengers including John Howland. Lloyd was raised in New Canaan, Connecticut.
- He appeared as his Addams Family character (Uncle Fester Addams) in 'M.C. Hammer' (qv)'s "Addams Groove" music video.
- His _"Taxi" (1978)_ (qv) character, Reverend Jim, was a big fan of the original _"Star Trek" (1966)_ (qv). Lloyd later went on to play the Klingon commander Kruge in _Star Trek III: The Search for Spock (1984)_ (qv).
- To prepare for the role of Taber in _One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975)_ (qv), he lived in a mental institution for a few weeks and studied the patients. He modeled his character after one of the patients and stayed in character throughout all filming even when not on screen.
- Has appeared in over two hundred plays, including many on Broadway, regional, and summer stock productions.
- Graduate from Staples High School in Westport, Connecticut, in 1958.
- For his brief 1985 scenes in _Back to the Future (1985)_ (qv), he wore prosthetic make-up to appear 30 years older than in his 1955 scenes, which dominate the film. In the sequels, the 1985 Doc Brown has more scenes. To avoid having to put him through extensive make-up every morning, writers 'Robert Zemeckis' (qv) and 'Bob Gale' (qv) came up with the idea of Doc Brown visiting a rejuvenation clinic in the future, which results in his face looking much younger.
- Has appeared with 'Mary Steenburgen' (qv) in three different films: _Goin' South (1978)_ (qv), _Back to the Future Part III (1990)_ (qv) and _Wish You Were Dead (2002)_ (qv).
- Attended the prestigious Fessenden School in West Newton, Massachusetts.