Oct. 22nd, 1938
Stamford, Connecticut, USA
Guest TV Roles
The Woodsman (Voiced)
Dr. Cletus Poffenberger
Himself - Interviewee
Dr. Emmett Brown (Voiced)
The Continental Op
Professor B.O. Beanes
Lloyd was born in Stamford, Connecticut, the son of Samuel R. Lloyd, a lawyer, and his wife Ruth (née Lapham), a singer and sister of San Francisco mayor Roger Lapham. He is the youngest of four girls and three boys, one of whom, Samuel Lloyd, was an actor in the 1950s and 1960s. Lloyd's maternal grandfather, Lewis Lapham, was one of the founders of the Texaco oil company, and Lloyd is also a descendant of Mayflower passengers including John Howland. Lloyd was raised in New Canaan, Connecticut.
- At 19, he moved to Manhattan and began studying with the acting teacher Sanford Meisner at the Neighborhood Playhouse.
- To prepare for the role of Taber in _One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975)_ (qv), he lived in a mental institution for a few weeks and studied the patients. He modeled his character after one of the patients and stayed in character throughout all filming even when not on screen.
- Uncle of 'Sam Lloyd (I)' (qv).
- His _"Taxi" (1978)_ (qv) character, Reverend Jim, was a big fan of the original _"Star Trek" (1966)_ (qv). Lloyd later went on to play the Klingon commander Kruge in _Star Trek III: The Search for Spock (1984)_ (qv).
- Younger brother of 'Sam Lloyd Sr.' (qv)
- Attended the prestigious Fessenden School in West Newton, Massachusetts.
- Has appeared in over two hundred plays, including many on Broadway, regional, and summer stock productions.
- Owns a home in Montana.