Oct. 22nd, 1938
Stamford, Connecticut, USA
Christopher Lloyd's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Lloyd was born in Stamford, Connecticut, the son of Samuel R. Lloyd, a lawyer, and his wife Ruth (née Lapham), a singer and sister of San Francisco mayor Roger Lapham. He is the youngest of four girls and three boys, one of whom, Samuel Lloyd, was an actor in the 1950s and 1960s. Lloyd's maternal grandfather, Lewis Lapham, was one of the founders of the Texaco oil company, and Lloyd is also a descendant of Mayflower passengers including John Howland. Lloyd was raised in New Canaan, Connecticut.
- Uncle of 'Sam Lloyd (I)' (qv).
- His second cousin, John Willis, works for the Vermont Food Bank.
- Owns a home in Montana.
- He appeared as his Addams Family character (Uncle Fester Addams) in 'M.C. Hammer' (qv)'s "Addams Groove" music video.
- As a young actor, he performed at the Yale Repertory Theater with 'Meryl Streep' (qv).
- Independent Spirit Award for _Twenty Bucks (1993)_ (qv), best supporting actor.
- Attended the Neighborhood Playhouse in New York City.
- To prepare for the role of Taber in _One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975)_ (qv), he lived in a mental institution for a few weeks and studied the patients. He modeled his character after one of the patients and stayed in character throughout all filming even when not on screen.