Oct. 22nd, 1938
Stamford, Connecticut, USA
Guest TV Roles
Dr. Cletus Poffenberger
Himself - Interviewee
Dr. Emmett Brown (Voiced)
Professor B.O. Beanes
Lloyd was born in Stamford, Connecticut, the son of Samuel R. Lloyd, a lawyer, and his wife Ruth (née Lapham), a singer and sister of San Francisco mayor Roger Lapham. He is the youngest of four girls and three boys, one of whom, Samuel Lloyd, was an actor in the 1950s and 1960s. Lloyd's maternal grandfather, Lewis Lapham, was one of the founders of the Texaco oil company, and Lloyd is also a descendant of Mayflower passengers including John Howland. Lloyd was raised in New Canaan, Connecticut.
- At 19, he moved to Manhattan and began studying with the acting teacher Sanford Meisner at the Neighborhood Playhouse.
- In _Man on the Moon (1999)_ (qv), in scenes of _"Taxi" (1978)_ (qv), he appeared as himself, reprising his old role of Rev. Jim Ignatowski in the sitcom 20 years after the show itself was aired.
- Had his first ever screen kiss with Mary Steenburgen in Back to the Future 3.
- He's a devoted bicyclist. He once rode through Italy, pedaling from Milan to Venice, over the Dolomites, along the Amalfi coast and to Naples.
- Younger brother of 'Sam Lloyd Sr.' (qv)
- Attended the Neighborhood Playhouse in New York City.
- Has appeared in over two hundred plays, including many on Broadway, regional, and summer stock productions.
- Uncle of 'Sam Lloyd (I)' (qv).