Oct. 22nd, 1938
Stamford, Connecticut, USA
Guest TV Roles
The Woodsman (Voiced)
Dr. Cletus Poffenberger
Himself - Interviewee
Dr. Emmett Brown (Voiced)
Professor B.O. Beanes
Lloyd was born in Stamford, Connecticut, the son of Samuel R. Lloyd, a lawyer, and his wife Ruth (née Lapham), a singer and sister of San Francisco mayor Roger Lapham. He is the youngest of four girls and three boys, one of whom, Samuel Lloyd, was an actor in the 1950s and 1960s. Lloyd's maternal grandfather, Lewis Lapham, was one of the founders of the Texaco oil company, and Lloyd is also a descendant of Mayflower passengers including John Howland. Lloyd was raised in New Canaan, Connecticut.
- Independent Spirit Award for _Twenty Bucks (1993)_ (qv), best supporting actor.
- Uncle of 'Sam Lloyd (I)' (qv).
- Shares his birthday with actor 'Jeff Goldblum' (qv).
- In _Man on the Moon (1999)_ (qv), in scenes of _"Taxi" (1978)_ (qv), he appeared as himself, reprising his old role of Rev. Jim Ignatowski in the sitcom 20 years after the show itself was aired.
- Owns a home in Montana.
- As a young actor, he performed at the Yale Repertory Theater with 'Meryl Streep' (qv).
- His second cousin, John Willis, works for the Vermont Food Bank.
- In a scene in _Back to the Future (1985)_ (qv), his character Dr. Emmett L. "Doc" Brown, hangs on the arm of a large clock. This mimics a stunt done by 'Harold Lloyd (I)' (qv) (no relation) in the movie _Safety Last! (1923)_ (qv).